Does anyone else find the way the new content system works, confusing?!

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Maybe i'm just stupid but the way it's all being released, I can't understand half of what it is. I understood how the assignments worked in the last one but then there was some progress tree which you accessed by pressing the touchpad on Ps4 and I wasn't sure what that was all about. All just seems a bit cluttered and the way it's all set into categories, i'm struggling to understand what half of it means, or what it;'s about. Is 'Tides of War' just the name for everything, then the rest sub categories for new weapon assignments, new single player missions, etc? Maybe it's self explanatory but I haven't got a clue what most of it is.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Makes sense to me.

ToW is the overarching name for the combined updates, which include new themes.

Each month, there is a new theme; the most recent being Chaler 2: Lightening Strikes.

Within the new theme are new assignments, new games modes, new weapons, new maps (when released), etc.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Makes sense to me.

Each month, there is a new theme; the most recent being Chaler 2: Lightening Strikes.

Within the new theme are new assignments, new games modes, new weapons, new maps (when released), etc.
    We ain't receiving enough new maps though.
  • G-Gnu
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Danz_RS wrote: »
    Makes sense to me.

We “ain’t” going to either. Thank the Cryhards Against Premium (“ChAP”) crowd for that.

Yeah, you reap what you sow.
    I did not have any problem with the Premium or payed DLC , but now we are stuck in the back seat and have to follow the flow (if there even going to be any flow at all after all debacle).
  • TEKNOCODE
    11538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Makes sense to me.

We “ain’t” going to either. Thank the Cryhards Against Premium (“ChAP”) crowd for that.

I did not have any problem with the Premium or payed DLC , but now we are stuck in the back seat and have to follow the flow (if there even going to be any flow at all after all debacle).

Yip. I/We tried to tell the ChAP crowd that map releases would be similar to R6S if dice went to free dlc. Here. We. Are.
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Con...tent.... hmmm....con..tent... So either its a system that makes you feel in a state of peaceful happiness. Or its a lie under a tent?
    So does BFV Content make you feel peaceful and happy?
  • Noodlesocks
    3438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe i'm just stupid but the way it's all being released, I can't understand half of what it is. I understood how the assignments worked in the last one but then there was some progress tree which you accessed by pressing the touchpad on Ps4 and I wasn't sure what that was all about. All just seems a bit cluttered and the way it's all set into categories, i'm struggling to understand what half of it means, or what it;'s about. Is 'Tides of War' just the name for everything, then the rest sub categories for new weapon assignments, new single player missions, etc? Maybe it's self explanatory but I haven't got a clue what most of it is.

The progression and customisation UI is unnecessarily convoluted, yes. Like a first year college student's B+ grade graphic design exam.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Makes sense to me.

Even with premium you was never in the driver seat and had to pretty much wait for the dlc to drop and then you had to hope you liked what came with the dlc drop. And then after it dropped you wouldnt usually get to play the new dlc as much as the base game because not everyone wants to pay. You will always follow the flow no matter if it is premium or not.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think free content for everybody is always better in general because it means that everyone can play on the same maps and later on in the games lifespan you can actually find games on post-launch maps, but you obviously need a reliable post-launch income system which I think they will have to an extent when Battlefield Currency is available to buy.
    Personally I don't find the system particularly difficult to understand, although it is a little complicated.
  • JadedJunglist
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Makes sense to me.

Even with premium you was never in the driver seat and had to pretty much wait for the dlc to drop and then you had to hope you liked what came with the dlc drop. And then after it dropped you wouldnt usually get to play the new dlc as much as the base game because not everyone wants to pay. You will always follow the flow no matter if it is premium or not.

with premium you had a promise of new content. with out premium you can only hope they give something. from how they handled SWBF2 i wouldn't get my hopes up personally
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Makes sense to me.

with premium you had a promise of new content. with out premium you can only hope they give something. from how they handled SWBF2 i wouldn't get my hopes up personally

I was afraid this would happen. I read somewhere SWBF2 was a different scenario since Dice or EA didn't own the IP, so they had restrictions on the content, hence the delays, however, Battlefield would be a different experience since it was their IP. I wonder how much of it is true, or if it's just PR talk. I think Battlefront 1 had a healthy dosage of content through the season pass despite how hollow the base game was.

My issue with premium is having to pay $50, and subjectively speaking, only enjoying a handful of the new maps.

I never bought premium at launch, so by the time I jumped on it, servers featuring the first couple expansions would be empty since most have moved on to the newer maps. Happened to me with BF1 and BF4.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium was worth it imo. Same cost as a night out, you got plenty of nights in with new maps and weapons to play with. I never complained about it cos unlike Deluxe edition, you got your moneys worth. Only time will tell how this game will pan out with the scrapped pass, but I have a feeling we'll be made to pay for the lack of pass in a way that content will be slow and minimal like SWBF2. I just hope they step up the cosmetics cos i'm a fan of personalisation, but nothing looks that great in this apart from gold (I know a lot of people don't like gold either). I just don't like that everything looks scruffy and distressed. Soldiers look after their gear so why do all the skins look like they've been dug out from under a toilet haha. Like I say, time will tell. Apparently we're only getting 3 new guns on Thursday so I reckon it probably will be drip fed. I just hope they don't do what they did in BF1 where it was 1 map for weeks, like Nivelle nights. It kills the map when they do this cos you get bored of it after a day. When they give them you in blocks of 4 - 5 it keeps me happy for a good while.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't help that it doesn't work, I'm not surprised its confusing.