Weapons and the recoil system in BFV: Everything is basically a sniper

0SiGHT0
455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 12
It's no secret that BFV's weapon balance is sub par to say the least, so much so that DICE experimented with an across the board 1 bullet less TTK change that did not go over very well with a good portion of its community. Instead of actually balancing guns in the game, though, they reverted back the TTK to how it was originally and left a still broken set of weapons.

Every weapon in this game is seemingly a sniper of sorts, with the ability to kill at distances effortlessly and with very little skill or ability by the player. The most overpowered of them all is the assault class' semi-automatic rifles, which possess nearly zero recoil and the ability to spam shots with high damage per bullet. The support's bipod LMG's are laser beams and the damage maintained over range equates to many times outperforming bolt action sniper rifles (the patch coming won't be hurting much). While the medic's SMGs are currently useless, they will be getting a medium range damage buff that will probably do very little in helping them against this current "meta" of weapons. And then of course, there is the insanely overpowered revolver that is a 2 shot body shot or 1 shot headshot at close range, giving little reason to ever use most of the primary weapons in close combat (or any of the other pistols for that matter).

BFV's set of weapons is probably easiest to use in any BF game that I can remember (I have played these games since BF2). When you remove things like suppression and randomized spread, guns become extremely accurate and appear to be unbalanced. Factor in the horrible netcode, and you get a game that feels like it needs a different TTK when you are on the receiving end. Except it doesn't, it needs a system with proper weapon balance designed for diversity of classes that is aligned with the franchise's previously well-received titles.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    4843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the crouching/prone support bipods are getting nerfed soon with 20% and 40% more vertical recoil recoil than they used to have until now. As of that patch they will have the same recoil as standing bipod.
    I thought you might want to know
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    the crouching/prone support bipods are getting nerfed soon with 20% and 40% more vertical recoil recoil than they used to have until now. As of that patch they will have the same recoil as standing bipod.

I mentioned that my post regarding the patch, the only real difference that is going to make is for people that can't aim and have to spray many bullets to get kills.
  • y_j_es_i
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you on PC or console?
  • Nesodos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sadly won't help the overall balance when MMG's are still buggy and worse than the lewis in most aspects.
    Assault guns are still broken OP but they nerf the only weapons that make you a sitting duck and ring the free kill bell for good players. Classic DICE is classic
  • _WarriorSaint-xX
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    While I agree with most of what you said, I don't agree with the LMG's being too overpowered in bipod mode (unless they're LMG's of course). You can only have aimed fire with a MMG while actually bipoded. This already makes them a very vulnerable and easy target. Reducing their overall effectiveness even further, will basically render them useless. In addition, a 2 shot kill from a revolver in very close range cannot be considered overpowered when in fact it has the lowest ROF of all the sidearms, has only 6 shots, and already requires 3 shots when not used at extreme close range. Revolvers have always been a 2 shot weapon in this game's franchise. Supposed to be a skill cannon in close range. BF4's 44 Magnum, Unica, and M412 Rex were exactly the same.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol all weapons are basically snipers? Most of the SMG's, the FG42, and all of the mmgs say hi.
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The single shots were always good at range used properly, and only the weaker ones have extremely low recoil. Ttd/hit detection is making many guns seem like effective long range guns, mostly fast fully auto, where half a clip hits you in a single frame because the servers can't keep up. That's supposed to be getting fixed. Also I will say the support guns are still way too advise at range. They're suppression not snipers. Mow em down up close, suppress at range, not just firing off long range lasers with no site use. Watch videos of these **** even kidding when mounted and prone. They were vicious for mowing people down at fairly close range
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12

That's a start. Now how about some recoil for assault?
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tell you what doesn't need more recoil. That recon seblaster.... Love that gun but holy hell
  • SirTerrible
    1521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol all weapons are basically snipers? Most of the SMG's, the FG42, and all of the mmgs say hi.

I counter snipe with the FG42 a lot. Says more about my enemies than the gun though lol.
  • NLBartmaN
    2831 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gewehr43 is a better sniper rifle than all sniper rifles :D

You can headshot snipers above 100 metres with almost no recoil and no scope glint ...

Why would you take a different weapon if you want to snipe?

Btw same for KE7 and other MMG/LMG's with 3x scope, sniper is dead before he is fully zoomed with his scope with glint ...

Almost every weapon can shoot above 100 metres with almost no recoil ...

The number of times i have been killed as a sniper above 100 metres by all kinds of non snipe weapons is ridiculous, really needs a change.
  • Bamsmacked
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Until 3x scopes get removed from Assault and Supports, Recons are jokes.

What's even more of a joke is that Assault Semi Autos are better than Recon SLRs at range.

So yeah... This is easily the worst BF game in terms of class balance, because Assault > Everything in the game.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    It's no secret that BFV's weapon balance is sub par to say the least, so much so that DICE experimented with an across the board 1 bullet less TTK change that did not go over very well with a good portion of its community. Instead of actually balancing guns in the game, though, they reverted back the TTK to how it was originally and left a still broken set of weapons.

Every weapon in this game is seemingly a sniper of sorts, with the ability to kill at distances effortlessly and with very little skill or ability by the player. The most overpowered of them all is the assault class' semi-automatic rifles, which possess nearly zero recoil and the ability to spam shots with high damage per bullet. The support's bipod LMG's are laser beams and the damage maintained over range equates to many times outperforming bolt action sniper rifles (the patch coming won't be hurting much). While the medic's SMGs are currently useless, they will be getting a medium range damage buff that will probably do very little in helping them against this current "meta" of weapons. And then of course, there is the insanely overpowered revolver that is a 2 shot body shot or 1 shot headshot at close range, giving little reason to ever use most of the primary weapons in close combat (or any of the other pistols for that matter).

BFV's set of weapons is probably easiest to use in any BF game that I can remember (I have played these games since BF2). When you remove things like suppression and randomized spread, guns become extremely accurate and appear to be unbalanced. Factor in the horrible netcode, and you get a game that feels like it needs a different TTK when you are on the receiving end. Except it doesn't, it needs a system with proper weapon balance designed for diversity of classes that is aligned with the franchise's previously well-received titles.

Absolutely. I've been saying this for a while. There's no reason that SMGs are just as, if not more accurate at range than snipers. Same thing for LMGs and ARs. Range doesn't mean anything in this game. The firing cones are so tight that everything, when you're prone, is a sniper. Except most snipers can't shoot faster than everything.
    Also, snipers have lower bullet velocity than every other gun in the game. You don't have to compensate vertically very much with a Geweher 43 on Aerodome across the map. Meanwhile, a sniper has to look so far upwards in order to even attempt to hit someone halfway across the map. And then most guns are more accurate at that range anyway. Why DICE? Why did you decide this?