Why is the chat log still not on screen?

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2019
This had been months now and it's still not there? I want to know it's being seen when I ask for an order and vice versa.

Comments

• zenn_nme
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You have to enable it manually;
    Options > Gameplay > Basic > Chat log choose: 'hide', 'show' or 'when active'.
    It's been like this since the launch... ;)
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    zenn_nme wrote: »

That doesnt do anything when it isnt working at all on PS4.
  • dcs500
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Known bug, maybe patched next year with all the other bugs. In the meantime, have fun riding a tractor, that’s going to keep me playing.
  • BiscuitFrenzy
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was wondering this, I'd checked that it was manually enabled and toggled it on and off.

I care because I make a point of saying Thanks when someone revives me, even if it gets me killed when I'm fiddling with the speech wheel, which is stupid, but I started doing it and now it feels wrong not to.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »

I have it on when active and it's still not worked for ages
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    edited January 2019
    I was wondering this, I'd checked that it was manually enabled and toggled it on and off.

I care because I make a point of saying Thanks when someone revives me, even if it gets me killed when I'm fiddling with the speech wheel, which is stupid, but I started doing it and now it feels wrong not to.

Yeah, I noticed it was still not on my screen so I went into the setting and switched it off and on again, and tried to have it on permanent but still, nothing.

Also that's my biggest gripe. Risking my life to say 'thanks' only for it not to show up. Now, since the new deathcam, I can't even do the thumbs up on the comma rose anymore either.