Tank destroyer is useless thanks to noobs

stringy82
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 13
Every time i spawn the tank destroyer and park it in a area where I can shell an objective from a distance a noob shows up hops in the driver seat drives behind enemy lines, gets us surrounded, and drives in circles until we die. This is not they way this vehicle is intended to be used i believe. That vehicle cannon is useless when it’s being driven so I think the driver and the main gunner seat should be the same you can either drive or press a button (like how you switch weapons on a tank)to disable driving and use the cannon. Please patch this vehicle to work like this it should be a 2 seater one seat drives and fires cannon other seat controls the machine gun. Also Dice I have attached a video of me addressing the BFV community of my idea and their reaction...
Post edited by stringy82 on

Comments

• Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can’t say I understand the decision to make this the only vehicle where the driver doesn’t have control over the main armament. (Arguably the crocodile is too with the flame thrower not being driver controlled but at least they still have the turret to use)

It makes it so that either you have to risk someone taking you for a joyride or waste a teammate just sitting in the drivers seat so no one can.
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    lets see how many people will say that "unless you play with a squad of friends you play BF wrong"

another problem with this halftruck is that the cannon user can be sniped
  • SirBobdk
    3920 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    True. I have used it once. Some dude used it as a transport to a flag and bailed leaving me getting panzerfaust in 5 sec.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    True. I have used it once. Some dude used it as a transport to a flag and bailed leaving me getting panzerfaust in 5 sec.

Just 5 seconds ? Must have been night when you played......
  • SirBobdk
    3920 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Just 5 seconds ? Must have been night when you played......
    Hahahha
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i agree they are kinda useless right now due to this, love the warriors clip btw, a great classic film.
  • dcs500
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stringy82 wrote: »
    Every time i spawn the tank destroyer and park it in a area where I can shell an objective from a distance a noob shows up hops in the driver seat drives behind enemy lines, gets us surrounded, and drives in circles until we die. This is not they way this vehicle is intended to be used i believe. That vehicle cannon is useless when it’s being driven so I think the driver and the main gunner seat should be the same you can either drive or press a button (like how you switch weapons on a tank)to disable driving and use the cannon. Please patch this vehicle to work like this it should be a 2 seater one seat drives and fires cannon other seat controls the machine gun.

Agree, all vehicles should be owner/operator.
    I used to Rage in BF3 when I used a Humvee or armored jeep to cover an objective in Rush and some window licker would jump in it and drive it into a firefight to instant death.
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why wouldn't they make the other Tanks require a separate Player to operate the Main Turret, as well? They should just make it, so each of the Gunner's kills are shared with the Driver, like Infantry Online(Sony). I am sure lots of people would wait in the Drivers Seat for Gunners, if it was like that. I loved lining up shots for the Main Cannot Gunner in Infantry Online. That took true Teamwork, and coordination, esp with the Leviathan.
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Every time i spawn the tank destroyer and park it in a area where I can shell an objective from a distance a noob shows up hops in the driver seat drives behind enemy lines, gets us surrounded, and drives in circles until we die. This is not they way this vehicle is intended to be used i believe. That vehicle cannon is useless when it’s being driven so I think the driver and the main gunner seat should be the same you can either drive or press a button (like how you switch weapons on a tank)to disable driving and use the cannon. Please patch this vehicle to work like this it should be a 2 seater one seat drives and fires cannon other seat controls the machine gun.

Agree, all vehicles should be owner/operator.
    I used to Rage in BF3 when I used a Humvee or armored jeep to cover an objective in Rush and some window licker would jump in it and drive it into a firefight to instant death.

We have all been at this I think
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting, me and my platoon spawn these things and move forward laying waste while moving forward. We don't often believe in just sitting off in a distance often though. Once in awhile maybe
  • stringy82
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crixus82 wrote: »
    Interesting, me and my platoon spawn these things and move forward laying waste while moving forward. We don't often believe in just sitting off in a distance often though. Once in awhile maybe
    Keyword you said is your in a platoon, you have communication, the large majority of players are not on mics, try getting in one without your platoon and see what happens
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crixus82 wrote: »
    Keyword you said is your in a platoon, you have communication, the large majority of players are not on mics, try getting in one without your platoon and see what happens

Yeah I understand what you're saying but I won't sit in lobby till I find people whom I can tolerate playing with. I don't care it's they're not that good just that they have at least a clue how to play the game, meaning not a constant bull rush haha