The Death of Battlefield Fans

13»

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XP boots? Like you don't level up fast enough already in this one?!?! Lol.

I'm pretty sure I see a boost symbol on the squads as you join just flash up for a split second...
    We've all been boosted, hence almost everyone being level 50 after the first 2 weeks!

Also, customisation wise it's a moot point comparing to BF4; modern weapons have a plethora of attachments and add ons. This wasn't the case in WW2 so of course it's going to be limited. Would have thought that was kinda obvious.

The op acts like you had so much customization to make your gun unique. There were like 4 things you could change on your gun with negligible effects and some basic full pattern skins. Not to mention there were a bunch of choices that made you think there were alot of options but had the same effects. The biggest change to weapons was optics imo. Then he talks about basic full pattern vehicle skins and the super basic player skins that you could barely even see. Talk about looking at bf4 through rose tinted glasses.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    BF4 is a good game, it’s not a great game. The bad company series was great, BF3 despite all its problems was great, every instalment after was meh. People rave about BF2 but that’s the PC brigade only as they’re the only ones who had it. I know this game tried to go back to its roots but I think the nostalgia blinkers went on

I do agree though BFV is not particularly good really, it’s buggy, plays badly, map design is poor and more important than anything it’s not really that fun to play. The Assignments are a joke, I like individual scopes for rifles but some customisation would be a preference.

There’s a lot of work to do on this game but I sure as hell dont just want another BF4. Even if not I would like better and were just not getting that

I don't get the fascination with the bad company games beyond the introduction of destruction. It was a bullet spongey mess that you couldn't even go prone in. I will say it's the only battlefield campaign I was interested in and the visuals were nice. Overall, i found it to be a very overated part of the series.
  • firechickenfan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is a good game, it’s not a great game. The bad company series was great, BF3 despite all its problems was great, every instalment after was meh. People rave about BF2 but that’s the PC brigade only as they’re the only ones who had it. I know this game tried to go back to its roots but I think the nostalgia blinkers went on

I do agree though BFV is not particularly good really, it’s buggy, plays badly, map design is poor and more important than anything it’s not really that fun to play. The Assignments are a joke, I like individual scopes for rifles but some customisation would be a preference.

There’s a lot of work to do on this game but I sure as hell dont just want another BF4. Even if not I would like better and were just not getting that

I don't get the fascination with the bad company games beyond the introduction of destruction. It was a bullet spongey mess that you couldn't even go prone in. I will say it's the only battlefield campaign I was interested in and the visuals were nice. Overall, i found it to be a very overated part of the series.

Exactly. Half of the campfest we have now is because of prone position. This game would be much different without it.

The level of destruction made maps customizable. You could wipe out trees/bushes/buildings to create an advantageous killing field for your team.

Among other things.
  • SirBobdk
    3502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @xXCA_RageXx
    I don't get the fascination with the bad company games beyond the introduction of destruction
    Because of rush, the map design and sound.
    Everything after that have been a huge disappointment regarding game types like Rush, Operation and breakthrough.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I wouldn’t play it now but at the time it was the bees knees. The movements were good, class balance was good, the snipers were really good although OP tbf. Look in detail and you will find flaws but that those games were epic and so much fun to play. That’s what makes a game great, not the details. Go back and play goldeneye and it hurts your eyes but my god was that game epic for its time. This is where you have to step away from nostalgia and why I think trying to go back to BF2 mechanics was a mistake.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    [...]

To be quiet Frank... BF4 was the best game you ever produced for the online community. Reasons are that you had full customization on everything... Guns, Vehicles, outfits and more.

[...]

BF4 was a great game at the time BF1 was released.
    On it's initial release, BF4 was a bug ridden pile of garbage that was basically unplayable.

People tend to forget this and compare BF4 at the end of it's lifecycle with the release of BFV.
    Comparing the releases of BFV and BF4, BFV is a polished masterpiece.

A lot of people have become overly dramatic when it comes to BFV, I personally think that the game is great.
    There are a couple of major bugs (again, miniscule in numbers compared to other BF releases), some QoL issues and a lack of content right now.

I have great confidence in DICE getting the game on the right track.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm pretty sure I see a boost symbol on the squads as you join just flash up for a split second...
    We've all been boosted, hence almost everyone being level 50 after the first 2 weeks!

Also, customisation wise it's a moot point comparing to BF4; modern weapons have a plethora of attachments and add ons. This wasn't the case in WW2 so of course it's going to be limited. Would have thought that was kinda obvious.

The op acts like you had so much customization to make your gun unique. There were like 4 things you could change on your gun with negligible effects and some basic full pattern skins. Not to mention there were a bunch of choices that made you think there were alot of options but had the same effects. The biggest change to weapons was optics imo. Then he talks about basic full pattern vehicle skins and the super basic player skins that you could barely even see. Talk about looking at bf4 through rose tinted glasses.

What? Attachments in BF4 made a big difference, and it was actually possible to make your weapon objectively worse than stock, if you didn't know what you were doing. I actually think that's something that's missing in BFV. Weapons only get better with customizations, there's no balancing positive and negative traits, just guns that are 100% better than stock.

It's not about punishing players, it's about balancing weapons so they're not amazing at everything, like making a weapon with a longer range scope have worse hipfire etc.
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People easily forget that bf4 literally didnt work the first couple weeks it was out. At least on ps4, the only game type that worked was team deathmatch. Conquest and all the other modes didnt work at all! Bf4 launched with 10 maps. Bfv only has 1 less than that right now. It had more weapons yes but many of them were almost identical. As for attachments, they didnt really have them back then so I dont know what more you really want. They made up for the lack of attachments by adding the specializations which have the same effects that attachments did in other games.
    Bfv is a solid game. It has its issues sure but I'm really enjoying it. Watch when the next bf comes out this forum will be full of people saying that this new one is trash and bfv was way better. People just need to always be whining about something I guess.
  • trip1ex
    4215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

@xXCA_RageXx
    I don't get the fascination with the bad company games beyond the introduction of destruction
    Everything after that have been a huge disappointment regarding game types like Rush, Operation and breakthrough.

Yeah it didn't try to be a jack of all trades. It was focused.
  • xXCA_RageXx

What? Attachments in BF4 made a big difference, and it was actually possible to make your weapon objectively worse than stock, if you didn't know what you were doing. I actually think that's something that's missing in BFV. Weapons only get better with customizations, there's no balancing positive and negative traits, just guns that are 100% better than stock.

It's not about punishing players, it's about balancing weapons so they're not amazing at everything, like making a weapon with a longer range scope have worse hipfire etc.

Big difference? Ya no. Did they help? Sure. But the only big big change I ever truely noticed with ranking up weapons was going from terrible iron sights to optics that made it so I could actually see. Technically having to choose from different options in the tree has the same effect as having plus and negatives on the attachments from bf4. I can aim faster but i reload slower or vice versa. I can aim better while moving but my hip fire is worse or vice versa. I can move faster while aiming or i can have better accuracy while stationery, etc Not sure why you think this is all that different from bf4s system beyond actually applying them to the gun in the form of attachments. Maybe they cant get worse than the stock guns? Boo hoo
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »
    supported since the first title

thinks BF4 was better than BF2

ok

most of your post is about no attachments and customisation - that only really became a 'thing' (as in, lots of choice) in BF3 - not that long ago if you've 'supported since the first title'

Personally I think that BF4 was a more competent and well rounded game. The big plus of BF2 was Mod support. The best experiences I had in BF2 were all done via Mods like Forgotten Hope, Project Reality etc. If you take mods out of the picture, then BF4 was a better game.
  • SirBobdk
    3502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    @xXCA_RageXx

Yeah it didn't try to be a jack of all trades. It was focused.
    Agree. Those maps were designed for rush and it worked.
    Problem with BFV is that the same maps are used for every game type.
    CQ, Frontlines and GO/Breakthrough should have separate maps designed for the specific game type.
    But it will require more maps and DICE usually chooses the easy solution, why we get this mess.