Weekly Debrief

What is your K/D ratio?

Comments

• crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pebjesus wrote: »
    crixus82 wrote: »
    People saying k/d doesn't matter are not very smart. It's not everything, but it's part of a balance. If you're constantly dead, even playing your job to the max you are still not going to be very affective for you're team. A medic goes 5-20 for example has some heals but say has 10 revives. Yeah that would help lower the pressure on team but overall he would hurt the team. Also if you have allot of negative assaults and supports, your team is probably in allot of trouble.

Dats some true things u said, the only problem i see with the kd is, f. e. i have 1.20 - eventho u would imagine that u shred me all day long, yet i also go out of a game with 3.5 kd. No camp or snipe, favorite 'play type' combat medic.

Therefore the only thing u can really tell, would be a 1 vs 1 :smiley:

I also would say spm is way for efficient to tell, if somebody is grinding hard. I never see a 2k spm player with a low kd.

Greetz,
    Pat

Spm could help but for people who just rush it can sometimes be a misconception, as they Obviously will get some points. K/d definitely doesn't have to be real high, but at the same time you would have to do your job well enough to make up for it, if you're going negative. If you do that you will be very useful. Also something like assault should be going positive, though getting some vehicle deaths is going to occur. But yeah, that's all I mean by balance. It's all a culmination of ones balance of everything
  • NLBartmaN
    3292 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Something just above 1.

Started out with 0,5 when I tried to rank up almost every weapon, class and vehicle and get some gold skins and most specializations.

Fighting against ranked up weapons and vehicles with rank 0 weapons and vehicles is bad for your K/D ... some weapons and vehicles are really bad at rank 0 ...

Now that most is ranked up K/D is rising fast when only playing with favourite and best weapons/vehicles and specializations for my playstyle and gamemode/map choices.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pebjesus wrote: »
    People saying k/d doesn't matter are not very smart. It's not everything, but it's part of a balance. If you're constantly dead, even playing your job to the max you are still not going to be very affective for you're team. A medic goes 5-20 for example has some heals but say has 10 revives. Yeah that would help lower the pressure on team but overall he would hurt the team. Also if you have allot of negative assaults and supports, your team is probably in allot of trouble.

Dats some true things u said, the only problem i see with the kd is, f. e. i have 1.20 - eventho u would imagine that u shred me all day long, yet i also go out of a game with 3.5 kd. No camp or snipe, favorite 'play type' combat medic.

Therefore the only thing u can really tell, would be a 1 vs 1 :smiley:

I also would say spm is way for efficient to tell, if somebody is grinding hard. I never see a 2k spm player with a low kd.

Greetz,
    Pat

Spm could help but for people who just rush it can sometimes be a misconception, as they Obviously will get some points. K/d definitely doesn't have to be real high, but at the same time you would have to do your job well enough to make up for it, if you're going negative. If you do that you will be very useful. Also something like assault should be going positive, though getting some vehicle deaths is going to occur. But yeah, that's all I mean by balance. It's all a culmination of ones balance of everything

spm is great but also highly dependant on game mode. I play TDM and my SPM goes way down. Otherwise as a medic main my SPM playing mostly DOM plus some TDM and Conquest is around 530
  • Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Only play Recon 95% of the time, and I use the SLRs and play aggressive.

Would probably be 3.0 if I used busted Assault class.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    2.68 Overall

2.48 Recon, 1.15 KPM, 22.5 hrs
    2.76 Assault, 1.46 KPM, 18 hrs
    3.11 Support, 1.34 KPM, 9 hrs

I've only played medic for 30 minutes, but I'm at a 1.83 KDR and 1.19 KPM with it.

Support is getting a lot closer to my BF1 stats. I only recently started playing it a lot. I think that might be a contributing factor as to why it's higher than the other classes. My support stats are more relative to my current skill in the game. While I've been playing assault since launch so it includes my starting stats. Recon just isn't that great of a class in general.
  • TheDynastyYT
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone on this post saying K/D doesn't matter are people with low kd's lol. Sure there are some good players with high SPM but low K/D and sure there are some with a high K/D that camp all game. But to the people stating they have a 1.00 kd and are the ones doing all the work for the team is wrong. I'm sure you're reviving and resupplying / whatnot but if you think K/D doesn't matter then you're wrong. Not trying to brag or offend anyone. K/D only matters if you have a high SPM to go along with it to prove you aren't camping or using vehicles.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Everyone on this post saying K/D doesn't matter are people with low kd's lol. Sure there are some good players with high SPM but low K/D and sure there are some with a high K/D that camp all game. But to the people stating they have a 1.00 kd and are the ones doing all the work for the team is wrong. I'm sure you're reviving and resupplying / whatnot but if you think K/D doesn't matter then you're wrong. Not trying to brag or offend anyone. K/D only matters if you have a high SPM to go along with it to prove you aren't camping or using vehicles.

KDR certainly matters. The only time it doesn't is when your other stats like KPM and SPM are low. In that case, it just shows you're a camper.

But a player with a high SPM and a higher KDR is a lot more valuable than a player who just has a high SPM. This is an FPS game afterall. Killing as much as you can and dying a little as possible is important. The more you kill, the easier it is to capture and defend objectives. And the less you die, the more time you have on the ground where you can PTFO. You can't PTFO when you're dead.

The one exception is TDM where KDR is the king stat since the only thing that gets you a win is contributing more kills than deaths.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

SPM is an indicator but not the truth of how usefull someone is.
  • NLBartmaN
    3292 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That is a whole different topic and discussion that has been done over and over again.

Conclusion:

stats in a game like BF with everyone using all different kind of gear, weapons, vehicles, assignments, gamemodes voice party or not etc say nothing at all, you can't compare those players.

The only way you can compare players is by letting them play each other 1 on 1 on a local network with the same gear and same weapon and letting them fight each other with every weapon available.

Only then you will have a true comparison in overall skill in BF.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't care, no one should
  • SirTerrible
    1699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Infantry KD + KPM is the best indicator of infantry effectiveness but if you play with a good squad you're going to have inflated stats compared to solo players. Now that we can see how many times we've been revived we can kinda see who plays in a good squad now. SPM just says which mode you play and if you run with the zerg or not, it's most irrelevant when determining skill.
    edit: KPM is also influenced by game mode to be honest lol. Most stats vary a lot depending on mode and if you play solo I guess. Heck stuff like SPM and KPM probably vary a lot from map to map even within the same game modes.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    2.68 Overall

2.48 Recon, 1.15 KPM, 22.5 hrs
    2.76 Assault, 1.46 KPM, 18 hrs
    3.11 Support, 1.34 KPM, 9 hrs

I've only played medic for 30 minutes, but I'm at a 1.83 KDR and 1.19 KPM with it.

Support is getting a lot closer to my BF1 stats. I only recently started playing it a lot. I think that might be a contributing factor as to why it's higher than the other classes. My support stats are more relative to my current skill in the game. While I've been playing assault since launch so it includes my starting stats. Recon just isn't that great of a class in general.

Recon still not meshing well right? Ive been trying it every now and then and Ive had one or two good games with the Enfield. But most games I end up dying a lot so I switch back to assault to salvage the game. Started 2 - 9 on Hamada. Switched to assault, ended 24 - 12. It's absurd
  • BaronVonGoon
    6776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Infantry KD + KPM is the best indicator of infantry effectiveness but if you play with a good squad you're going to have inflated stats compared to solo players. .

This.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

That is a whole different topic and discussion that has been done over and over again.

Conclusion:

stats in a game like BF with everyone using all different kind of gear, weapons, vehicles, assignments, gamemodes voice party or not etc say nothing at all, you can't compare those players.

The only way you can compare players is by letting them play each other 1 on 1 on a local network with the same gear and same weapon and letting them fight each other with every weapon available.

Only then you will have a true comparison in overall skill in BF.

1v1 would’t be a good to way to chose the best BF player of those two..
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

wrong wrong wrong , scroll back read my post k/d usually is a false positive
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

KDR certainly matters. The only time it doesn't is when your other stats like KPM and SPM are low. In that case, it just shows you're a camper.

But a player with a high SPM and a higher KDR is a lot more valuable than a player who just has a high SPM. This is an FPS game afterall. Killing as much as you can and dying a little as possible is important. The more you kill, the easier it is to capture and defend objectives. And the less you die, the more time you have on the ground where you can PTFO. You can't PTFO when you're dead.

The one exception is TDM where KDR is the king stat since the only thing that gets you a win is contributing more kills than deaths.

sorry to say most of that is dribble , except for your last sentence
  • BaronVonGoon
    6776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

troll.
  • johnojohnson

troll.

how is that a troll ? this is my opinion , and feel free to run my name in all BF games since BF2 for stats , though i did have multiple accounts maxed out for some of them ,
    K/d means nothing , for a game like this it is all about offensive / defensive objective points , revives , heals , ammo all the team stuff. You could have a low K/D ie .87 but be a great sqd / team player or you could have a K/D like 3.4 and just sit on the outside not contributing, also take in account the amount of kills , ie player A goes 50 / 25 player B goes 8 / 2 so by stats B look the best but A actually is , then you have the amount of hours because the longer you play more it should affect your K/D, what mode you play and lastly for this game going for assignments and gold guns really affects your K/D , if I just played the 1/2 guns I prefer my K/D would be great but as you can see it is just average https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/johnojohnson/overview
  • Sixclicks
    edited January 12
    I just played 3 games. I went from a 2.68 overall to a 2.72 overall now.

I went from 3.11 with support to a 3.20, and assault went from 2.76 to 2.80.

Ribeyrolles/M30 Drilling/Bren/KE7 FTW
  • mf_shro0m
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These threads jus take encourage camping in case you haven’t realised
This discussion has been closed.