Squad conquest - your community wants conquest small

0SiGHT0
412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 14
DICE,

No one wants squad conquest, no one asked for squad conquest. Everyone loves conquest small, nearly all forms of competitive play since Battlefield 2 involved conquest small, and yet you've just gone and removed it the last few titles as you continue to kill off what's left of your actual community. There are no private servers to play on, the game mode of choice for people who take this game even a little bit seriously is gone. What's left? Why keep bothering with this dying franchise?

From RivalxFactor, poll on what people prefer as game modes.... CHECK THE SAMPLE SIZE:

http://i.imgur.com/yh2JnO3.jpg
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

  • munkt0r
    3007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't the 16v16 conquest coming in Lightning Strikes basically what you're asking for - or am I missing something?
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Isn't the 16v16 conquest coming in Lightning Strikes basically what you're asking for - or am I missing something?

    No, it's 8v8 called "squad conquest" which apparently is some domination clone as you can't even spawn on the flags. I don't get why they are trying so hard to not give the community what it wants.
  • gibonez
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody wants squad conquest, nobody wants conquest small, nobody wants grand ops.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    Nobody wants squad conquest, nobody wants conquest small, nobody wants grand ops.

    Yes, they do want conquest small. In fact the majority wants it. No one wants any other of these horrid game modes except Conquest variants, because that's what Battlefield has been for a decade plus.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can't understand this new ridiculous "squad conquest" mode with only 16 players on sardine sized maps. Who the hell wanted that? 32 Player Conquest please.
  • SirTerrible
    1307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad Conquest and Conquest Small both sound interesting to me *shrugs*
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Yes CQ Small would be good, always enjoyed it before. Squad Conquest hmm, not fussed - don't think I'll play it.
  • Jesus4000
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    DICE,

    No one wants squad conquest, no one asked for squad conquest. Everyone loves conquest small, nearly all forms of competitive play since Battlefield 2 involved conquest small, and yet you've just gone and removed it the last few titles as you continue to kill off what's left of your actual community. There are no private servers to play on, the game mode of choice for people who take this game even a little bit seriously is gone. What's left? Why keep bothering with this dying franchise?

    From RivalxFactor, poll on what people prefer as game modes.... CHECK THE SAMPLE SIZE:

    http://i.imgur.com/yh2JnO3.jpg

    That poll is ridiculous as there is no "conquest small without vehicles".
    As for me and my friends: We're very much looking forward to playing squad conquest in 8v8, as this sounds like a better game mode than Domination for a full squad.
  • Ne0tax
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    omg, no, it splits the community. *Sarcasm on
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    the game mode of choice for people who take this game even a little bit seriously is gone.

    Every other mode in the franchise is for laid back casuals huh? Just lol, the statements people make sometimes..

  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    the game mode of choice for people who take this game even a little bit seriously is gone.

    Every other mode in the franchise is for laid back casuals huh? Just lol, the statements people make sometimes..

    I said game of choice, I didn't say only. Look at this poll by RivalxFactor, there are other options, but the majority says conquest small:
    http://i.imgur.com/yh2JnO3.jpg
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    DICE,

    No one wants squad conquest, no one asked for squad conquest. Everyone loves conquest small, nearly all forms of competitive play since Battlefield 2 involved conquest small, and yet you've just gone and removed it the last few titles as you continue to kill off what's left of your actual community. There are no private servers to play on, the game mode of choice for people who take this game even a little bit seriously is gone. What's left? Why keep bothering with this dying franchise?

    From RivalxFactor, poll on what people prefer as game modes.... CHECK THE SAMPLE SIZE:

    http://i.imgur.com/yh2JnO3.jpg

    That poll is ridiculous as there is no "conquest small without vehicles".
    As for me and my friends: We're very much looking forward to playing squad conquest in 8v8, as this sounds like a better game mode than Domination for a full squad.

    Conquest small without vehicles was never an option on the franchise until they just introduced this new squad conquest. The only way you got no vehicles was if you banned them on the map (stupid) or played a map without them.
  • munkt0r
    3007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Isn't the 16v16 conquest coming in Lightning Strikes basically what you're asking for - or am I missing something?

    No, it's 8v8 called "squad conquest" which apparently is some domination clone as you can't even spawn on the flags. I don't get why they are trying so hard to not give the community what it wants.

    Ahh, I must've misread it as 16v16 and it's 16 total. Thanks for correcting.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    8 vs 8 is stupid. I understand that there will be limited-time gamemodes but 8 vs 8 squad conquest? Surely Conquest Small or Gun Master or Chain link etc ... would be better.

    Also, instead of wasting resources on new gamemodes why not fix Grand Operations. The mode is garbage compared to Operations. Not only the structure of it but sectors within the gamemode need work.

    I remember with Operations they spent alot of time soliciting feedback from us about the sectors and making the necessary fixes. Not with Grand Operations, it seems they've dumped a finished unfinished product on us for many of us to never play again. I haven't touched GO since November.
  • Faylum
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE just erase the old stuck up infantry based community that want squad related things and copy and paste operations from BF1 into the game, i dont even care if it is literally BF1, just with this games gun play. Doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be operations.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    8 vs 8 is stupid. I understand that there will be limited-time gamemodes but 8 vs 8 squad conquest? Surely Conquest Small or Gun Master or Chain link etc ... would be better.

    Also, instead of wasting resources on new gamemodes why not fix Grand Operations. The mode is garbage compared to Operations. Not only the structure of it but sectors within the gamemode need work.

    I remember with Operations they spent alot of time soliciting feedback from us about the sectors and making the necessary fixes. Not with Grand Operations, it seems they've dumped a finished unfinished product on us for many of us to never play again. I haven't touched GO since November.

    Of course conquest small, the tried and true option that people enjoy, would be too much for them to put in their latest installment. All of their alternative game modes suck, I remember when Rush was introduced to the franchise everyone enjoyed it. Now it's like everything they add is a poorly designed, unfinished joke.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Conquest small was my favourite mode back in the day. Wish they would bring it back.
    Framerate would be way more stable on console if we had 32 v 32 CS. This is why I mostly play Frontlines small cuz it runs much more stable and smoother for console players.
  • y_j_es_i
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Practically everyone here seems to be making assumptions that every game mode other than their favourite(s) are deadzones.
    Personally I mostly play frobtlines and Dom and the former pretty much always has at least 8 full servers

    Dice in future could you please add game modes without removing popular older ones please
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!