Matchmaking sucks

shaunUK24
32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Sick of being stuck with noobs who can't play

Comments

• Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Then find a squad to play with?
  • shaunUK24
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm already in a squad. A lobby needs more then one decent squad to win a game
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Thats where you are wrong. A good squad can certainly turn the tides of battle. My buddies and i do it all the time.

Your post makes zero sense. "Wah, all the people in the lobby suck, wah."
  • shaunUK24
    edited January 12
    So your telling me that four people can win the game against the opposite team. BS alert
  • Indigology
    Yes, if you know what youre doing. To say that you cant is quite ignorant, as im sure others will tell you.
  • Aflag666
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair, Indiology is right about a solid squad being able to change the flow and force a victory for your team. Don't get me wrong, if it is just the 4 of you and the rest of the team is playing for kills in objective based game modes, there may not be much you can do beyond getting top squad. But a lot of times, a solid squad does make a huge impact on the flow of a match. Especially if the squad leader is sharp.

But it sounds like your issue shaunUK24 is lack of good squad mates. There are a couple of threads here of players looking for squad mates. Check them out as I feel you'll find some good folk to play with and hopefully it will make BFV more enjoyable. :)
  • Mishkin37
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    shaunUK24 wrote: »
    So your telling me that four people can win the game against the opposite team. BS alert

Yes. Completely yes.

As long as the other team doesn’t have more than 1 good squad.

• shaunUK24
    It's not just about the team you are with tho. It's about the rest of the people who either play for kills or have no idea completely.

I really can't see how four people can take the amount of flags between them and win the game.

Even dice has come clean about the matchmaking being poor
  • GrimeySix
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13

In extremes, maybe not, but even just two people working together with communication can have a HUGE impact on the outcome.

As an example, a friend and I in a squad; our team was getting beaten badly, swept off all but one objective on Aerodrome. We proceed to grab an armored truck and aggressively capture 2-3 objectives in rapid succession. It was enough to get our team back even and eventually take the win. Did we win the game alone? Certainly not, but it was a big factor. In the end, even had we lost, we racked up some solid points and had tons of fun in the process!
  • Aflag666
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One observation I would like to throw out there. I am involved in more games that are decided by less than 100 tickets than in any other BF. A lot of times, the difference is 20 or less tickets. I don't know what it is, but more often than not, the match is not a one sided blowout. I am also playing more game modes than just conquest on this BF as I am enjoying Frontlines and Breakthrough. That may be part of it. But on Conquest, I have also been in many close matches as well. Yes there have also been some blowouts, but it feels like the matches come down to the wire more often. That to me says the matchmaking is not horrible.
  • Aflag666
    It's not just about the team you are with tho. It's about the rest of the people who either play for kills or have no idea completely.

I really can't see how four people can take the amount of flags between them and win the game.

Even dice has come clean about the matchmaking being poor

Grimy's example is a good one. You have to realize that in his scenario, by taking the truck and grabbing a couple of objectives, most likely a few people on his team saw what they were doing and responded accordingly. At the same time, the enemy team most likely had players that started going after Grimey and his mate, leaving less fighters in the main engagements. So, not only did they take a couple of flags, but they helped change the flow and focus on their team while disrupting the flow of the enemy. This is just my guess as I wasn't there, but I have seen the phenomenon myself first hand many times. Both as part of the squad making the difference and as a member of another squad seeing a squad doing the Lord's work and then following suit to support. It's not that you and your squad are mowing down and pushing through 32 enemy players and taking/holding all the flags alone. It's that your squad actions are simultaneously disrupting the other teams flow and creating a productive one for the rest of your team to follow, ultimately turning a loss into a win. It doesn't always work. Some teams are simply too filled with k/d **** to help out with a good squad. Then you just find a new lobby. But it sure is fun to play like that when you realize your team is struggling. Find the issue and use your squad to correct the problem.

Oh, and also Mishkin's point must be factored in. If the other team has even two really solid squads while your team has just yours and bunch of yahoos, that will make it very difficult to improbable. You have to be aware of your enemy to have an idea of how much of a difference you can make. Like we have all said, it isn't always possible.
  • Mishkin37
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Enemies are like a virus. If you capture a flag but leave one enemy alive there, that one will spread to two, three and four, recapturing the flag back.

Now the enemies have a new festering spawn point from which 32 more viruses can spew.

How many times has this happened to you?
    - You and a lone enemy battle over a flag.
    - Enemy kills you.
    - You futilely watch the enemy’s kill cam as his 3 buddies spawn out of thin air from his position.
    - Flag is lost to enemy team 6 seconds later.

Now what if you won 1-on-1 fight? Your team would have captured the flag, creating a new spawn from which your 31 viral friends can breed.

So I believe one person can make a difference.

One good squad can definitely make a difference.

Hopefully your team has more good squads than the bad guys.

Never, ever leave a virus on a flag. Find and destroy all spawn beacons. Viruses thrive on them.
  • Mishkin37
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    One observation I would like to throw out there. I am involved in more games that are decided by less than 100 tickets than in any other BF. A lot of times, the difference is 20 or less tickets. I don't know what it is, but more often than not, the match is not a one sided blowout. I am also playing more game modes than just conquest on this BF as I am enjoying Frontlines and Breakthrough. That may be part of it. But on Conquest, I have also been in many close matches as well. Yes there have also been some blowouts, but it feels like the matches come down to the wire more often. That to me says the matchmaking is not horrible.

So much agree!!!

Matchmaking is pretty solid (or the comeback mechanic is aggressively-tuned).

Conquest games are great, and my experience is that they are super close also.

We lost a game 0-1 two nights ago (probably the 6th or 7th time that happened). We won a game 3-0 last night.

It doesn’t get much better than that!
  • GrimeySix
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Aflag666 wrote:

Grimy's example is a good one. You have to realize that in his scenario, by taking the truck and grabbing a couple of objectives, most likely a few people on his team saw what they were doing and responded accordingly.

This is 100% what I was talking about. It's critical when you're getting over run and pinned at one objective or your own spawn! (Suez Canal anyone?)

Too few people realize the importance of drawing away opposing resources when you try to "flip the map" as we call it. It's the only way I've seen games that looked headed for a spawn killing slaughter, turn around and either be much closer or end up in a come from behind win.