Equipping Knife/Grenade/Syringe Keybind Request!

Meatlumps
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited January 12
Hello! I have no idea if the devs peruse these forums much, but I would like to ask for the return of a dedicated button for equipping melee weapons/grenades/syringes!
As an avid melee'er, I find myself wishing I could press the '6' button to equip my melee weapon while on the run at times. This was previously a feature in Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, but for some reason was missing in the previous title and in this one as well.
I also think it would be nice to be able to press '5' to equip a grenade without pulling the pin. This was also something I occasionally used in older titles, but can no longer do for some reason.
Heck, I even miss being able to equip and get kills with my revive tool.
Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think you still can do that by holding melee button. At least it was possible in bf1, I doubt they changed it.
  • Meatlumps
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I know that. But I'm referring to the ability to pull out a melee weapon without having to stop what you're doing and swing at the air. It can be frustrating when you're pursuing someone and you have to stop sprinting just because you want your melee weapon prepped.
  • parkingbrake
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a new mouse with six thumb buttons so I have one set to Melee which keeps me from having to take my eyes off the screen, but yes, it would be nice to just equip melee and go with it. My record in BF4 was eight knife kills in a row without ever putting away the knife.

I don't have a mouse button set for the grenade any more since DICE has made throwing grenades in BFV a less attractive proposition, and you only get one anyway so it almost seems pointless at times considering how feeble grenades are in this game. PUBG actually did it better, you can even cook grenades in that game so your target has no time to get away.

Once again DICE has changed something that didn't need changing, and no, they didn't make it better, they just changed it.