Weekly BF

Assault class needs a nerf

1235»

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    Nerf the assult class and recon, and buff Medic and Support (MMG's). Let revive be medic only, and remove most of the ammo dumps around the maps.

Nerf recon?
    😂

What’re they going to do, make recon the only class that can’t carry a sidearm? I suppose they could make all recons wear neon orange prison overalls. They could make them wear a top hat too, or maybe one of those mascot costumes which are like 7 foot tall.
    You know, if Dice signed a deal with McDonalds and made all recons wear Ronald McDonald outfits they could probably give EA a lil peace offering of a coupla mill
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Nerf the assult class and recon, and buff Medic and Support (MMG's). Let revive be medic only, and remove most of the ammo dumps around the maps.

Nerf recon?
    😂

What’re they going to do, make recon the only class that can’t carry a sidearm? I suppose they could make all recons wear neon orange prison overalls. They could make them wear a top hat too, or maybe one of those mascot costumes which are like 7 foot tall.
    You know, if Dice signed a deal with McDonalds and made all recons wear Ronald McDonald outfits they could probably give EA a lil peace offering of a coupla mill

Recon nerfs:

1. 20% slower bullets from all bolt action weapons (more bullet drop)
    2. 30% smaller head hit box - this will affect all classes.
    3. 1 second blury crosshairs after movement (prevent A-D twitching) - this will affect all classes.

This will slow the game down a bit, and TTD will feel better.
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nerf recon?
    😂

Yes, nerf recon and Battlefield 5:

1. 20% slower bullets from all bolt action rifles (more bullett drop).
    2. 30% smaller head hit box - will affect all classes, but recon the most.
    3. 1 second blury crosshairs after any movement (prevent A-D twitching) - will affect all classes.
    4. 10% slower movement speed when sprinting - will affect all classes.

• Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 28

1. 20% slower bullets from all bolt action rifles (more bullett drop).
    2. 30% smaller head hit box - will affect all classes, but recon the most.
    3. 1 second blury crosshairs after any movement (prevent A-D twitching) - will affect all classes.

We should first nerf assault and support
    1. 50% slower bullets from all assault rifles (more bullett drop).
    2. 30% less damage on all assault and support weapons.
    3. 30% slower movement speed when sprinting - will affect all classes.
    4. 50% more spread and recoil on all assault and support weapons.

I'm brilliant!
  • mf_shro0m
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nerf recon?
    😂

Make 3 like 0.25 seconds and those are genuinely fair enough
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    Only way to balance the semi auto rifles is to reduce the headshot multiplier or give it some sort of damage cap where the gun kills at 3 bullets minimun even with headshots.

How can a recon SLR with 2x the recoil and half the rof only kill in 2 bullets even with a headshot while the semi auto rifles can kill in 2 bullets with a headshot.
  • DingoKillr
    3635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Nerf recon?
    😂

Make 3 like 0.25 seconds and those are genuinely fair enough
    You do know recon has something like that now. If they move and fire their shoots are more inaccurate then those of Assault and do have a small transition before inaccuracy are reduced. Look at a scope you can see if it is fuzzy or clear.

So such a thing would impact other classes more, it just another advantage for iron sight.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    maybe we need to reintroduce higher horizontal recoil onto them and highly punish the META of ADAD dancing with them
    1. Higher Horizontal recoil with a high multiplier for spam fire
    2. reduced movement-speed while ADS
    3. removal of 3x scopes or rework them to 2x scopes

Reworking the entire class-balance is still necessary as far as i am concerned. Assault is just too powerful in BFV
    The ARs are more effective then any comparable gun on any range. the semi-autos also outclass everything outside extreme CQC (0-10m) and there sheer amout of explosives is ludicrous at best and down right broken at worst. i mean the average assault pick-rate on my servers on PC varies between 45-60% that just shows how blatantly underpowered the rest of the classes are in the game. They are quite frankly not worth the bother for many players apparently (medic and scout being hit hardest by it)
    so how would i go about it beyond what has been stated above?
    1. Reworking the entire class balance.
    • Semi-autos become shared between medic and assault or at least the Turer-SMLE, Gewehr 1-5, M1A1
    • Shotguns become shared with Assault and support and re balanced so they can i tab you beyond 10-15m at best
    • Some SMGs like the STen and MP40 become accessible to Scout
    • ARs become higher horizontal recoil to not make them laserbeams
    • 3x Scopes are now only accessible by scout and retain their glint
    • former 3x Scopes now are 2x Scopes (but the model can stay for all i care as to not make CC-purchases redundant)
    • assault looses access to dynamite and gets shifted to either medic or scout (to let them have any means of engaging a tank or campers in buildings)
    • splash DMG of launcers (i.E Panzerfaust,PIAT,Frag-launcher) gets reduced and only remain 1 hit kills if hit directly on the chest
    • if medic's self-heal turns out to be too strong whith some access to these few semi-autos it can still be balanced afterwords.(i personally dont think it will turn out to be that but they could put a charge on it so you can do it like 2x in a row and after that it recharges for 5-10 seconds just an idea)

2. map design must be reworked i.E more hard cover on the more open maps to make flanking more prominent and give players crossing said open ground a change to duck behind something
    3. rebalancing AA vs. aircraft firepower
    4. Rebalancing AA-tanks against infantry
    5. Rebalancing light tanks to not soak up 3 Panzerfaust hits with indifference making them more of a hit and run glass-canon and reducing the tank-snipers on some maps so they are somewhat forced to close the distant
    6. pre-scattered AT-guns on maps baceause 75% of the palyers either dont bother or care to two AT/AA around and it is really a bad system at best having them face in the wrong angle 75% of the time as well
    7. lower HS-hitbox because HS are just a bit too easy to achieve making siper-bullets even more noticable
    8. General net-code fix (i cant believe it took DICE 3+ months and still counting to get rid of that)
    9. cracking down on the balancing issues in general and improving the next to unnoticeable anti-cheat systems
    10. maybe reworking the medic-revive animation to them having none (this is optionali dont mind the animation if it gets less jarring to trigger i.E you need to stand at the exact right spot in the exact right angle for it to trigger.....

Feel free to put in some constructive criticism with arguments and ideas for improving
  • BaronVonGoon
    6820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Well my fellow forumfielders, now let's tackle the issue of snipers requiring only one headshot to kill, my proposal is making it two. And a body shot.

Here, here.

How about no.

I think BaronVonGoon is on to something.
    He needs to go back to the doctor and get new meds his current ones seem to have serious side effects on his reality.

Doc got arrested for bank fraud.
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this is not COD its battlefield V a WW2 shooter whit fast ttk and tactical aspects in it hill camping whit recon is not part of this game and one hit Bolt action rifles is not part of it if you cant Aim for the head in this game whit your bolt action you play other stuff then Recon. i dont understand why Recon needs training-wheels and every buff ther is to be abel to play ther are enuf of them in game. if you like COD stuff Play that game if you like CS go play that but dont make this game the same as those games some of us like battlefield for the battlefield game play let us have that and not cod or cs go. pl make sure the Age limit of 18+ is implemented and that the loud kids stay out. i think we have to blame Team death match and stuff like that for the problems in the Battlefield games atm as its the Kids type of game and the firestorm game part is going to get more of them in as well what is next? dances and ppl in **** pyjamas :-(
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As i said in another post.

Just put antitank gadget to support class, and put instead granade launcher for assault class. Dinamite is fine in assault class for destroy fortification and close range combact.
  • Loomse
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [*] 3x Scopes are now only accessible by scout and retain their glint

Yes please. And tbh, DICE should remove all the reflex sights (this is a WWII game right ?).