'Wimpy' gun sounds

2»

Comments

• KingRofty
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    The sound in BF1 was way better than the sound in BF V. Hopefully Dice will try to get it right, but after the latest tweet wrt to RSP, I don't have high hopes.

Also, it doesn't really help to brag about expensive sound equipment (AV receiver/headphones) if the source is rubbish.
  • Head3masher
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mp28 is surely one of the worst.
  • Ploodovic
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    crixus82 wrote: »
    I know bf1 they physically recorded the guns fired. I think they did here too, but this game has suffered from sound issues

They sure did. Here’s the episode of Dev Talks, where they talk about the sound in BFV, and also show how some of the sounds were recorded.

• Mangrey
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    the smgs sounds like airsoft guns

do you know how the sounded RL ? if not ill show you,This is inside and this out side

So yes they sound like softguns
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    crixus82 wrote: »
    I know bf1 they physically recorded the guns fired. I think they did here too, but this game has suffered from sound issues

They sure did. Here’s the episode of Dev Talks, where they talk about the sound in BFV, and also show how some of the sounds were recorded.

Wild. I would of never of guessed they managed to record an actual V1 rocket engine. Gamers tend to make a lot of snide remarks about "lazy" devs but that is some real dedication.
  • SirTerrible
    1483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the guns sound pretty decent. Go back to something like BF3 and listen to the AK 74u, now that is "wimpy" lol.
  • bran1986
    5399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    I think the gun sounds are great, I mean there are only so many ways a blow back 9mm smg is going to sound like.
  • Head3masher
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the guns sound pretty decent. Go back to something like BF3 and listen to the AK 74u, now that is "wimpy" lol.

Yes some of them are quite good, but others are very flat and weak, which sounds very odd next to the good sounds.

For instance

Mp28
    Zk383
    Suomi
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes some of them are quite good, but others are very flat and weak, which sounds very odd next to the good sounds.

For instance

Mp28
    Zk383
    Suomi

To be fair, a Suomi probably would sound pretty weak next to a larger caliber rifle in reality.
  • Head3masher

For instance

Mp28
    Zk383
    Suomi

To be fair, a Suomi probably would sound pretty weak next to a larger caliber rifle in reality.

I don't disagree with you, but listen to the EMP in comparison it has a nice thump to it.
  • VincentNZ
    2114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mangrey wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    the smgs sounds like airsoft guns

do you know how the sounded RL ? if not ill show you,This is inside and this out side

So yes they sound like softguns

Pretty sure they are all using muffling devices on their microphones to make the gunshots quieter. Unless you are shooting .22 you need ear protection. Guns are generally pretty loud.
    On the topic at hand, apart from the guns being very hard to differentiate apart from the MG42 it is mostly the hit sound that is bothering because that is just a "thud" that masks everything else.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still better than CoD.
  • kreepypriest
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s amazing when my MG42 is wide open mowing people down and I can hear foot steps around me,thus alerting me to people creeping around..or idling in a Diesel engine tank and hearing clip clop clip clop beside me while I’m firing the tanks mg.. but I agree on your title the weapons firing are cartoony...I thought battlefront 2 had weeny pew pew sounds with the blasters.