Getting bad screen tearing but good FPS on 240 hz monitor.

Kyleeee
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hey all, gameplay in BFV is crisp and smooth for the most part and I love the game. I just get an annoying amount of screen tearing and stuttering at certain times. It's especially bad if while zooming in on a scoped weapon or when spawning in from the deployment menu.

I took a few years off of gaming and just built this rig so I have a feeling I just set something up wrong. I got this 240 hz Alienware AW2518H monitor and I've heard that if things aren't set up correctly it can cause screen tearing? I'm running a 2700x and 2080 setup, so the game run likes a top. Any help would be majorly appreciated.

Comments

• mendez84
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Kyleeee
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mendez84 wrote: »

Not really understanding the application. Should I just change to Borderless Windowed mode and then deal with the FPS hit?
  • TapperSweden
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    I have that monitor to but i play with G sync off because i dont see any tearing at 155-230 fps. When i had g sync on i have v sync on in nvcp and off in game and always in fullscreen, dx 11,ffs ON and no frame cap, I have no tearing or other problems. This game runs best in fullscreen from what i have heard.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game client is limited to 200fps. That might explain the tearing.
  • TapperSweden
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    The game client is limited to 200fps. That might explain the tearing.

That wont matter , as long as the games fps dont exceeds monitor hz it will work as intended. I have 200 hz sett in game and monitor at 240 hz and there is no difference if fps is at 155 or 230 fps and g- sync is ON. The only difference that i see at such high fps g sync ON vs OFF , is that the picture is a bit more static like on a old crt monitor with g- sync ON.
    I have no stutter problem or spikes with g sync OFF either .
    Post edited by TapperSweden on