Release Material Modifiers (plz)

rainkloud
548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
99% of you will have no idea what these are. 98% of you will not care after having explained them to you. But for you 2% here you go:

Material modifiers are the weapon modifiers that say "tiger 88mm will do 1.1x damage vs a Churchill and 1.6x damage vs a Staghound." Pretty simply right? Right. Well you may be familiar with Symthic.com and all the weapons stats they have there. The handheld weapon stats can be easily retrieved from the game files and the same is true for the vehicle weapon stats too. However vehicle weapons have an extra layer of complexity - The Material Modifiers. These AREN'T visible in the game files. Since the developers haven't divulged these we can't provide detailed vehicle weapon stat info and the community stays in the dark leading to speculation and hyperbole that doesn't help anyone. Since the material modifiers are just that modifiers, they aren't some super secret code that can't be divulged. The devs have been mum on this thus far but I think it would be a really low cost/high return move in terms of community goodwill to release those so we can get a better picture of vehicle weapon stats.

Some of you may be familiar with the stats I've compiled here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7wkyXjO1XzYwqbkRb56J0UfAHUdS8GF-XHJRbzopsk/edit?usp=sharing

My goal is to flesh out everything so you know exactly how much damage each shell does to each vehicle but I can't do that without those modifiers and to get them I need your help. There's no ulterior motive here (not trying to make money off a spreadsheet lol) just trying to fill a big gap in the community. If you can help keep this discussion in the forefront by chiming in your support from time to time = much appreciated. If you can tweet the devs at @JaqubAjmal and @tiggr_ even more appreciated. If you have compromising material of the devs I can use as blackmail material - I'll take it....er I mean that's going too far, but thanks!

Comments

• WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The easiest way to do this is prob just through experimentation in game. Given that hits to the turret do max damage regardless of angle, and you know the multiplier for it, as well as the damage output of the cannon you’re using, you should be able to calculate the material modifier?
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but you have to factor in all the possible combinations not to mention you have to fire at perfect angles otherwise angle mods kick in. Believe me, as someone who did it in bf4 it's hard enough to do on an empty server to say nothing of trying to track it during a live game. Just not feasible. Best hope is for modifiers or a complete practice range.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Yeah but you have to factor in all the possible combinations not to mention you have to fire at perfect angles otherwise angle mods kick in. Believe me, as someone who did it in bf4 it's hard enough to do on an empty server to say nothing of trying to track it during a live game. Just not feasible. Best hope is for modifiers or a complete practice range.

Yeah but you don’t have to factor that in to the turret because it does max damage at any angle, that’s why I suggested it, removes the other variables.
  • rainkloud

Yeah but you don’t have to factor that in to the turret because it does max damage at any angle, that’s why I suggested it, removes the other variables.

Ah, I confess I skimmed past the part you said about turrets this morning. That is a good point. Nevertheless, it is still a daunting task to do while in game. It's not like you can summon the proper enemy at will. Hell, you can't even find a vehicle open on many servers without an extended wait. Not too mention it's hard to verify. With a proper practice range you could very easily compile and fact check.

• WinterWarhurst

Ah, I confess I skimmed past the part you said about turrets this morning. That is a good point. Nevertheless, it is still a daunting task to do while in game. It's not like you can summon the proper enemy at will. Hell, you can't even find a vehicle open on many servers without an extended wait. Not too mention it's hard to verify. With a proper practice range you could very easily compile and fact check.

Yeah it would be a pain in the ****, I have a button so I can record past 3 mins, I always aim for the turret to disable anyway, I might just record every combination at least once as I play and I’ll have the data eventually haha