Fps drops in jan 15 patch

Comments

• mendez84
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    mendez84 wrote: »
    I just went to the game to play a map at it seems that I have the same performance average as I had before today's update , I updated the new Nvidia drivers and the game update and it seems to run normal if not more smoother at least for this map not sure after a few hours playing if that will change or not ...to early to say it
    btw I game at 4k with my Asus Rog RTX2080 strix OC , on a I7 8700k @5ghz with 16gb ram 3000mhz with a 970 EVO NVMe SSD

[img][/img]Untitledasdad.png

I agree I played Narvik a littler bit ago and was previously averaging about 156 FPS on that map and this game I averaged 167 also played the field map strats with A and averaged 189 lol

maybe who have the rtx cards are getting gains and other older gpu's are getting drops on fps and other issues , dunno lol
  • Nitrouxs
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi

I have the same Problem with a FPS drop since the Patch.

GTX 1080 @ high Settings before Patch 120-140 , after 100-120.. GPU runs only at 70-90% ..
    Turn back to 417.35 didnt help.

Damn..
  • HeadwarP
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    You folks need to take into consideration that the resolution you play at has a big effect on performance. And I'm sorry.. prior to this patch I was getting much higher fps/buttter smooth gameplay at 3440x1440 than I am with today's patch. That's not windows. that's Dice going full **** with this update.

If you're running at 1080P or 2560x1440 I'm not surprised you're still achieving 144fps, as you were likely already exceeding the 200fps cap if not using v-sync before the patch even using a gpu way less powerful than my 2080Ti.

My FPS is like half what it was before the most recent update, and no amount of settings changes seems to make a difference. This isn't a windows thing. It's a patch that should've never made it to release.

I'm talking prior to this update, my fps NEVER dipped below my 100hz refresh rate. With mostly ultra settings. Today that's just untrue. The only two changes to my system, are the BFV update, and the latest nvidia drivers. The fact that any other game run on my system behaves exactly as it did with 417.35 kind of rules out a driver issue. Leaving only the BFV patch as the cause of a decrease in performance in BFV.
    Post edited by HeadwarP on
  • Dolchen
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can report the same, drastic drop in FPS over the last days, thought something happend with my PC.
  • norfolkbitter
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ryzen 5 1400 8gb of 2133mhz ram and a gtx 960 2gb now its not perfect but for all my other games its fine it seems the huge frame drops have reduced but now its random crashes no other game does it just battlefield 5 ive re installed windows clean install of drivers its not me they broke the game again
  • ThorTugah
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not for me 200 solid FPS 1080ti last drivers Hight and ultra mix
  • CamperMG42King
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mendez84 wrote: »
    8700k 5ghz, rog strix 2080, 2k 144hz, 2x8 gb 3200 ram,
    gpu usage 97-98-99%, cpu usage 55>90%
    All settings ultra, ffr on, vysnc off, frame limit 200
    Getting 100-160 fps (was getting 80-120 with my zotac 1080 amp ext. edit with the same settings) depending on the mode and map.

But the DXR needs to be imrpoved, when I enable it (set to ultra), my fps goes down to 55-80 which is not smooth to play with these settings.

I have the same gpu card Asus rog strix rtx2080 oc , did you overclock it using msi afterburner ? I did on mine and got better fps with that , I play at 4k resolution with all settings Ultra but if I turn on the DXR then it comes down to 30-50 fps depending the map and if there is explosions near me or not
    actually I have the same Cpu and same Oc @5ghz as you except my ram is 2x8gb 3000mhz

I oc it using Asus Tweak II to 2025 or so.
    I use afterburner to only see the usage rates and FPS
  • TheHNK
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do feel the drops just lowered my settings but not that good. In December I started to use DX12 cause it was better in performance than DX11 (no kidding), but right now with both I have drops.

Config:
    i5 7600k @ 4.5Ghz
    2x8 GB Ram - Dual Channel
    GTX 1070 - No overclock

Sometimes raising the resolution scale to 125%, gives power for the GPU usage and I would recommend to use ProcessHacker and clear standby memory at the begining of a round. Helps a lot.

BTW: New killcam is just an alpha thing, I can not beleive DICE thought that would work well. It reminds me for an early alpha gameplay where the reviving had the same kind of issues, it is right now not really smooth. Hope they will fix it in late January.
  • Iron_Dorosh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to add that after updating BF5 last night I also suffered a major performance impact.

Config:
    i7 9700k @ 5.1GHz
    16 GB RAM @ 3200 MHz
    Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC @ 2000 MHz

Running the game @ 1440p, ultra settings with Ray-tracing @ medium I would get the odd FPS drop bellow 60 FPS on more demanding maps when I had an explosion beside me or a plane crashed etc., but this was rare and I averaged above 60 FPS.
    Since the Jan 15 patch the game became unplayable on Rotterdam or Devastation with plenty of frame freezes, not just FPS drops. The game often shudders and I even loose sound for a second or two while the game is catching up (using HDMI sound through vid card).
  • HeadwarP
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    I did stumble across something different - seems the nvidia driver update messed up my fan curves. They were running at one set speed and the only way to fix that was to reset them to default and reconfigure them again. This eliminated the hitching i described in a previous post. Still, even after having sorted that out.

with the current version of BFV I'm seeing random drops in framerate that I was not getting prior to this update, that again do not seem to effected by changing settings in game. lowering mesh quality increased the random spikes from 50fps to like 70 fps.. but that's still a huge drop from where I was 2 days ago, where I never dropped below 100fps, and probably would have exceeded that number if I were to disable v-sync. The fps drops seem random and brief.

I was HOPEFUL that fixing my fan curves would take me back to the performance I was happy with prior to the BFV update, but not the case. Still - if you were running custom fan curves prior to the latest nvidia driver release, you should check them.

Post edited by HeadwarP on
  • RubberduckyAuA
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, performance went down...
    Specs: 6700k i7 @4.4, RTX 2070, Dual Channel 16gb ddr4 ram, 500GB ssd. latest nvidia driver
  • PvtPart5
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Damn this doesnt look good.

I run an i7 1080ti 16 gigs ram and havent had a chance to try new update but now im scared to.

Was getting 130 to 180 in 1440 and nothing will **** me off more if I see frames lower.. I get OCD about that.

Maybe dice can chime in in if theres enough noise.

I've already spent so much time in tweaking the game to run well..
  • mr_ako74
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    same here, patch has roughly a 20-30% loss on performance
  • JordanD98x
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lost about 10 - 20 fps too

GTX 1070 8GB
    i7 4790k @ 4GHz
    16GB DDR3 RAM

Standard speeds, nothing overclocked.

Playing on 1080p, ultra on DX11 with vsync off and future frame rendering turned on (I lose about 30fps with it off)

Was getting 80 - 100fps average on all multiplayer maps, now dropping into the 60 - 70's sometimes
  • PvtPart5
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Dice.. can u acknowledge performance issues please? Its insane to have these issues with a 2000 dollar pc rig

• mefistolhl
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, frame drop good job DICE next patch next fail. Where is CTE?
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CTE needs to be put in quick there is no need to keep issuing these garbage patches. They need to fix the performance issues and major bugs first and then worry about adding new content. I know that without new content the game want last bit at this point it want last with all the performance issues either.
  • XDCFluffyBunny
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mefistolhl wrote: »

Please no CTE. The player base isn’t big enough to split it further.
  • ghos7bear
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue here, Narvik is terrible now, getting 40-50 FPS when I had 60 with rare drops before.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mefistolhl wrote: »

Please no CTE. The player base isn’t big enough to split it further.

So you would rather have these problems they can’t seem to fix? Talk about no player base there want be any if these problems don’t get fixed.