Assault class needs a nerf

Comments

• bran1986
    5646 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    Their explosives need a nerf, especially in splash damage against infantry. You have a bunch of scrubs just running around shooting them at people's feet, it is utterly ridiculous and goes against DICE and their vision of a more "skillful" game in BFV. The DMRs also need a nerf. They need to have some actual recoil applied and some horizontal recoil to make them less spammy in general. They also shouldn't have hip fire specializations. I doubt DICE will do anything as it is their class training wheels class, people who want to shut off their brain and rack up easy kills because DICE stacked the deck in their favor against every other class.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    • Nerf the G43’s recoil so its the same as the ZH’s (they use the same rounds)
    • Introduce a x2 acog-style scope for assaults with no glint, whilst introducing glint to x3 scopes for assaults and supports
    • Reduce the tint on reflex sights
    • Swap AT pistols with PIATs
    • Make muzzle velocities on recon weapons true to life (e.g. 760m/s Kar, 744m/s Enfield, etc whilst letting the Kar and Krag continue using low drag rounds)
    • If bullet drop on recon guns is currently exaggerated then buff bullet drop to real life standards
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    To the person who mentioned them, apparently the reflex and red dot sights in-game are tinted so it doesn’t become the case that no-one uses iron sights, which I have to say I support. The degree of tinting is too heavy tho and they should reduce it
  • DingoKillr
    3505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    As the meme sprouts want only buff for the others.
    Recon
    - No glint
    - BA 1HK to chest 100m, higher velocity, increase damage and less movement plenty.
    - SLR less recoil, all 2HK any range, higher ROF and less movement plenty.
    - AP mine 1HK.

Medic
    - Higher ROF and higher velocity
    - incendiary better damage and radius.
    - smoke last longer.

Support
    - Shotgun higher velocity and higher damage.
    - LMG less recoil.
    - MMG 3x scope less recoil.
    - AT grenade less drop
    - sticky grenade better range.

Ground vehicles decrease damage modifier against Piat. Increase damage and ROF of Machine Guns.

Planes decrease damage modifier against Piat and Panzerfaust.

Fortifications/buildings decrease damage modification from infantry explosives.

I think these few would bring Assault closer to others.
  • mf_shro0m
    If Dice were to go down that avenue I’d propose this

Assault
    - nerf G43 recoil to match ZH
    - • Introduce a x2 acog-style scope for assaults with no glint, whilst introducing glint to x3 scopes for assaults and supports
    • Reduce the tint on reflex and red dot sights

Recon
    - Introduce x2 acog style scope
    - medium damage BAs (Enfield, Krag) 1HK to chest <50m, high damage BAs (G95, Kar) 1HK to torso <50m, real life velocities, a little less movement penalty.
    - SLRs get a little higher ROF and less movement penalty.
    - AP mine higher damage and shorter fuse

Medic
    - https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/177806/a-simple-solution-for-smg-rebalancing#latest
    - Smoke lasts 2 seconds longer
    - (I’m against buffing SMGs’ velocity to unrealistic levels to fend against SMGs becoming ARs)

Support
    - Shotguns get higher RoF
    - MGs become 3hk
    - LMGs nerf recoil
    - Get PIATs

Tanks
    - Increase range, velocity and ROF of Machine Guns to match their infantry equivalents
    - Small increase to cannon damage to infantry
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    To the person who mentioned them, apparently the reflex and red dot sights in-game are tinted so it doesn’t become the case that no-one uses iron sights, which I have to say I support. The degree of tinting is too heavy tho and they should reduce it

I generally prefer iron sights unless they're really bad. But I wish I was able to set 1.0x or 1.25x zoom on iron sights as well.
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    - LMGs nerf recoil

Most of the LMG's don't necessarily need a full recoil nerf, but they need a higher first round recoil. They barely have any kick on the first shot which leads to "lucky" compact bursts that feel like 1 frames.

It's something that was done a lot by people in BF4 as well, people running with angled & muzzle brake on high RoF weapons, sure it's not effective overall because of spread, but the first initial burst was a near instant kill in some situations.

Personally I would also remove the "less vertical recoil" upgrade from the game.
  • Cerben1
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hey i just started playing Assault full time as the nerfs to supports mmg was to big. and now you want an nerf to that one so i gess i have to play recon like the other 50% of the team i still have Slr to lvl up and get gold on. medic no ty even old farts like me have standards im not going to ress aggressive recon players all days. one hit kill to cheast sounds fun less then 100m the kids are gone **** them self of joy over that (ther is a game that have this fetcher BF 1 play it and enjoy if its one hit kill to cheast your after )
  • S_Markt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt actions should be a one hit kill to the chest up to 40 meters, assault SLRs like the G43 should have a little more recoil if fired very quickly, as it is if you start at the gut and shoot as fast as you can tap the button, the 3rd or 4th shot is in the head or neck and is the kill. I think the recoil should get worse as you fire them fast. Damage models for assault class should not change.

no, bolt action should not be one hit kill to the chest, the recon does not need easymode for bad players to get cheap ohks. there are enough recons at the top of the leaderboards allready.
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please leave the Gewehr 43 alone.

Thank you lol.
  • Cerben1
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    i think the game is broken when we get more recon then Assault on any map and its more of an problem in breakthrough then any other game mode. attacking team have 8 Assault 4 medics and 3 support and 17 recon in most cases of the games i play on pc when we lose as attacker some play whit planes and Armor as well but they are short lived as ther is no support and and Assault to help the Armor to do ther thing as the recon camp on the bride in twisted steel for ex. as we go defender more Assault and support and even medic but its never Enough to give the Attacker an match so we lose again. why cant we ever have teams in 64man whit 8 medics 8supports 12 assaults 4 recon (the recon needs to spot some as well even if we have 17 thers no spotting going on) im sure 32 Assault can win any game atm but if 32 recon cant win any thing as they dont cap objective they camp and cry for nerf to semi autos and whant good mode for recon. the Age limit of this game is 18+ but it fels like moste of the players are 12 and plays recon. gold star to medics that stick to that class every game i see them they are ther playing medic and working whit the team some assault play the objective and kill of armor (armor is a problem 75% of the Assault dont try to kill them as well ) and we need an nerf to the anti tank capabilities some says sure if we get every Assault to shoot at tanks i understand that but we will never get that.

if there shod be a nerf to Assault i think its fair we take the recon out of the game as they dont work at all. every Battlefield game so far its been to many Recon/snipers in them and they never contributed in any good way. in BF2 we had Special Forces some of the kids liked that one Carbine and c4 class why not make that the new Recon whit carbines and explosives / spotting flare gun every one wins. my time in that game i spent as At inf or Medic some Engineer when driving tank
    Post edited by Cerben1 on
  • V1kingH4mster
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    assault riffles like the g43 are powerful they are simply put snipers with less range, do they need a nerf no they are in a good place right now a little over used but not op.

personally nothing is op atm maybe the bipods but even then not massively, only buff i feel needs to be done is the medics guns but tbh only a couple of them
  • V1kingH4mster
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Poly020 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    they could move the g 43/selb 1916 to recon, it would benefit the class a lot

Nah, just remove 3X from them.

Might not fix all but will be a good start.
    I agree.
    It'll force them to mid-range combat and actually assault the objective.
    So many times I see assault players just camping in the back playing sniper.

I'd remove it from support as well. Long range combat is a recon's job.

considering ww2 was mainly rifles i would say im happy with how they work,removing the 3x scope nope its a good viable option for those guns

as for the recon he is ment to be ultra long range hence why they come with a 6x scope and the assaults dont, as for the lmg yes they are viable as mid to long range but tbh its luck if you kill someone using it.
  • Cerben1
    assault riffles like the g43 are powerful they are simply put snipers with less range, do they need a nerf no they are in a good place right now a little over used but not op.

personally nothing is op atm maybe the bipods but even then not massively, only buff i feel needs to be done is the medics guns but tbh only a couple of them

so the non working Bipods are op? play support for 100 hours and use only mmg and lets talk about that Bipod agen
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    S_Markt wrote: »
    Bolt actions should be a one hit kill to the chest up to 40 meters, assault SLRs like the G43 should have a little more recoil if fired very quickly, as it is if you start at the gut and shoot as fast as you can tap the button, the 3rd or 4th shot is in the head or neck and is the kill. I think the recoil should get worse as you fire them fast. Damage models for assault class should not change.

no, bolt action should not be one hit kill to the chest, the recon does not need easymode for bad players to get cheap ohks. there are enough recons at the top of the leaderboards allready.

Hitting the chest and not the arms or legs isn't always as easy as it sounds, the hit box for this could be very small and only at close-close medium range so that if I as a recon with a BA round a corner and find someone else running with a machine gun, if I can get that one quick one off in their chest before they kill me, I should be able to win that gun fight. As it is, I have to go for the head, which I pretty much always do, switch to my pistol or use the throwing knife. Very difficult to run and gun with the BAs and I think this would make it, yes, easier but also more enjoyable for more players.

I recently started using the Lee Enfield with iron sights bc you don't have to zoom out of ADS to chamber the next round so you can get two shots quickly if needed. I think OHK to a SMALL hit box on the chest, literally only where the heart and lungs would be, at closeish range, along with ZERO aim assist for recon class would be a good addition to the game.
  • mf_shro0m
    edited January 27
    The vast majority of recons have to camp far away from objectives atm because at distances under 100m most don’t stand a chance against assaults and supports. This is due to the weapon balancing and the only way to fix this would be to incentivise recons to PTFO by making them more capable at medium and short-medium range
  • mf_shro0m
    S_Markt wrote: »

Hitting the chest and not the arms or legs isn't always as easy as it sounds, the hit box for this could be very small and only at close-close medium range so that if I as a recon with a BA round a corner and find someone else running with a machine gun, if I can get that one quick one off in their chest before they kill me, I should be able to win that gun fight. As it is, I have to go for the head, which I pretty much always do, switch to my pistol or use the throwing knife. Very difficult to run and gun with the BAs and I think this would make it, yes, easier but also more enjoyable for more players.

I recently started using the Lee Enfield with iron sights bc you don't have to zoom out of ADS to chamber the next round so you can get two shots quickly if needed. I think OHK to a SMALL hit box on the chest, literally only where the heart and lungs would be, at closeish range, along with ZERO aim assist for recon class would be a good addition to the game.

This. Most people significantly overestimate how easy it is to out gun machine guns and semiautomatics with BA even if they could OHK to the torso

Just look at CoD. Even though bolt-actions are OHK to anywhere on the body, only like 1% of players would opt to attempt to do that at short-medium range because it’s so hard to do effectively and the vast, vast majority perform better with ARs, semi-autos and LMGs at those distances. This shows that making bolt-actions OHK to be torso or less at short-medium range would not make them OP
  • Cerben1
    edited January 27
    this is Battlefield not Cod or cs go some ppl like this to be Battlefield whit fast ttk and tactical gaming not an cod game. pl implement the 18+ age restriction in game and make sure this stays an BF game i think its the TDM that is to blame for the loud Kids. if we get firestorm they are gone ask for Dances and swastika pyjamas as well if you cant shoot ppl in the head whit your Bolt action gun dont use it play another class do some thing ells but dont destroy the game for every one ells that happens to like BF games for what they are. i dont like Agressiv recon under 100m killing whit one shoot or even 40m its dumb and will make the game to an more recon fest then it is to day. play the game whit ther classes that are in ther adapt the BF game you play bugs shold be fixed when a class is to weak to work in game it needs an buff but no class needs god mode and recon needs to be tuned down so get the game to be a bf game agen no one plays the recon for spoting scope or flares its to improve the kd and not work whit he team atm. one shot kill game play play BF1 thers your one shot kill i stopped playing ther just cose of the sniper fest in ther . dont brake the game pl
  • mf_shro0m
    ‘OHK with snipers isn’t BF’

What were sniper rifles like in BC, BC2, BF3, and BF4?
    If anything, things as they are isn’t Battlefield

‘If only 1% of players can play a class viably then everyone should just play a different class. The classes shouldn’t be touched.’

Should Dice have left the medic class as it was when BFV first came out?

BFI was the way it was because the ‘sweet spot’ was 75-200m away from the target. Obviously that encourages recons to engage targets at those distances, which is far away.
    If you make the sweet spot 0-50m from the target then that’ll encourage recons to engage targets at 0-50m.
    As a result, there’ll be a migration of recons from the 200m+ range to the 0-50m range where they’ll be helpful to their squad.
    This really isn’t that complicated. It’s pretty sad that some people can’t grasp this.

You misunderstood why I brought CoD up.
    I used CoD as a case study to highlight the fact that very few people can use OHK guns well enough to forego the alternatives. Plus, in CoD some of those guns are semi autos and not even BAs. They are that much easier to use and yet it’s still the case that barely anyone opts for them
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    this is Battlefield not Cod or cs go some ppl like this to be Battlefield whit fast ttk and tactical gaming not an cod game. pl implement the 18+ age restriction in game and make sure this stays an BF game i think its the TDM that is to blame for the loud Kids. if we get firestorm they are gone ask for Dances and swastika pyjamas as well if you cant shoot ppl in the head whit your Bolt action gun dont use it play another class do some thing ells but dont destroy the game for every one ells that happens to like BF games for what they are. i dont like Agressiv recon under 100m killing whit one shoot or even 40m its dumb and will make the game to an more recon fest then it is to day. play the game whit ther classes that are in ther adapt the BF game you play bugs shold be fixed when a class is to weak to work in game it needs an buff but no class needs god mode and recon needs to be tuned down so get the game to be a bf game agen no one plays the recon for spoting scope or flares its to improve the kd and not work whit he team atm. one shot kill game play play BF1 thers your one shot kill i stopped playing ther just cose of the sniper fest in ther . dont brake the game pl

Again, the OHK hit box can and should be SUPER SMALL, but I still think it should be more than just the head. And for the record, I can and do headshot with my BA bc that is what works best (I have an 86% headshot ratio with the Krag).
    Imagine if this OHK box was the head, neck and literally just the titties, like I mean not the shoulder, not the stomach, not the arms from the side, nothing the but the heart and lungs from the front or the back. This really is a lot harder to hit than you are implying, especially while running around and getting shot at, which is the only time I want it for. Most snipers that hit body shots don't even realize they are hitting people in the limbs or the groin and not the chest.
    Players with the skill and accuracy to land these quickly and on the move deserve more than 60-85 damage that doesn't even impair the player shooting at them. If you want to add serious flinch instead that maybe knocks them back a bit so I have time to chamber the next round, ok, but I find it insane that a BA rifle shot square in chest does absolutely nothing to a player at full health.
    Would there be some noobs that land some lucky ones or camp on the edge of flags? Sure, but there are anyway and many are already using high powered assault SLRs to the same effect.
  • Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »

Bf5 is more cod than cod. Totally broken fast movement, assault weapons without recoil with crazy rpm and accuracy. I dont even talk about bugs completely destroying game like black screens, never ending loading screens and more. Developers should sit day and night on this forum, working with players to fix this junk.