What is your K/D ratio?

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Everyone on this post saying K/D doesn't matter are people with low kd's lol. Sure there are some good players with high SPM but low K/D and sure there are some with a high K/D that camp all game. But to the people stating they have a 1.00 kd and are the ones doing all the work for the team is wrong. I'm sure you're reviving and resupplying / whatnot but if you think K/D doesn't matter then you're wrong. Not trying to brag or offend anyone. K/D only matters if you have a high SPM to go along with it to prove you aren't camping or using vehicles.

KDR certainly matters. The only time it doesn't is when your other stats like KPM and SPM are low. In that case, it just shows you're a camper.

But a player with a high SPM and a higher KDR is a lot more valuable than a player who just has a high SPM. This is an FPS game afterall. Killing as much as you can and dying a little as possible is important. The more you kill, the easier it is to capture and defend objectives. And the less you die, the more time you have on the ground where you can PTFO. You can't PTFO when you're dead.

The one exception is TDM where KDR is the king stat since the only thing that gets you a win is contributing more kills than deaths.

sorry to say most of that is dribble , except for your last sentence

troll.

how is that a troll ? this is my opinion , and feel free to run my name in all BF games since BF2 for stats , though i did have multiple accounts maxed out for some of them ,
    K/d means nothing , for a game like this it is all about offensive / defensive objective points , revives , heals , ammo all the team stuff. You could have a low K/D ie .87 but be a great sqd / team player or you could have a K/D like 3.4 and just sit on the outside not contributing, also take in account the amount of kills , ie player A goes 50 / 25 player B goes 8 / 2 so by stats B look the best but A actually is , then you have the amount of hours because the longer you play more it should affect your K/D, what mode you play and lastly for this game going for assignments and gold guns really affects your K/D , if I just played the 1/2 guns I prefer my K/D would be great but as you can see it is just average https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/johnojohnson/overview

What I said is objectively true though. There's nothing to even disagree with. A player with a high SPM and high KDR is a lot nicer to have than a player with a high SPM and low KDR. How can you even debate that?

Same with the rest. The more you kill, the easier it is to take objectives and defend them. The less you die, the more time you have to PTFO. You cannot play the objective while you're dead. Thus a high KDR is beneficial to have when it comes to playing the objective.

There's a lot of people that seem to have this stupid belief that you can't both play the objective and have a great KDR. Having a great KDR doesn't always mean you're a camper.

You're talking like we're saying KDR is the only important stat.... it's not. A good combination of a high KDR, KPM, and SPM are what indicate a player is skilled. You can't camp for a good KDR and have a good KPM and SPM too. You also can't only get 8 kills and 2 deaths like in your example and also have a good KPM. The 50/25 player may have a lower KDR than the 8/2 player, but the 50/25 player would have a 1.67 KPM over a 30 minute game, while the 8/2 player would only be at 0.267 KPM over that same game time. That 0.267 KPM is an instant flag that the 8/2 player is a camper. While the 50/2 player's 2.0 KDR and 1.67 KPM instantly indicate he's a very skilled player. His SPM will then indicate whether or not he's an objective player too.

Never judge a player's skill/usefulness based on KDR alone. You need to look at the whole picture.
  • bran1986
    5160 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just played 3 games. I went from a 2.68 overall to a 2.72 overall now.

I went from 3.11 with support to a 3.20, and assault went from 2.76 to 2.80.

Ribeyrolles/M30 Drilling/Bren/KE7 FTW

The Ribeyrolles.....is my baby but on the wrong class :'(
  • Hawxxeye
    4101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0.92 (currently rising)
    Trying to play the objectives, do many assignmnets , revive allies at all costs as well as not only maining the tryhard classes took its toll to me.
    At least my more regular squad-mates appreciate the effort
  • bran1986
    5160 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    0.92 (currently rising)
    Trying to play the objectives, do many assignmnets , revive allies at all costs as well as not only maining the tryhard classes took its toll to me.

You are a really good team player.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone on this post saying K/D doesn't matter are people with low kd's lol. Sure there are some good players with high SPM but low K/D and sure there are some with a high K/D that camp all game. But to the people stating they have a 1.00 kd and are the ones doing all the work for the team is wrong. I'm sure you're reviving and resupplying / whatnot but if you think K/D doesn't matter then you're wrong. Not trying to brag or offend anyone. K/D only matters if you have a high SPM to go along with it to prove you aren't camping or using vehicles.

KDR certainly matters. The only time it doesn't is when your other stats like KPM and SPM are low. In that case, it just shows you're a camper.

But a player with a high SPM and a higher KDR is a lot more valuable than a player who just has a high SPM. This is an FPS game afterall. Killing as much as you can and dying a little as possible is important. The more you kill, the easier it is to capture and defend objectives. And the less you die, the more time you have on the ground where you can PTFO. You can't PTFO when you're dead.

The one exception is TDM where KDR is the king stat since the only thing that gets you a win is contributing more kills than deaths.

troll.

how is that a troll ? this is my opinion , and feel free to run my name in all BF games since BF2 for stats , though i did have multiple accounts maxed out for some of them ,
    K/d means nothing , for a game like this it is all about offensive / defensive objective points , revives , heals , ammo all the team stuff. You could have a low K/D ie .87 but be a great sqd / team player or you could have a K/D like 3.4 and just sit on the outside not contributing, also take in account the amount of kills , ie player A goes 50 / 25 player B goes 8 / 2 so by stats B look the best but A actually is , then you have the amount of hours because the longer you play more it should affect your K/D, what mode you play and lastly for this game going for assignments and gold guns really affects your K/D , if I just played the 1/2 guns I prefer my K/D would be great but as you can see it is just average https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/johnojohnson/overview

What I said is objectively true though. There's nothing to even disagree with. A player with a high SPM and high KDR is a lot nicer to have than a player with a high SPM and low KDR. How can you even debate that?

Same with the rest. The more you kill, the easier it is to take objectives and defend them. The less you die, the more time you have to PTFO. You cannot play the objective while you're dead. Thus a high KDR is beneficial to have when it comes to playing the objective.

There's a lot of people that seem to have this stupid belief that you can't both play the objective and have a great KDR. Having a great KDR doesn't always mean you're a camper.

You're talking like we're saying KDR is the only important stat.... it's not. A good combination of a high KDR, KPM, and SPM are what indicate a player is skilled. You can't camp for a good KDR and have a good KPM and SPM too. You also can't only get 8 kills and 2 deaths like in your example and also have a good KPM. The 50/25 player may have a lower KDR than the 8/2 player, but the 50/25 player would have a 1.67 KPM over a 30 minute game, while the 8/2 player would only be at 0.267 KPM over that same game time. That 0.267 KPM is an instant flag that the 8/2 player is a camper. While the 50/2 player's 2.0 KDR and 1.67 KPM instantly indicate he's a very skilled player. His SPM will then indicate whether or not he's an objective player too.

Never judge a player's skill/usefulness based on KDR alone. You need to look at the whole picture.

Well typed
  • Zviko0
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0.92 (currently rising)

And that's all that matters.
  • narnold700
    277 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally wouldn't suggest reviving at all costs. It is great to have a medic that spams bandages and does plenty of reviving, but kamakazi revives are counter productive.
  • SpartaxxNL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KDR: 3.10
    Kills: 5188
    Headshots: 2120

Mostly with bolt action, all gold ofc.

Xbox one with changed settings such as auto aim off
  • Hawxxeye
    4101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

troll.

Another issue with stats in general is that certainly players of same ability who focus on using different weapons and classes will naturally have different values on these stats since not all loadouts allow the same high efficiency kill and score playstyle. Of course this will not stop gifted players from laying the smackdown to everyone else.
  • Sixclicks
    5047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    0.92 (currently rising)

And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad to have a medic playing their role in the squad. That's always beneficial to the team. It doesn't hurt to be capable of killing more too though. Hopefully medics will have their weapons improved enough in the next patch to make them more capable of doing so. I don't play the class much because I hate how it feels like I'm shooting marshmallows at anything that's not CQB.

Medic is pretty unique in regards to KDR and usefulness though. You could have a low KDR but keep your high KDR squad mates alive when they do happen to go down which keeps the fight going without you having to actually kill anyone.
  • Sixclicks
    edited January 12

troll.

Another issue with stats in general is that certainly players of same ability who focus on using different weapons and classes will naturally have different values on these stats since not all loadouts allow the same high efficiency kill and score playstyle. Of course this will not stop gifted players from laying the smackdown to everyone else.

Like I said, you gotta look at the whole picture. I even look at what game modes they play most. If they use vehicles often. What weapons are they mostly using? What do their squad stats look like? What about class specific stats like heals, revives, resupplies (if they play those classes a lot)? Etc.

KDR, KPM, and SPM are just great basic metrics for a quick glance.

If I see someone mostly plays TDM, I expect their SPM will probably be lower than others. KDR and KPM are all that really matter in that game mode. If I see someone mostly plays medic, I expect their KPM and KDR will be lower on average since the class is pretty weak in terms of their weapons. However, their SPM should be good if they're healing and reviving. If I see someone plays scout a lot, I expect their KPM and SPM will both be lower than other classes as well.
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

troll.

your are trying to twist things around and digging yourself a deeper whole , original point being K/D is not important and you actually agree with that statement lol, and the more you kill does not equal easy to take objective because the important thing is where those kills are , if on the flag yes but if in no mans land semi pointless except for the players K/D and of course can help with ticket count but not as much as the PTFO player capping or reviving ( so back to the original point again) the funny thing if you read what I said you agree with all of that as to get to SPM you need to do what i stated is the better player IMO and better than a high K/D , and yes stat wise (K/D ) the person who goes 8/2 will always have a higher K/D which is a false positive like I said and you even agreed yourself , so back to the punch line HOW IS THAT A TROLL ? where are your stats ?
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I play recon only in BFV, but no matter how much I PTFO, revive allies, spot, flank with spawn beacon, kill lots of enemies... My SPM still is 260 and my KD 2,19 (and rising)... KPM sits on 0,66... I’m not very happy about this...

In BF1 I had no problem getting the SPM and KPM higher...

I dunno, I play alone only and not with a squad, so maybe its that...

For me only kd means something in BFV, because of the low ttk and current class imbalance... Getting high SPM seems easier with a class like medic, then with a recon etc. Getting high KPM seems easy with assault, then recon etc... So it doesnt mean that much for me... In BF1 it would matter more, but in BFV, everything is messed up...
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Overall stats
    K/D = 3.44
    K/Min = 1.57
    Score/Min = 683.5

Only play Conquest, mostly solo, all infantry and mostly never sober :D
  • herodes87
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    My is 200:0 every single game. All other Players suck and have small ****.

Not to forget my E-**** is so big i can't even Put pants on anymore. Its bigger then King Kong and Godzilla together. So If you See a Guy at the Battlefield without pants its me. So be aware before you get smashed.

When i enter the Lobby you can feel a Tremor in the force.

Get good noobs!!!

Lol
  • Sixclicks

troll.

your are trying to twist things around and digging yourself a deeper whole , original point being K/D is not important and you actually agree with that statement lol, and the more you kill does not equal easy to take objective because the important thing is where those kills are , if on the flag yes but if in no mans land semi pointless except for the players K/D and of course can help with ticket count but not as much as the PTFO player capping or reviving ( so back to the original point again) the funny thing if you read what I said you agree with all of that as to get to SPM you need to do what i stated is the better player IMO and better than a high K/D , and yes stat wise (K/D ) the person who goes 8/2 will always have a higher K/D which is a false positive like I said and you even agreed yourself , so back to the punch line HOW IS THAT A TROLL ? where are your stats ?

Where are my stats? In my signature.

I never said KDR was the only thing that matters.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Infantry KD + KPM is the best indicator of infantry effectiveness but if you play with a good squad you're going to have inflated stats compared to solo players. .

This.

Double this^
  • V99999
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ranked #130ish for heals on Xbox
  • bran1986
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Dear lord the amount of unnecessary arguments in this thread gave me gas.

I don't get why some get so bent out of shape.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!