The Death of Battlefield Fans

Comments

• crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    "I have been a proud BF player and Supported the Franchise since I picked up the first title."
    "BF4 was the best game you ever produced"
    Okay then...

During the full 3 years of active support? Maybe. But you simply can't compare them on release because bf4 had the worst launch in history of bf series and one of the worst among AAA games.

Nope, this one’s worse... BF4 had bugs when it launched. This one is unfinished.
    This proved people has such a short-term memory.
    Yes, both BF4 and BFV have bugs/glitches. But BF4 was unplayable and crashing all the time at launch, for a whole freaking year. Do any of you remember that the shiny "levolution" DICE added to the game cause the whole server crash in Shanghai map?
    It's like "argh, we're losing, better take down the Skyscraper and crash the whole thing so no one could win".

People complaining about how unfinish, Betafield and buggy BFV is while praising BF4 is just ridiculous.

Nail on the head. I wish I could forget the countless hours of updates just to make it a bit playable. The job dice did fixing that was commendable and ea should've never forced a release deadline on them for that game, out at least gave them more time. In the end I liked the game, but it's likely the most overrated of the bunch.
  • Sammy_SUN1
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    69GTOJudge wrote: »
    You were saying?
    Removed kinda big image, just go here...
    https://hothardware.com/news/battlefield-v-microtransactions

LOL :)))) EA has other things to do, the game is perfect as it is :))) These guys are in another dimension :)
  • ragnarok013
    2350 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    All right guys dial the personal posts back. The OP is perfectly entitled to think that BF4 is the best title and it doesn't invalidate his opinion.

• parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    BF4 is atrocious, in fact every BF game after BF3's core launch has been atrocious. It's an objective fact.

No, it's a subjective opinion. No matter how passionate you are about it, your opinion and fact are not interchangeable terms.
  • firechickenfan
    394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    BF4 is atrocious, in fact every BF game after BF3's core launch has been atrocious. It's an objective fact.

No, it's a subjective opinion. No matter how passionate you are about it, your opinion and fact are not interchangeable terms.

Tell that to Trumpers.😖

So, I think OP is right on there being something missing. I too, am kinda getting bored at times with bf5.

That being said, for me BC2 is my personal favorite. Over 1000 hrs. There are things that that game did right, that I have yet to see repeated. Destruction & class balance being the main two. It had major problems at launch. Although i was lucky enough not to experience them too much.

Hardline SUCKED! But again it did ONE thing right. You could take meds/ammo from players at leisure. GREAT IDEA NOT REPEATED. Maybe 50 hrs, but I doubt it.

BF3 was ok. It wasnt as good as BF4 IMO. Over 1000 hours.

I never experienced the majority of issues listed in this thread with BF4. Thought it was a good game, especially a while in. Had a LOT of fun and good times in that game. Over 1000 hrs.

BF1. What can I say? The WW1 theme was cool for a while. The game looked good. Didnt like playing it half as much as any previous games (excluding hardlune). Stopped playing because of boredom. Probably around 1000 hrs. (Not sure though)

Now we have BFV. I played the beta.(open) Played since preorder launch on ps4. Max rank already. 2/4 classes maxed. Gold guns. Single player completed on HC.

I AM starting to get bored with it. Already. Dont know why. I know lack of maps is one reason. But maybe I am just used to the other games having run their DLC course? It seems like a basic reskin of BF1. It plays different, but it looks the same. Basically. I AM experiencing a majority of issues listed in other forum posts, with BFV. Most of all being the TTD/TTK discrepancy. TTK seems fine. TTD is LITERALLY 1 bullet hit. EVERY T I M E! For instance, this morning I was chasing a guy (just outside melee distance), I hip fired 3 rounds into his back, got hit markers, he jumps on a wood pile, I swing my coupe coupe, get a hit marker, then drop dead from 1 shot from his pistol. It was NOT a HS. WTF?

The game does feel unfinished. For me it only tracks half of my assignment kills.

I am hoping some co-op & some BR might bring some life into it, but for now I definitely agree with OP, regarding this game, again, missing that IT, that kept me ENJOYING BC2, BF3 & BF4.

Sorry, didn't MEAN to make a wall.

• xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There’s a lot of legitimate complaints about the current state of BFV, but I will never understand the complaints about the lack of customization options... IN A WWII GAME!!!

If anything there is too much customization in the small arms. I hate to break it to you but unless you playing the scout class every weapon should be iron sights only. And even the scout classes are rediculous with 6x scopes.

Let alone it being the most in depth custimzation weve had so far in the series, atleast with cosmetics.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi Dice

I have been a proud BF player and Supported the Franchise since I picked up the first title.

To be quiet Frank... BF4 was the best game you ever produced for the online community. Reasons are that you had full customization on everything... Guns, Vehicles, outfits and more.

In BF1 you guys removed amlost all Customizations, you could only pick from different versions of the weapons. That sucks. We waited almost 3 years for the new BF game and now we have even less options and everything is almost so expensive it like you want us to pay real money for Company Coin!?

We want to build our own style of weapons mix and match stats on attachments. BF V is a Great game but come on there is almost no good selection of guns and your options are limited to 4 - 8 guns per category.... boring. BF4 had almost 20 per Category?

Whats up with the small selection of maps?
    Assignments are next to none?
    No xp boosts?

Please amend these wrongs... you are even starting to lose die hard fans because of your greed and lack of effort to listen to the community.

Please take this in consideration and Revive the Battlefield we all knew and Loved

You've not been a supporter since the first title at all, you've played a few console games. Bf 2 is the best, bf5 is very good, still not to bf 2 standards,
    I've been a supporter since the first title, 2002 bf 1942, + all its dlcs, then bf Vietnam, then b2 + bf spec forces them armoured fury I think it was then the bf EU forces, then bf 2042 (may have wrong year)
    And the list goes on
  • SumwhatKrazy
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @firecheickenfan i liked everything about your post except for the first part, Trump derangement syndrome?
  • firechickenfan
    394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @SumwhatKrazy

Nope. Just amazed how that gentleman's comment seemed to fit our world right now.

Thank you though. It's amazing. My buddy just popped off with "buddy I'm getting bored with this game. Want to play H1Z1?" Not two hours after I posted it.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Really need xp boost to reach 50? :|
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think DICE moved away from BF-series when they decided to make all the changes in the game like they did on BF1 and even more in BFV. "golden" guns ? ffs thats a COD wannabe thing and never been a BF-related thing.

Subjectively I think BF2 and BF4 was the good games, I mostly play BF4 in classic mode now a days, it reminds the most of BF2.
    (no spotting, autoheal/repair and no dorritos). that way I get the good gfx from BF4 and the gameplay from BF2 :)

I think its fair enough, without a need to explain it much that WW2 "just isnt my thing" and to me is flat out boring without rented servers
    where we decide the maps, I dont like the fake histories - historyline that has absolutely no authenticity at all. I mean, Doctor Bimbo with a daughter called Rambo in Norway stopping the germans from getting the heavy water .... so basically DICE sits between two chairs auth. and realistic. ..... having to play assignments to get stuff .... takes too long, not interested. Following a storyline having to play 4 maps .... not interested ... yawn, need a nap ... see ya all .
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me, the pinnacle was BF3 and BF4. I enjoyed BF4 more than BF3 overall, because DICE LA really worked hard on balancing it. By the end there was still the AEK meta, but every single gun, except the Mare's Leg was totally viable. If they had just taken BF4's gameplay and removed all the cheap gadgets like the UCAV and translated that to the next title that would have probably the best shooter I can think of.

Then BF1 came out and it was a complete step backwards in every single department, the gunplay was lackluster and cheap mechanics like sweet spot were added, not to mention the terrible Behemoth gimmick. Just total trash, IMO. I played it and it was okay, but the whole time I couldn't help but think that BF3 and BF4 were so much better in every way.

And then BFV was announced and they said it would be less casual, and I thought fantastic. But then this heaping pile of garbage is released and no matter how hard I try I can't like this game at all. There's things I like, but those are totally eclipsed by the things I hate, making the whole experience totally unenjoyable and another big "what if" for me.

Probably gonna drop it altogether soon. DICE can't seem to make a shooter I enjoy any more. BF4 was the last one. Battlefront 1 and 2, and Battlefield 1 and V are proof of that to me.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this will be my last Battlefield. I'm sick of the shenanigans.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is a good game, it’s not a great game. The bad company series was great, BF3 despite all its problems was great, every instalment after was meh. People rave about BF2 but that’s the PC brigade only as they’re the only ones who had it. I know this game tried to go back to its roots but I think the nostalgia blinkers went on

I do agree though BFV is not particularly good really, it’s buggy, plays badly, map design is poor and more important than anything it’s not really that fun to play. The Assignments are a joke, I like individual scopes for rifles but some customisation would be a preference.

There’s a lot of work to do on this game but I sure as hell dont just want another BF4. Even if not I would like better and were just not getting that
  • SirBobdk
    3715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was not my favorite BF game, but I would choose it any day with all the bugs and crashes over BFV.
    I got tired of BF4 after maybe 2000 hours. BFV achieved the same result after 20 hours.
  • satnam74
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They tried to create it to make money rather than be fun, so copied all the other games out there, too many respawns is a lame attempt to create a game.

They should try learn from this and any of tom clancy's games...
  • ragnarok013
    2350 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Hardline SUCKED! But again it did ONE thing right. You could take meds/ammo from players at leisure. GREAT IDEA NOT REPEATED. Maybe 50 hrs, but I doubt it.

This came from Medal of Honor Warfighter and IMO like the squad revive and medic refill points really minimized the importance of classes so I wasn't a fan of it in a "Battlefield" title.
  • trip1ex
    4503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 13
    glory days.

The BF1942 and BF2 days were the best. GAme gradually became more and more consolized after that.

I don't really like BF1 that much but BFV is even worse.

I might have grown bored with BF4 if not for Obliteration mode which is what I played 99% of the time in BF4. Of course they got rid of that. BC2 was a tight game that had destruction and so one could appreciate it. I even got a 360 just to play that game and enjoy for the platform it was designed for.

BF3 was fine. I do remember some of the air power just being too strong. compared to BF1 you literally couldn't do anything from the ground against super pilots.

The game is designed for the mass market audience. IT's World of Battlecraft now yet on the smallest collection of maps yet. Everyone just joins the server to grind. They choose a quest and go grind for it. 30 pelts to get the gold skin and upgrade your bullet wand to 10% more accuracy. Pretty much the only step left is to load up the servers with loads of AI npcs.

Sure I joke and yet I don't lol. I mean this could easily happen. It seems like it's the step after the next step.

• V4NILLABE4R
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    XP boots? Like you don't level up fast enough already in this one?!?! Lol.

I'm pretty sure I see a boost symbol on the squads as you join just flash up for a split second...
    We've all been boosted, hence almost everyone being level 50 after the first 2 weeks!

Also, customisation wise it's a moot point comparing to BF4; modern weapons have a plethora of attachments and add ons. This wasn't the case in WW2 so of course it's going to be limited. Would have thought that was kinda obvious.
  • parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This came from Medal of Honor Warfighter and IMO like the squad revive and medic refill points really minimized the importance of classes so I wasn't a fan of it in a "Battlefield" title.
    IMO the real importance of Hardline was that it brought Visceral into the BF franchise, because reportedly it was DICE LA and Visceral that fixed BF4 when it became clear DICE Sweden was in over its head. And here we are again, another title with bugs and design blunders that really are inexplicable, things that used to work in previous titles once again need emergency repair work. I seriously think EA needs to ask whether DICE Sweden should continue to take the lead in designing future BF titles.

Why is the netcode messed up, again? Why did it take Battle(non)sense to point out BFV's network performance is actually worse than it was in BF1?

Why is the UI so clunky and awkward, e.g. why do we need to leave the game to activate assignments, for that matter why do we have to activate assignments at all? How does that improve our gaming experience?

Pretty graphics are not more important than network performance, how has DICE managed to forget this?