DICE come out with battleroyal in feb and sales will soar

1235»

Comments

• AviG306
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Noromiz wrote: »
    Well, if they allow people to buy a "Firestorm standalone" for roughly half the price of a full BFV and they allow people to play solo, then it will probably be decently successful.
    If nothing else because it will be the only "WWII themed Battle Royale".

But they cant do this after they already put the full game on 30$ price. So its 99% will be part of the game(like Blackout), or 1% it will be "standalone" for Free.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    I personally couldn't care less about BR games. I also don't think this game is going to have a huge boost in sales once it's added. It would need some sort of strong hook that's different from other BR games to really draw a bunch of players in. I just don't see that with BFV though. Especially since, from what I heard previously, it's still going to be a 64 player mode. Unless that has changed since then.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    Lol. Good one. Put a fork in this one, mate. Feces with raisins is still feces, which describes this situation nicely.
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as it annoys me it wasn't on here it was smart to hold off and yes it will boost sales, though maybe not to that extent. My guess, by where it's at now, bfv will fall in the same ballpark as bf4 in sales, which would still be solid. I'm not huge in battle Royal games but will occasionally post blackout which will probably turn into occasionally play Firestorm for a change of pace
  • warslag
    1311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    crixus82 wrote: »
    As much as it annoys me it wasn't on here it was smart to hold off and yes it will boost sales, though maybe not to that extent. My guess, by where it's at now, bfv will fall in the same ballpark as bf4 in sales, which would still be solid. I'm not huge in battle Royal games but will occasionally post blackout which will probably turn into occasionally play Firestorm for a change of pace

I think what the OP meant by "soar" was that sales could go ballistic. If, when Firestorm is released it turns out to be a brilliant game mode, and the price of BFV is heavily discounted to say $15, then sales could rocket.

Some of the other battle royal games have sold massively.

That's what people are speculating could happen with BFV.
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »

I think what the OP meant by "soar" was that sales could go ballistic. If, when Firestorm is released it turns out to be a brilliant game mode, and the price of BFV is heavily discounted to say $15, then sales could rocket.

Yeah.... That's why I said I don't see all that, though crazier things have happened. I simply see it falling seeing bf4 sales
  • warslag
    1311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »

Yeah.... That's why I said I don't see all that, though crazier things have happened. I simply see it falling seeing bf4 sales

Agreed. Just depends on whether or not they do a good job with it.