Speechless....

«134
0SiGHT0
412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 14
Presented without comment:

Reduced the minimum damage of the Gewehr 43 and Selbstlader 1916 to 33.5 from
35.

Increased the damage for the Mk VI Revolver. Two-hit kill range is now 12 m
(previously 7 m), three-hit kill range is 30 m (previously 12 m), four-hit kill range is 50
m (previously 30 m). Minimum damage is now 22 instead of 15. Damage dropped too
steeply for the rate of fire and magazine capacity of this weapon.



WHO IS DESIGNING THESE CHANGES?????????



To be clear:


The Gewehr is the best gun in the game and this change does nothing to it

The revolver is the best pistol/is a shotgun and is now even more overpowered

Comments

  • naitch44
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Got to love the added recoil to the 1907 as well. Hardly anyone uses it as it is, at least not that I've come across, so why nerf it? I think they pull their data out of their **** tbh.

    Meanwhile other weapons that desperately need attention go untouched.....
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Got to love the added recoil to the 1907 as well. Hardly anyone uses it as it is, at least not that I've come across, so why nerf it? I think they pull their data out of their **** tbh.

    Meanwhile other weapons that desperately need attention go untouched.....

    So they reduce the damage of the most overpowered weapon in the game by 1.5, still making it a 3 shot kill....???????

    Then they increase the damage of the most overpowered and therefore only viable pistol, one that already needed a NERF?
  • TheSacar
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Got to love the added recoil to the 1907 as well. Hardly anyone uses it as it is, at least not that I've come across, so why nerf it? I think they pull their data out of their **** tbh.

    Meanwhile other weapons that desperately need attention go untouched.....

    So they reduce the damage of the most overpowered weapon in the game by 1.5, still making it a 3 shot kill....???????

    Then they increase the damage of the most overpowered and therefore only viable pistol, one that already needed a NERF?

    Wait? You are calling the Revolver Mk IV the only viable pistol AND claiming it needs a nerf? Or am I misunderstanding you?
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Got to love the added recoil to the 1907 as well. Hardly anyone uses it as it is, at least not that I've come across, so why nerf it? I think they pull their data out of their **** tbh.

    Meanwhile other weapons that desperately need attention go untouched.....

    So they reduce the damage of the most overpowered weapon in the game by 1.5, still making it a 3 shot kill....???????

    Then they increase the damage of the most overpowered and therefore only viable pistol, one that already needed a NERF?

    Wait? You are calling the Revolver Mk IV the only viable pistol AND claiming it needs a nerf? Or am I misunderstanding you?

    Yes, I am saying that the buff is a joke and that a one shot headshot or 2 shot body shot up close is also a joke. There is no reason to use another pistol before or after this patch if you can actually aim.
  • Jesus4000
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Presented without comment:

    Reduced the minimum damage of the Gewehr 43 and Selbstlader 1916 to 33.5 from
    35.
    This is a much needed change, since the assault semi-autos are incredibly overpowered right now, outdamaging all recon weapons (which should be the long range weapons).
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Increased the damage for the Mk VI Revolver. Two-hit kill range is now 12 m
    (previously 7 m), three-hit kill range is 30 m (previously 12 m), four-hit kill range is 50
    m (previously 30 m). Minimum damage is now 22 instead of 15. Damage dropped too
    steeply for the rate of fire and magazine capacity of this weapon.
    The damage drop-off of the revolver was insanely high, changing it was also much needed.
    However this change might be a bit over the top.

    naitch44 wrote: »
    Got to love the added recoil to the 1907 as well. Hardly anyone uses it as it is, at least not that I've come across, so why nerf it?
    It also got a buff:
    Removed the Extended Magazine Specialization for the M1907 SF and made the extended magazine equipped by default. Recoil Buffer has been added as a replacement. This weapon's Specializations will be reset and the means for unlocking them will be refunded. The M1907 SF was not useful enough without the extended magazine upgrade, making the hipfire upgrades a bad choice.
    I think the changes to the M1907 SF are good, as this gun was unbeatable.
    It was a mistery to me why so few people used it.

    People are whining over changes they haven't even tested themselves yet...
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Presented without comment:

    Reduced the minimum damage of the Gewehr 43 and Selbstlader 1916 to 33.5 from
    35.
    This is a much needed change, since the assault semi-autos are incredibly overpowered right now, outdamaging all recon weapons (which should be the long range weapons).
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Increased the damage for the Mk VI Revolver. Two-hit kill range is now 12 m
    (previously 7 m), three-hit kill range is 30 m (previously 12 m), four-hit kill range is 50
    m (previously 30 m). Minimum damage is now 22 instead of 15. Damage dropped too
    steeply for the rate of fire and magazine capacity of this weapon.
    The damage drop-off of the revolver was insanely high, changing it was also much needed.
    However this change might be a bit over the top.

    naitch44 wrote: »
    Got to love the added recoil to the 1907 as well. Hardly anyone uses it as it is, at least not that I've come across, so why nerf it?
    It also got a buff:
    Removed the Extended Magazine Specialization for the M1907 SF and made the extended magazine equipped by default. Recoil Buffer has been added as a replacement. This weapon's Specializations will be reset and the means for unlocking them will be refunded. The M1907 SF was not useful enough without the extended magazine upgrade, making the hipfire upgrades a bad choice.
    
    I think the changes to the M1907 SF are good, as this gun was unbeatable.
    It was a mistery to me why so few people used it.

    People are whining over changes they haven't even tested themselves yet...

    The Gewehr was not nerfed hard enough. As far as I know 33.5*3 is still over 100 damage which is still a 3 shot minimum damage kill. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, as there are no weapon data to go off of because DICE killed off it's entire community.

    Whining? No, I actually know how to balance a game because I'm competent at it.
  • Jesus4000
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    The Gewehr was not nerfed hard enough. As far as I know 33.5*3 is still over 100 damage which is still a 3 shot minimum damage kill. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, as there are no weapon data to go off of because DICE killed off it's entire community.
    33.5 * 3 is 100.5 while 35 * 3 is 105, while I agree that it is still a bit high, it's a step in the right direction and can make a significant difference.
    Would you care to elaborate how DICE "killed off it's entire community"?.
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Whining? No, I actually know how to balance a game because I'm competent at it.
    Then why don't you work for DICE, hm?
    Send a job application and see how that works out for you.

  • EvilGoat_51
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Got to love the added recoil to the 1907 as well. Hardly anyone uses it as it is, at least not that I've come across, so why nerf it? I think they pull their data out of their **** tbh.

    Meanwhile other weapons that desperately need attention go untouched.....

    They also made the extended mag default and replaced the extended mag specialization with a recoil reduction specialization. Maybe the Recoil Buffer will offset the recoil increase? I've come across the 1907, and the people who use it right can really tear up with it.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    The Gewehr was not nerfed hard enough. As far as I know 33.5*3 is still over 100 damage which is still a 3 shot minimum damage kill. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, as there are no weapon data to go off of because DICE killed off it's entire community.
    33.5 * 3 is 100.5 while 35 * 3 is 105, while I agree that it is still a bit high, it's a step in the right direction and can make a significant difference.
    Would you care to elaborate how DICE "killed off it's entire community"?.
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Whining? No, I actually know how to balance a game because I'm competent at it.
    Then why don't you work for DICE, hm?
    Send a job application and see how that works out for you.

    You can read how I elaborated a couple years ago at my blog in my signature http://relativepulse.blogspot.com

    DICE couldn't come close to paying me enough
  • Jesus4000
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    The Gewehr was not nerfed hard enough. As far as I know 33.5*3 is still over 100 damage which is still a 3 shot minimum damage kill. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, as there are no weapon data to go off of because DICE killed off it's entire community.
    33.5 * 3 is 100.5 while 35 * 3 is 105, while I agree that it is still a bit high, it's a step in the right direction and can make a significant difference.
    Would you care to elaborate how DICE "killed off it's entire community"?.
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Whining? No, I actually know how to balance a game because I'm competent at it.
    Then why don't you work for DICE, hm?
    Send a job application and see how that works out for you.

    You can read how I elaborated a couple years ago at my blog in my signature http://relativepulse.blogspot.com

    DICE couldn't come close to paying me enough

    Your blogpost is incredibly redundant as Battlefield is not an esports title.
    It's a game for filthy casuals to have fun and not a competetive esports environment.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    The Gewehr was not nerfed hard enough. As far as I know 33.5*3 is still over 100 damage which is still a 3 shot minimum damage kill. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, as there are no weapon data to go off of because DICE killed off it's entire community.
    33.5 * 3 is 100.5 while 35 * 3 is 105, while I agree that it is still a bit high, it's a step in the right direction and can make a significant difference.
    Would you care to elaborate how DICE "killed off it's entire community"?.
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Whining? No, I actually know how to balance a game because I'm competent at it.
    Then why don't you work for DICE, hm?
    Send a job application and see how that works out for you.

    You can read how I elaborated a couple years ago at my blog in my signature http://relativepulse.blogspot.com

    DICE couldn't come close to paying me enough

    Your blogpost is incredibly redundant as Battlefield is not an esports title.
    It's a game for filthy casuals to have fun and not a competetive esports environment.

    There's 2 posts, but I can assume what you're referring to. The point is how to get it to become one, which will enhance the player base and ultimately sales of the game. DICE has squandered any opportunity for that community to develop due to the elimination of basic features such as the game mode everyone played on and private servers themselves.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Patch is joke, 0 netcode fixes, just kill camera changes... Thats what more than month of work worth? Useless devs...
    But its ok, we get new skins soon
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Patch is joke, 0 netcode fixes, just kill camera changes... Thats what more than month of work worth? Useless devs...
    But its ok, we get new skins soon

    There is supposed to be another patch coming this month supposedly. Literally every update DICE has ever made in the past 5 years has only added additional problems to their games. Fix one thing, break two more.
  • Jesus4000
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Fix one thing, break two more.

    Welcome to the world of software development...
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Fix one thing, break two more.

    Welcome to the world of software development...

    And then you realize that this never used to happen to DICE's older games: Bad Company 2 and earlier.
  • EvilGoat_51
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    The Gewehr was not nerfed hard enough. As far as I know 33.5*3 is still over 100 damage which is still a 3 shot minimum damage kill. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, as there are no weapon data to go off of because DICE killed off it's entire community.
    33.5 * 3 is 100.5 while 35 * 3 is 105, while I agree that it is still a bit high, it's a step in the right direction and can make a significant difference.
    Would you care to elaborate how DICE "killed off it's entire community"?.
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Whining? No, I actually know how to balance a game because I'm competent at it.
    Then why don't you work for DICE, hm?
    Send a job application and see how that works out for you.

    You can read how I elaborated a couple years ago at my blog in my signature http://relativepulse.blogspot.com

    DICE couldn't come close to paying me enough

    Your blogpost is incredibly redundant as Battlefield is not an esports title.
    It's a game for filthy casuals to have fun and not a competetive esports environment.

    Filthy What? I'll have you know I'm the sweatiest of the sweaty try hard players.


    Agreed, Battlefield is just not an esports game. @OP, Your post don't discuss weapon balance, how does it provide any credibility here then? It's also two post from two years ago regarding BF as a competitive title, how does that prove you know so much about game balance? Further more, if you know so much that DICE couldn't pay you enough, why haven't you continued posting?
  • Jesus4000
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Fix one thing, break two more.

    Welcome to the world of software development...

    And then you realize that this never used to happen to DICE's older games: Bad Company 2 and earlier.

    Just this post alone shows me that you have zero credibility.
    No one software project is like the other, and it does not matter if you use the same engine or a new one.
    Any change, even the most miniscule one, can have serious unforseen consequences.
    This video is the perfect analogy for that.
  • wc138
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Fix one thing, break two more.

    Welcome to the world of software development...

    And then you realize that this never used to happen to DICE's older games: Bad Company 2 and earlier.

    It most certainly did. There were changes and patches to all those games that caused issues. It was just before the forums and twitter and all the banners flying where people complained about it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Fix one thing, break two more.

    Welcome to the world of software development...

    And then you realize that this never used to happen to DICE's older games: Bad Company 2 and earlier.

    It most certainly did. There were changes and patches to all those games that caused issues. It was just before the forums and twitter and all the banners flying where people complained about it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

    The amount of issues as well as ones that severely deteriorated the gameplay were exponentially less than the issues with the recent ones.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Fix one thing, break two more.

    Welcome to the world of software development...

    And then you realize that this never used to happen to DICE's older games: Bad Company 2 and earlier.

    Just this post alone shows me that you have zero credibility.
    No one software project is like the other, and it does not matter if you use the same engine or a new one.
    Any change, even the most miniscule one, can have serious unforseen consequences.
    This video is the perfect analogy for that.

    DICE has consistently done this since Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3.0), and it wasn't consistently this bad on every single title they launch. And that is why you test, something that DICE doesn't seem to ever do. If you actually played any of these games, you would realize that many bugs occur in the timespan of merely 1 hour or less of playing this game. How about the same people aren't working at DICE, and the newer people are not as talented? All developers aren't created equal, I would know I employ them.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!