We need more Dice splainin'

SlowOldWarrior
206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 10
Dice must have spent all of our company coin on "influencers" for all of the positivity on this forum. Thanks for all the hard work guys, without your constant defending of Dice, I would be pissed about my 300 coins a day.

Easy interim fix for Dice, change the daily awards to 3000 a day so we can spec out our substandard equipment in this online shooter. I have not bought a single Barbie doll dress item and I am out of coin.

Honestly, if company coin is not pay-to-win with weapon/equipment upgrades, what does it matter?

Comments

• thebossman2202
    255 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nah...not 3000 buddy. Also are you joking? Who's defending DICE? Every day there's a thread saying how the game sucks, or the lack of weapons, or damn how DICE has betrayed the consumers.

Do you manage your coins and do your weapon assignments? Thats 300 a day right? Then a weapon assignment thayd 100-150 company coin. So again how is that not enough? I agree that the bug needs to be fixed but you need to calm down and stop blaming others
  • parkingbrake
    1508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice must have spent all of our company coin on "influencers" for all of the positivity on this forum. Thanks for all the hard work guys, without your constant defending of Dice, I would be pissed about my 300 coins a day.
    I'm trying to recall those folks posting here who haven't said the game has bugs and design problems that need to be fixed. Even the folks who are enjoying the game will point to problems that should be addressed, so I don't know where you're seeing these shills who do nothing but praise BFV and DICE and EA. Perhaps they are creatures of your imagination.
  • Smuk1337
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm trying to recall those folks posting here who haven't said the game has bugs and design problems that need to be fixed. Even the folks who are enjoying the game will point to problems that should be addressed, so I don't know where you're seeing these shills who do nothing but praise BFV and DICE and EA. Perhaps they are creatures of your imagination.

People just don't care about the "Rabble Rabble Rabble...."
  • thebossman2202
    255 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice knighters keep complaining about the complaining, I offered some constructive criticism complete with an interim solution, and I get told to "manage my coins". I have bought zero Battlefield Barbie doll dress up items, only weapon/vehicle/plane upgrades in attempt to find out which weapons and upgrades fit my play style best.

I am a level 50, and I only receive 3 x 100 company coins a day for jumping through silly hoops - I know building three sandbags is fun for some people, just not me, but I do it anyway. When I (and every other level 50) complete the other assignments the screen will display 2000 or 3000 company coins earned, but none of those company coins show up in our company coin balance. The only thing that shows up are the measly 300 coins for daily assignments, resulting in a several week long grind to upgrade a single plane.

I have managed my coins, Deadbeat Dice needs to "manage" a way to pay me the skinner coins that they owe me.

Remove upgrade coin mechanic from weapons/vehicles/planes, it was designed as a method to extract additional money for upgrades required for competitive balance. Dice got called out for embedding this greedy pay-to-win practice on BattleFront II, but by that time BF5 development already had it baked in. I would prefer that they remove it entirely and return to the BF3/BF4 upgrade mechanic, you know, when you actually got to use the weapon you were upgrading instead of white washing picket fences, playing hammer time, or forcing you to play some lame game mode (behavior driving manipulation). If they can no longer remove it (or actually want to introduce it later...?), it would be a simple interim fix to change the daily assignment rewards to 3 x 1000 coins (just add a zero) until they fix the bugs, or hopefully remove the mechanic entirely.

For all I care, they can double or even triple the coins required for playtime dress-up costumes and shiny sparkly guns - I just want my silly coins that I earned to upgrade the things that make an actual difference in competitive play.

It'd be kind of hard to remove company coin upgrades now dont you think? Also I personally feel 3000 coins is too much. MAYBE a 1000 or a 500 company reward but not that much. Also silly hoops? You act like doibg a daily assignment will take up your precious game time. You can literally complete them in one game
  • Tullzter
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah...not 3000 buddy. Also are you joking? Who's defending DICE? Every day there's a thread saying how the game sucks, or the lack of weapons, or damn how DICE has betrayed the consumers.

Do you manage your coins and do your weapon assignments? Thats 300 a day right? Then a weapon assignment thayd 100-150 company coin. So again how is that not enough? I agree that the bug needs to be fixed but you need to calm down and stop blaming others

You pay a certain price and you expect a full working game not a broken game where many features promised are nonexistent. i epecially feel bad for those who forked for the Ultimate Edition and got deceived with the 20 promised airlifts which are skins that you can eventually unlock by yourself...it's ridiculous..oh and wait until you can use your actual credit card to buy CC
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crazy, simple idea for a fix:

Remove. Arbitrary. Intentionally low. LEVEL CAP!
  • SlowOldWarrior
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice knighters keep complaining about the complaining, I offered some constructive criticism complete with an interim solution, and I get told to "manage my coins". I have bought zero Battlefield Barbie doll dress up items, only weapon/vehicle/plane upgrades in attempt to find out which weapons and upgrades fit my play style best.

I am a level 50, and I only receive 3 x 100 company coins a day for jumping through silly hoops - I know building three sandbags is fun for some people, just not me, but I do it anyway. When I (and every other level 50) complete the other assignments the screen will display 2000 or 3000 company coins earned, but none of those company coins show up in our company coin balance. The only thing that shows up are the measly 300 coins for daily assignments, resulting in a several week long grind to upgrade a single plane.

I have managed my coins, Deadbeat Dice needs to "manage" a way to pay me the skinner coins that they owe me.

Remove upgrade coin mechanic from weapons/vehicles/planes, it was designed as a method to extract additional money for upgrades required for competitive balance. Dice got called out for embedding this greedy pay-to-win practice on BattleFront II, but by that time BF5 development already had it baked in. I would prefer that they remove it entirely and return to the BF3/BF4 upgrade mechanic, you know, when you actually got to use the weapon you were upgrading instead of white washing picket fences, playing hammer time, or forcing you to play some lame game mode (behavior driving manipulation). If they can no longer remove it (or actually want to introduce it later...?), it would be a simple interim fix to change the daily assignment rewards to 3 x 1000 coins (just add a zero) until they fix the bugs, or hopefully remove the mechanic entirely.

For all I care, they can double or even triple the coins required for playtime dress-up costumes and shiny sparkly guns - I just want my silly coins that I earned to upgrade the things that make an actual difference in competitive play.

It'd be kind of hard to remove company coin upgrades now dont you think? Also I personally feel 3000 coins is too much. MAYBE a 1000 or a 500 company reward but not that much. Also silly hoops? You act like doibg a daily assignment will take up your precious game time. You can literally complete them in one game

Yes, I think it is too late for this game, maybe it will be removed from BF6 when I buy it for half price two weeks after release (fool me once).

What was wrong with the BF3/4 weapon progression? Why do you think that they changed the upgrade system?

Are you a level 50?

Why do think 1-3k is too much? Honestly, why? Dice messed up the progression system, not me - why is 500 or 1000 too much for you?

Yes, I consider my gaming time, attention, and continued financial support to be "precious" - does Dice?

Why are you defending Dice, are they giving you the company coins that they owe me? Does Dice-Knighting pay well?

I like to play conquest, not team death match, there are much better platforms for that (and for BR). Please let me grind a gun/tank/plane with kills, just like the good old days. If that is not possible, provide an interim fix that literally require changing a single digit - add a "0" to the daily awards until it is fixed.

Dice defenders get bent from all of the complaining, call for constructive criticism - and when a simple to implement solution is suggested, it is rejected and mocked with a "precious" comment.
  • wc138
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Easy interim fix for Dice, change the daily awards to 3000 a day so we can spec out our substandard equipment in this online shooter. I have not bought a single Barbie doll dress item and I am out of coin.

Honestly, if company coin is not pay-to-win with weapon/equipment upgrades, what does it matter?

Bro...DICE isn't even defending DICE. Seriously.

They are supposedly working on company coin issues: both on what you're supposed to be getting and on the prices of the cosmetic items to match your income. Unfortunately, other than the volunteer forum moderators, this forum seems to be where DICE intends to hide and ignore it's grumpiest players and their complaints. Been that way for years.

Their twitter and official reddit threads were updated pretty well for awhile, but I think they're doing that thing right now where you stick your fingers in your ears, shut your eyes, and try to pretend nothing bad is happening outside your own head.
  • Yurisputnik
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »

Bro...DICE isn't even defending DICE. Seriously.

They are supposedly working on company coin issues: both on what you're supposed to be getting and on the prices of the cosmetic items to match your income. Unfortunately, other than the volunteer forum moderators, this forum seems to be where DICE intends to hide and ignore it's grumpiest players and their complaints. Been that way for years.

Their twitter and official reddit threads were updated pretty well for awhile, but I think they're doing that thing right now where you stick your fingers in your ears, shut your eyes, and try to pretend nothing bad is happening outside your own head.

Good post. It’s happened like this on every BF release of late, they’re ignorant. You’d got more chance of getting answers using a ouija board and chicken bones ffs.
  • XxmOss72xX
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It wouldn't be hard to remove in the manner that people suggest. Since at level four all specializations will reset with no further CC needed... I do not see why these can't just auto unlock per level. At this point having gone weeks and weeks with only the daily grind (and missing some days do to real life adulting)... I think the poster was not too far out of bounds to suggest 3k... and yes... absolutely silly hoops. When the game forces me to play it in ways that I do not find enjoyable (certain game modes) or against my playstyle (forced to play certain classes) then yes it's taking up precious game time... especially when I have limited game time allotted for playing video games... And then I've had instances where the dailies are bugged and I do not get credit for completing them... so I'm shafted of the paltry CC that I set aside time to grind. It's a major issue and EA/DICE have known about it for weeks, yet they have done nothing. The OP was right (and has a right) to complain as do the rest of us. For those of us on this forum, it's nice to see that we're not alone.

• EvilGoat_51
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @OP The CC shortage is frustrating. A few tips for getting more, You supposedly get CC for leveling weapons, classes and vehicles, doing weapon assignments (mastery and proficiency) even though they don't show up as a reward, and if you got the deluxe edition/upgrade, you get 10 assignments worth 400 CC each.

I don't want to see a quick fix like increasing dailies to 3000 CC max. I'd rather actually earn CC after lvl50. 3000 CC max is also a bit much.

Regarding DICE "Knighters". I'm critical of people who post threads that are not constructive, but rather complaining and ranting. I don't get "bent out" because someone is bashing my "precious" DICE, my problem is more with the person and how they go about dealing with the problems with the game. BFV is a good game with great potential, it's very bugged and can be infuriating to play, but by providing feedback and lots of patches and fixes, it will be great. Making threads about how terrible the game is and how much they want a refund doesn't fix/help anything.

The conspiracy that the "Knighters" are being paid in CC to speak on EA/DICE's behalf is ridiculous. If you haven't noticed, the forum is so negative there is a thread asking people to say something positive for a change. I don't see anyone wearing rose tinted glasses praising the game. But maybe I should be more open minded, I know a real life Sasquatch.
  • Loki_Deezie
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Big bad DICE. tsk tsk tsk.

But seriously can people just wait to see if patch fixes these things before posting all this garbldy goop.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

But seriously can people just wait to see if patch fixes these things before posting all this garbldy goop.

No... Because these whiney, complainy, bumps on a log would quite literally have nothing else to do in life, silly.
  • Nesodos
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No... Because these whiney, complainy, bumps on a log would quite literally have nothing else to do in life, silly.

Found the DICE fanboys
  • Loki_Deezie
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nesodos wrote: »

Found the DICE fanboys

So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish
  • TEKNOCODE
    9876 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nesodos wrote: »

Found the DICE fanboys

So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

Don’t you know? If you don’t write crythreads or throw temper tantrums, then you are a fanboy.

Also, if you play support, then you are a camper.
  • RabbidWallaby
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fix will be incoming at the same time with the ability to purchase company coin for real money, coincidence? Wouldn't have wanted people to have that stuff stockpiled when they want the ability to make money off it would you?
  • XxmOss72xX
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most of us who are "Whiney complainy bumps on a log" like the game... in fact some of us so love this franchise that we bought this game despite our misgivings about the announcement and follow ups to launch... that we've stuck with it despite the miscommunication and missteps and the bugs that are so completely infuriating. These are real issues... and we have an absolute freaking right as consumers of this product to call out the service providers for their inferior release compared with previous releases. (No others have not been perfect Bf4 comes to mind... but BFV is starting to be in a class by itself) Calling people out for voicing what their issues are with the game is childish... calling them "Whiney complainy bumps on a log" is childish... don't be surprised when they call those people back on cheerleading. Me? I guess I'm a proud WCBoaL. I understand your point in what you're trying to do with the positivity... please try to understand (or at least tolerate) those of us who feel that DICE isn't living up to what it could be .