Weekly Debrief

What do you guys think about COD WW2?

2»

Comments

• WarfareKiller41
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    nutcrackr wrote: »
    Meh. Campaign was poor

Mp is okay but maps are pretty bland. You're better off with BO4.

I don't want BO4 though. It's not on mega sale, it is not WW2, and I keep hearing people criticize that game too.
    Do you have any other COD games? I'd recommend older titles like Black Ops 2 or even World at War.

I have WaW on PC. I am definitely not going to be playing anything that old for MP. I just got this and so far with the season pass there are loads of maps. Kinda spendy for an older game, but they give you a lot of stuff with the deluxe. Obviously, maps are way smaller and there are very few control options. But luckily controls feel okay to me turned down on sensitivity. Not perfect but very good I guess.

I just started it. There is way too much there for me to eat up any time soon. Seems like the few maps I played do look pretty good. It's a bit on the blurry side for sure, but all these games that use temporal AA seems to be a bit blurry.

Definitely will not be leaving BF for the game, but WW2 also has a much cooler vibe than BFV does. I love the community bunkers they have there where you can wander around with people. BFV's shooting range pales in comparison. They really should have done something like WW2 did where you can meet up and stuff.

The UI aesthetic is also a lot better IMO. BFV's aesthetic is gross on the UI. But obviously BF wins by a thousand miles in customization. So I will just dip into this to have some casual fun I think. We'll see.
    Alright then, obviously my opinion won't reflect everyone else's. Hope you enjoy it!
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WW2 was a crap game, CoD never delivered on anything in game. Riddled with bugs it was, way worse than BFVs beta. What CoD tried to sell in WW2 is what BFV currently is, it's a slap in the face to CoD.

I don't really hear this at all from the fanbase. In fact, on the reddit and other channels they seem to think highly of the game and some even like it more than BO4. IDK. I bought it to see their take on WW2.

The reason why I said that was all the press videos in over selling the game. The beta was trash, despicable trash. The release wasn't far from the beta, it was still bad. But, the reason why I say bfV is a slap in the face to CoD:WW2 is that what sledgehammer tried to sell us at the world reveal was what BFV is now. The fortifications, tool box etc.. Activision just mashed some crap game together for yet another quick buck as they do need my every year releasing reskinned coffee games on virtually the same code. I think Bo4 may have been the first cod using sone new code in over 4 or 5 titles ago
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    At least we had D-Day beach with COD..... I said enough!

No you didn't. Tides of War is a live service, maps/battles are released chronologically and we are only in 1940 I believe, 1941 on Jan 17th. So unless D-Day happened in 1940, you have a lot more to say.

That's really cool how theybare doing that. I just wish they announced that mode, and walked us through how tge mode would work, and thatvyou were progressive through the tine period, like you stated. I think more people would have picked it up
    I have a feeling this version of ww2 will end in 1940

They will go to 1944. There is still so much they can do with what they already have. I like the idea of bfv going in a somewhat chronographical order. The American forces are pretty much in the game with tanks uniforms etc. It'll really bust the franchise if they just abandoned BFV and never finished dice's trademark flagship. The game will finish, give it time. Bf4 held together for it's first year and 8 years later it's still strong. Hardline got finished and it still has as much traction as BF1 on some days dispute not being a fan favorite.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    Well I am not going to disagree here. After playing only a bit this gameplay is pretty trashy lol. I think I can get used to it for a fun time, but they literally have almost no tweaks to anything in this game. No FOV tweaks or control tweaks nothing. It's laughably insane lol.

I die in split seconds in this game and because of perks often have no chance whatsoever hahahaha. We'll see on this.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Okay so actually I have been having some decent fun with the game. Was worried at first, but after a couple dozen TDMs I am getting the hang of it. BF could never be replaced by this game that is for sure, but I really do like how there are a lot of maps and decently quick matches.

I think they also have a good artstyle. I just kind of blank out all the unlocks and stuff. There is tons of it.

So these two WW2 games together actually complement each other well IMO.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I liked it man! Slowed down since bfv came out but I think it’s a solid game.. definitely better if you have deluxe
  • smokintom214
    UglyNoah wrote: »
    I liked it man! Slowed down since bfv came out but I think it’s a solid game.. definitely better if you have deluxe

It's probably just gotten better over the year or so it's been out. Just like bfV will get much better.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's the worst WWII single player campagin I've ever played- yes it's worse than BFV's lackluster war stories, at least they tried to tell unique stories, and while they also failed- WWII's single player portion had everything going for with the 1st Infatry Division, it and it ended up squandering all opportunities. and I was stoked to play it, I was pumped and than I played it and was such a massive disappointment It made me angry for days.

it's filled with cliches, every character is a stereotype, it's tone deaf and utterly inconsistent. the gameplay holds your hand from beginning to end and relaying on your squadmates as walking health and ammo dispensers makes the experiece even less immersive than the regenerative health experince of old COD games. if this was a movie it would have been lambasted as a drama that looks and is acted like a spoof without any self awareness.

even Infinite Warfare felt more belivable than WWII, because even though it was set in a fictional war, it's characters were more believable. and it's message was also more fitting to the name of the franchise- CALL OF DUTY. in Infinite Warfare you play as a captain who begins his journey trying to save everyone because he thinks like a soldier first, captain later. only as things get more dire, he realizes how commited his soldiers are to self sacrifice and he let everyone fight to the bitter end- he becomes a true captain, a man on a mission fully resolved with the ultimate fate for himself and his crew.

WWII is the complete opposite, it's a story of a "friendship" and "leave no man behind", problem is, the delivery is soooo ham fisted that your friend is downgraded from the only likable character in the game to a plot device, when you have to rescure zussman, this is where the game finally lost me completely. it's such a disconnect between theme and gameplay, the plot says so that you are "making a choice" to save your one friend, and of course by doing so- endanger everyone else, disobey orders and be a reckless AWOL. in the end it all comes down together and there are no consequences, yayyyy happy ending.

even though Infinite Warfare was also a big bag of cliches and wasn't really a deep well thought out, well written experience- it at least was genuine and true to the name of the franchise- the call to duty, duty above all else, that is the creed of the soldier.

it wasn't ever spelled out in any COD game, but it was true in game design from the original COD to Modern Warfare, to Black Ops- the call to duty. and WWII despite having every opportunity to remind players what it really means, it failed the very name of franchise it belongs to.

the original Call Of Duty had at least for me, one of the most powerful moments in gaming, when you are given nothing but a strip of bullets after you cross the volga without a rifle, that moment hit me emotionally about the hopelessness of war, it's unfairness, it's inhumanity and how insignificant you are as a cog. that moment is what set apart Call Of Duty from the rest, it's about being a soldier, answering the call of duty, it's not power fantasy or a wish fullfillment story like WWII was. we don't know of they will continue to create new single player campagins in the future after Blops 4 didn't have one... but when Infinity Ward or Sledgehammer of even Treyarch make the choice to create a new single player portion, I hope they look at OG COD and understand what's this game truly means so that they will never make something as asinine as COD: WWII.
  • Khronikos
    There are so many maps to keep track of that it gets to be too much for something just starting. My KDR is about 1.6 and TTK is honestly pretty damn fast at times. However COD does it you pretty much get insta killed all the time. A little bit faster than BFV.

Movement and what not is a bit different for sure, and people still have better perks than me and way more experience with the guns. I am playing an armored class atm. Not too bad. I wouldn't say I love the game, but I do like TDM. With TTK this fast not really sure how much I like objectives gameplay. TDM seems more like my thing for WW2.
  • SirBobdk
    4124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Khronikos wrote
    TDM seems more like my thing for WW2.
    Have you tried "War"
  • Khronikos
    @Khronikos wrote
    TDM seems more like my thing for WW2.
    Have you tried "War"

Yeah it was okay. It didn't seem like I really enjoy the objective games with TTK this low unless teams are balanced. I mean, honestly the game is okay to good. I can't really give it much more than that. Way too much of the streak BS interfering with good matches. Have not tried hardcore yet. Maybe I will like that a bit better IDK.

Overall, I feel like the TTK is too low in this game. It's just blazing fast a lot of the time and you literally have no time to react to anything at all.

But that isn't really that much of a problem. The maps are cool and everything, and give me a good WW2 vibe, but they are so small and you have guys constantly respawing on your butt. It makes for a lot of circular mayhem, and when you are not squaded up playing level 500s it's a bit much to be honest.

Team balance is not always good. I think the game is better during the day when it has more players.
  • Khronikos
    edited January 14
    Upgrades are mandatory on this game. I have been doing better, and the game has been more fun with fully upgraded guns. Without them good luck.

While the WW2 setting is kind of cool, these maps are all spawn fast circle jerk maps where you get shot in the back most of the time. You really have to be on your guard. It feels a lot faster paced than BF, though, the maps still are a tad too small for me. The art is nice, and overall I think with upgraded guns the game makes a good complement. I keep going back and forth on it.

I would really like to play a game like this with a larger map style going for it. Everything about the game is fairly addictive, but starting out it very hard.

Quick scoping is ridiculous on this game. I saw a quick scoper go like 4 KDR every match just ridiculous accuracy god knows if they use a mouse or it's the horrible aim assist and what not.

For me I like some of the designs, but you just kind of wish the maps were larger and there were more people in games. It all comes off as so cheesy sometimes when there is no Conquest to play out. Kill guy... he spawns in the back of you and kills you within 8 seconds lol. I guess it what it is.

Going back to back between these two games is almost insane. Sometimes I feel like a match of COD, and for that it is worth it. But holy cow man this game is like playing a shooter from ten years back or something.

Funny that trying COD just makes me want a better Battlefield game. Altogether glad I tried it, but I don't think I will be staying to unlock everything.
    Post edited by Khronikos on
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 16
    It was okay. I really enjoyed war but my friends hated it for some reason so didn't get to play it as much as i liked.

Honestly couldn't get that into it though. Didn't even prestige and thats something ive done with almost every cod game ive owned.
  • Khronikos
    It was okay. I really enjoyed war but my friends hated it for some reason so didn't get to play it as much as i liked.

Honestly couldn't get that into it though. Didn't even prestige and thats something ive done with almost every cod game ive owned.

IDK, I am not the kind of person to play a gun game for 1K hours or anything. COD seems pretty fun to me all told. Have not even tried the more limited rank settings yet, but as for Prestige you mean on classes or guns? Do you prestige when you hit a certain level?

I am using my Armored guy atm because it feels like I have to. I really dislike the class imbalance in normal mode, but maybe that is because ranked has limited options and the game is balanced for that. I still feel like because nade spam Armored has a leg up in places.

Altogether the game is just a good distraction. With how bad BFV seems currently I don't think I will be regularly playing much except for Tides. Not that COD is perfect or anything, it's just a fun and different take on WW2 I was after. I really like that it has tons of different maps as well.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 17
    I was talking about level prestige. Which is only about 20 to 40 hours gameplay depending how you play. For the first one at least.
    But i forgot they revamped the prestige system based on ckasses too.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy playing Call of Duty WW2 however there are a couple of things I don't like.

1. Factions. I don't like the whole Allied vs Axis thing they did and how every map seems to be based in Europe. What about the pacific? The factions should've been like World at War.
    2. Customisation. It's pretty lame that we can customise the Allied soldiers like no tomorrow but we can not customise the Axis (just German) soldiers. There's no way to play as Italian or Japanese soldiers.

If the game was more gritty and war like as World at War but had the same game-play it could've been a lot better, in my opinion.