Stutter & instable frametimes

DeathNoteFINAL
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 11
Hi all, I got a very weird and disturbing problem while trying to play bf5: I get massive stuttering, resulting in a compleately unplayable game.

Here are my specs:
CPU: i7 2600
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
MOBO: ASUS P8H61-M LX2
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
RES: 1080p @ 60Hz

While here are the images:
MP: vuk2g.png
SP: 29dzeqe.png

Note that I checked my cpu usage and it never reaches 100% usage, with the only exception being at the loading of the game, and it remains at around 80% usage. Moreover it is the only apllication running(no chrome-firefox in bg)

Hope someone can help me fix this issue.
Post edited by DeathNoteFINAL on

Comments

• Tylr4D
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Turn Future Frame Rendering "ON" in the advance graphics settings. This should hopefully help!
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most likely RAM limitation, 8GB is not enough.
  • DeathNoteFINAL
    Thanks for the replies, but I am curently using dx12 and it was running well up to few days ago, moreover the ram should be enough, at least as long as I don't have any other application open. However I noticed I got this issue right after the latest windows update, can someone else confirm I am not the only one with this problem?
  • Inaho_Seiryuu
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If cpu usage is not hitting 100% then it could be not enough ram available.

Show us some screenshots of these stutters but also showing everything else like ram/vram usage, temp, etc at the same time. You can use afterburner for that.
  • OachkazI
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a nearly 400 page Thread regarding this **** in the nvidia forum. Link attached:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1004600/geforce-drivers/all-games-stuttering-with-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/203/

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be one single solution
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Runs bad for me too, and have more ram than u.

I hope they can admit there is a problem with the code and fix it. BF1 ran like a dream on Ultra for crying out loud.
  • DeathNoteFINAL
    I kinda fixed it with https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released but I still experience stuttering:
    152yn87.png
    Still, I don't get why even if my cpu times are constant, my framerate is not and quite noisy, dipping up to 35 fps.
  • Tylr4D
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you please take photos of your settings? I think something is not correct with your settings, something seems up.