Fps drops in jan 15 patch

Comments

• DivineRaiden
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I already had bad and unstable performance but this patch made things even worse.Way more frame drops even when nothing is actually happening.I ran Battlefield 1 on ultra with solid 60 FPS under any circumstance in Conquest mode.I5-6600 Gtx 1060 6 GB 16 GB ram at 2133 mhz....And before someone says I'm below recommended settings,yeah I know but Battlefield 1 ran smooth as butter on the same system.
  • jaifro
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    8700k @ 5ghz
    and a 1080 FTW

I've always played low settings on DX12 no FFR. Had 140-180 constant FPS since launch day. As of today get drops to 100 fps and lots of stuttering. On new nVidia drivers also.
  • rockin_master
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Udonitron wrote: »
    Staazvaind wrote: »
    didnt they edit the view-distance for foliage ?
    i m pretty sure if you now have foliage showing on fields far away and the fact that many maps
    make use of named fields, that this will be very likely the reason for the fps-loss.

What is terrible about that (if true) is it is now like PUBG where people can turn down their settings for view distance and expose players using foliage etc for cover/stealth.
    That is utterly cheap IMO and ruins the experience and immersion of the game.

They edited the density of some fields so low spec PC users didn't gain an advantage

That's flat out untrue. Undergrowth and world meshes act the exact same way as pre-patch. If you're on anything other than low you are at a big disadvantage. Maybe that's why you wish to misinform people.

EA/DICE hasn't even acknowledged this problem -because they aren't going to do anything about it. They can't.
  • jaifro
    i m pretty sure if you now have foliage showing on fields far away and the fact that many maps
    make use of named fields, that this will be very likely the reason for the fps-loss.

What is terrible about that (if true) is it is now like PUBG where people can turn down their settings for view distance and expose players using foliage etc for cover/stealth.

They edited the density of some fields so low spec PC users didn't gain an advantage

That's flat out untrue. Undergrowth and world meshes act the exact same way as pre-patch. If you're on anything other than low you are at a big disadvantage. Maybe that's why you wish to misinform people.

EA/DICE hasn't even acknowledged this problem -because they aren't going to do anything about it. They can't.

From patch notes:

PC Specific Improvements
    Increased the density of the fields on Arras when playing on lower settings, to not give a visual advantage to those playing on low-spec PCs.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Corrupt_be wrote: »
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    I no longer cap frames I let her eat as the only reason I capped frames was to lower cpu usage but it honestly didn’t help much.

That will never help your minimal fps, it will help temps though. Ever ran Quake 3 at 1500 fps and checked temps?

May not help minimal frames but I have never seen it drop below 144fps . It also keeps my gpu usage higher and that seems to help with the high cpu usage and stutter.

• rockin_master
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jaifro wrote: »

From patch notes:

PC Specific Improvements
    Increased the density of the fields on Arras when playing on lower settings, to not give a visual advantage to those playing on low-spec PCs.

I don't care what the patch notes say, most the patch notes are a big lie.

I've actually played the game. I've actually seen it's the same. You post EA patch notes like it proof? Seriously?

Pathetic.
  • jaifro

I don't care what the patch notes say, most the patch notes are a big lie.

I've actually played the game. I've actually seen it's the same. You post EA patch notes like it proof? Seriously?

Pathetic.

I too have played. I play on low settings and noticed the change.
  • everGreeeen
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I haven’t had any FPS issues in this patch I averaged 176 FPS in 1440p with all ultra except post processing set to low. This was on Rotterdam it was the only map I played since today’s patch.

[email protected] 2080ti and 32gb 4000mhz ram
    Dx12 no ffr

Definitely not saying there isn’t a problem I just haven’t had it yet but I have definitely had my fair share of stutters and high cpu usage but as of today and this patch no stutter yet.

On the new Nvidia driver? have not tried with that one yet...

Yes new Nvidia driver

still problems for me also with new driver, capping at 110 fps, gpu not on full load (about 70%) and not as hot as usual.... (below 39°C). Before patch i was ususally at the 144fps limit, having my gpu at full load always at 43°C..... same behaviour for me in the main menu btw, no 144fps there anymore too as it used to be.

edit: entertaining side note: friends msi 2080 ti x-trio just started to do these blue smiley artefacts in main menu and died, what a coincidence right?

I no longer cap frames I let her eat as the only reason I capped frames was to lower cpu usage but it honestly didn’t help much. The thing I noticed with a 2080ti is you lower settings it seems to make the frames worse to a certain point. I would unlock frames and see what happens and turn it up to ultra settings to see if your usage and FPS come back

My gpu runs 40 to 42 under water. I have yet to hear of a 2080ti under water fail I thinks it’s something to do with heat on the memory and without water cooling they get to hot but that’s my opinion. I sure hope mine don’t fail now lol I have had it since October and it’s a evga ultra xc

On how many MHz is your card capping out at btw? Must be allot when you are not affected by this patch xD Your GPU is running at 100% usage?
    Raising the cap to 200 did not change anything as expected: 110 frames, feels like its capped exactly to that value somehow. I am on all ultra btw as pre patch too. I hope your right with your theory about the gpu fails! Seems serious still if the only person i know in person owning a 2080 ti is experiencing this failure already....bad luck? Who knows media is suddenly very silent about this topic...
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I haven’t had any FPS issues in this patch I averaged 176 FPS in 1440p with all ultra except post processing set to low. This was on Rotterdam it was the only map I played since today’s patch.

[email protected] 2080ti and 32gb 4000mhz ram
    Dx12 no ffr

Definitely not saying there isn’t a problem I just haven’t had it yet but I have definitely had my fair share of stutters and high cpu usage but as of today and this patch no stutter yet.

On the new Nvidia driver? have not tried with that one yet...

Yes new Nvidia driver

still problems for me also with new driver, capping at 110 fps, gpu not on full load (about 70%) and not as hot as usual.... (below 39°C). Before patch i was ususally at the 144fps limit, having my gpu at full load always at 43°C..... same behaviour for me in the main menu btw, no 144fps there anymore too as it used to be.

edit: entertaining side note: friends msi 2080 ti x-trio just started to do these blue smiley artefacts in main menu and died, what a coincidence right?

I no longer cap frames I let her eat as the only reason I capped frames was to lower cpu usage but it honestly didn’t help much. The thing I noticed with a 2080ti is you lower settings it seems to make the frames worse to a certain point. I would unlock frames and see what happens and turn it up to ultra settings to see if your usage and FPS come back

My gpu runs 40 to 42 under water. I have yet to hear of a 2080ti under water fail I thinks it’s something to do with heat on the memory and without water cooling they get to hot but that’s my opinion. I sure hope mine don’t fail now lol I have had it since October and it’s a evga ultra xc

On how many MHz is your card capping out at btw? Must be allot when you are not affected by this patch xD Your GPU is running at 100% usage?
    Raising the cap to 200 did not change anything as expected: 110 frames, feels like its capped exactly to that value somehow. I am on all ultra btw as pre patch too. I hope your right with your theory about the gpu fails! Seems serious still if the only person i know in person owning a 2080 ti is experiencing this failure already....bad luck? Who knows media is suddenly very silent about this topic...

I run mine in game at 2100mhz and +950 memory. In bench marks I run it at 2115mhz and +1250 memory.

I have number 2 system in the world in firestrike extreme and ultra for 1 2080ti and a 8086k

Usage is 97% to 80% I would say average is 90%
  • Udonitron
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    What boggles me is all the current issues with BF5 is what plagued BF4.
    It's like they all have short term memories and forget they previously implemented the kill cam, spawn invulnerability, blurred vision when being hit so you couldn't continue to aim and snipe, fixed prone issues, corrected ammo crates sinking into the ground, etc.
    Why do we have to go through these lame growing pains AGAIN!?
  • STOPchris
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This always happens with DICE, they update their game and break performance that was pretty good. Just in time for that special RTX promotion!!!!
  • mendez84
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just went to the game to play a map at it seems that I have the same performance average as I had before today's update , I updated the new Nvidia drivers and the game update and it seems to run normal if not more smoother at least for this map not sure after a few hours playing if that will change or not ...to early to say it
    btw I game at 4k with my Asus Rog RTX2080 strix OC , on a I7 8700k @5ghz with 16gb ram 3000mhz with a 970 EVO NVMe SSD

[img][/img]Untitledasdad.png

• ShltPlaYer
    mendez84 wrote: »
    I just went to the game to play a map at it seems that I have the same performance average as I had before today's update , I updated the new Nvidia drivers and the game update and it seems to run normal if not more smoother at least for this map not sure after a few hours playing if that will change or not ...to early to say it
    btw I game at 4k with my Asus Rog RTX2080 strix OC , on a I7 8700k @5ghz with 16gb ram 3000mhz with a 970 EVO NVMe SSD

[img][/img]Untitledasdad.png

I agree I played Narvik a littler bit ago and was previously averaging about 156 FPS on that map and this game I averaged 167 also played the field map strats with A and averaged 189 lol

• EliteLima
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm noticing difference on my RIG too, lots more stturing
  • STOPchris
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You guys with stuttering should set a task with emptystandbylist to clear standby memory every 5 mins. It clears up stuttering. The stuttering is mainly Windows, not the game.
  • ShltPlaYer
    Let’s face it this game performs so different for everyone I mean there’s people like myself with really high end systems that have stutter and high cpu usage and then there people with barley minimum spec that have no stutter and normal cpu usage. The game is a cluster F**k IMO and I have honestly quit worrying about it my computer runs every benchmark and stress test flawlessly. I wouldn’t worry about this game folks it will be dead and gone in 6 months. I know everyone wants a smooth experience but I just don’t think it’s possible to have most of the time. I am honestly thinking all these issues could be server side related I play earlier today and had no stutter whatsoever and played a few hours ago and had it 2 to 4 times a match seems like the more people that are playing the worse the performance is.
  • AngryVyper
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can confirm FPS drops since patch too.
    FPS sometimes drop below 50 FPS, average FPS reduced by 15 to 20 at least.
    Rotterdam is unplayable again, like it was with my old GPU.

In the Update notes it says:

"PC Specific Improvements
    • Increased the density of the fields on Arras when playing on lower settings, to not
    give a visual advantage to those playing on low-spec PCs."

But from what is saw the last matches, it looks like the increased it an all maps.
    As far as I remember Panzersturm had way less detailed vegetation on LOW settings. Every map I played on since the patch looked a lot better then I remembered from the day before. Just Aerodrome seemed to be unaffected but there is not much graphics on the ground to be increased.

I bet they wanted to increase it just for Arras but made the LOW settings be at least medium settings on all maps.
  • ShltPlaYer
    Well I can definitely agree that their looks to be way more vegetation on every map even though I haven’t seen any FPS issues on my end.
  • CamperMG42King
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    8700k 5ghz, rog strix 2080, 2k 144hz, 2x8 gb 3200 ram, dual-channel
    gpu usage 97-98-99%, cpu usage 55>90%
    All settings ultra, ffr on, vysnc off, frame limit 200
    Getting 100-160 fps (was getting 80-120 with my zotac 1080 amp ext. edit with the same settings) depending on the mode and map.

But the DXR needs to be imrpoved, when I enable it (set to ultra), my fps goes down to 55-80 which is not smooth to play with these settings.
    Post edited by CamperMG42King on
  • mendez84
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    8700k 5ghz, rog strix 2080, 2k 144hz, 2x8 gb 3200 ram,
    gpu usage 97-98-99%, cpu usage 55>90%
    All settings ultra, ffr on, vysnc off, frame limit 200
    Getting 100-160 fps (was getting 80-120 with my zotac 1080 amp ext. edit with the same settings) depending on the mode and map.

But the DXR needs to be imrpoved, when I enable it (set to ultra), my fps goes down to 55-80 which is not smooth to play with these settings.

I have the same gpu card Asus rog strix rtx2080 oc , did you overclock it using msi afterburner ? I did on mine and got better fps with that , I play at 4k resolution with all settings Ultra but if I turn on the DXR then it comes down to 30-50 fps depending the map and if there is explosions near me or not
    actually I have the same Cpu and same Oc @5ghz as you except my ram is 2x8gb 3000mhz