FragShack - U.S. West Coast PS4 Server Running All 29 Conquest Maps

2»

Comments

• ronybaloney
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think you are right. I wish DICE would somehow get a little bit more creative in finding different ways to keep the various game modes relevant (and populated) so people don't get quite so bored and move on. I still think getting rid of quick match altogether would be a good place to start. :)
  • -Antares65z
    1610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I did the math right, I thought the server was supposed to turn off this morning at 8:30am PST. There are two people sitting on it right now that may be preventing it from turning off. I'm debating on giving it another month. Its not as expensive as PC, only $26 a month for console. PC is $43 because of the high tickrate servers. I haven't been as consistent lately sitting on the server. Perhaps I'll renew it another month. Imagine more players will grow bored with BF5 and some will come back to BF1.
  • -Antares65z
    1610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I renewed it for another month. Perhaps it just needs a bit more time. Looks like we got a round going on it this morning. Hopefully more see it going in their browser and will join. Thanks to those of you this morning who sat on the server for two hours.
  • ronybaloney
    I salute you Antares. You are an eternal optimist and I hope Fragshack keeps catching on. I noticed it was up to 40 favorites the other day. It only had 7 a few weeks ago. Now if we could only get those 40 on at the same time.......... :)
  • -Antares65z
    I salute you Antares. You are an eternal optimist and I hope Fragshack keeps catching on. I noticed it was up to 40 favorites the other day. It only had 7 a few weeks ago. Now if we could only get those 40 on at the same time.......... :)

Happy to report it finally got going today and it actually filled up with a few in que. So there is hope! Hopefully it will catch on with time. BTW, my GF would dispute your "optimist" view and tell you I'm negative. lol.
  • ronybaloney
    Awesome!! that's great news. I'll keep looking for it as always.
    Well, I guess your GF doesn't play BF that's for sure. ;)

• -Antares65z
    Great to see you guys get this server going last night. The problem is, you voted for the wrong map at the end of the round that ended up killing the server. When you have 35 people at the end of the round and knowing that you're going to lose at least 5-10 players, don't ever vote for a Conquest Assault map. In particular Heligoland. That has to be one of the worst maps in the game and if you don't have a full server, that map is HORRIBLE. Players will leave when they can't find targets. It ended up killing the server which was disappointing. If you don't have a full server when the round is ending, try and pick a map that's going to support the current limited number of players on the server.
  • Forkbeard84
    1553 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great to see you guys get this server going last night. The problem is, you voted for the wrong map at the end of the round that ended up killing the server. When you have 35 people at the end of the round and knowing that you're going to lose at least 5-10 players, don't ever vote for a Conquest Assault map. In particular Heligoland. That has to be one of the worst maps in the game and if you don't have a full server, that map is HORRIBLE. Players will leave when they can't find targets. It ended up killing the server which was disappointing. If you don't have a full server when the round is ending, try and pick a map that's going to support the current limited number of players on the server.

I happened to be playing in there while it was up and it was fun. I ended up leaving before it got killed though. Also I'm wondering why don't you take Heligoland out of the rotation? Is it because you want to have every map available? Still that map with its rep as a server killer might be a good one to nix.
  • -Antares65z

I happened to be playing in there while it was up and it was fun. I ended up leaving before it got killed though. Also I'm wondering why don't you take Heligoland out of the rotation? Is it because you want to have every map available? Still that map with its rep as a server killer might be a good one to nix.

I've seriously considered removing that map. I probably will and will put it back in if the server ever starts filling up and generating daily traffic, which to be honest I'm not holding my breath on. lol.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll favorite it and if I see people on it I’ll try and seed