FragShack - U.S. West Coast PS4 Server Running All 29 Conquest Maps

-Antares65z
1328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Just wanted to let those interested in playing something else other than the vanilla maps and weekly R2BFV rotations. I put this server up a few weeks ago. Please help seed the server if you're interested in it. It's called *FragShack* All Maps ~ Conquest | West Coast This is NOT a clan server, it is a Public server.

Comments

• ronybaloney
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FragShack was up and running for about 3 hours this afternoon. First match had as many as 23 players and then unfortunately dwindled down to 3 or 4 players by the 5th or 6th map. It was fun while it lasted!! Maybe more people will favorite this server so it will become more active.
  • -Antares65z
    1328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    FragShack was up and running for about 3 hours this afternoon. First match had as many as 23 players and then unfortunately dwindled down to 3 or 4 players by the 5th or 6th map. It was fun while it lasted!! Maybe more people will favorite this server so it will become more active.

Thanks Rony for donating your time today. I saw that it got going and was surprised the traffic didn't build. Most I saw was 26 on Sinai. Thank you to all of you who sat on that server today for an hour or two to get it going and stuck around hoping more would join. I think today proved one thing for sure. Probably at least 80% of the of the PS4 players use Quick Match. If more were actually looking at the server browser, I think the server would have filled up. Just looked at the browser a few minutes ago and counted 8 R2BFV servers now going on the west coast. LOL.
  • ronybaloney
    Sure thing. I'll keep looking for FragShack as long as it's still there. I think you are right about the 80% and that sucks.
    I must say it was oddly fun when it was down to like 5 on 5 on a large conquest map. I thought it would suck..... but it didn't
    lol.
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 13
    Sure thing. I'll keep looking for FragShack as long as it's still there. I think you are right about the 80% and that sucks.
    I must say it was oddly fun when it was down to like 5 on 5 on a large conquest map. I thought it would suck..... but it didn't
    lol.

Its a shame that BF1 didn't include a Conquest Small mode for 32 or 48 players. I think the game play and overall balance would be better with 48 players on most of these maps.
    The server has another 2-3 weeks left on the subscription. Considering where the game is at in it's life cycle, it will probably take some time before enough players realize its an option to play. PS4 RSP fees are less than PC, so if it gains any traction, I may renew it another month. One thing I noticed was that it did not kick me off the server for excessive idle time. Not sure why not. On the PC side, once the official round gets going, it will boot you in 5 minutes with no activity. Hmmmmm. Typically any VAR I change from official, it will flag the server as Custom and then it disappears from the regular browser.
  • Forkbeard84
    1447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh man I’m really sorry I missed this.Server getting seeded. I actually have two players in my house who could help too. Oh well, I’ll check it next time I’m on. I still think you could reach critical mass through lots of advertising (posting about it in multiple spots) but it would be a lot of work. Good job Antares for just getting it going.
  • Forkbeard84
    Well I've got my Son's account (Bigchief1988) parked in this server for an hour or so with no one else there. Still parked and hoping something gets going at some point. If it does I'll bring in my account (lupowolfen)
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 14
    Well I've got my Son's account (Bigchief1988) parked in this server for an hour or so with no one else there. Still parked and hoping something gets going at some point. If it does I'll bring in my account (lupowolfen)

Thanks for the help. You should probably go find something else to play until the afternoon. It's Monday morning PST and very hard to get servers going, usually until the afternoon. Mondays are usually slow.
  • Forkbeard84
    edited January 14

Thanks for the help. You should probably go find something else to play until the afternoon. It's Monday morning PST and very hard to get servers going, usually until the afternoon. Mondays are usually slow.

Sure. Well there's nine people in there now (edit make that 10 people) including bigchief and lupowolfen. I'm goin skating but will leave those two accounts parked there for now just in case it gets goin.
  • ronybaloney
    lol.

Its a shame that BF1 didn't include a Conquest Small mode for 32 or 48 players. I think the game play and overall balance would be better with 48 players on most of these maps.
    The server has another 2-3 weeks left on the subscription. Considering where the game is at in it's life cycle, it will probably take some time before enough players realize its an option to play. PS4 RSP fees are less than PC, so if it gains any traction, I may renew it another month. One thing I noticed was that it did not kick me off the server for excessive idle time. Not sure why not. On the PC side, once the official round gets going, it will boot you in 5 minutes with no activity. Hmmmmm. Typically any VAR I change from official, it will flag the server as Custom and then it disappears from the regular browser.

Yeah I noticed that too.I was surprised the server kept lugging along your lifeless corpse map after map! Lol.

Anyway just want to say thanks for all your efforts to not only bring us the opportunity to join your server but to continually seed it as well. I salute you and only wish at least 1% of the community was more like you.