Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update & Update Notes

Comments

• Redstripe101
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Would you finally want to fix the useless server browser? It only shows me full games and when I toggle on the filter to show me games with 1-5 or 6-10 available slots on the server, it says "found no servers". Is this game really so handicapped it can't even find servers for me to play besides the conquest play button, but not the server browser? You had this thing working in previous titles... Same with the new "kill cam" that just makes you do the same stuff as in the death screen, but without ability to speed up your death. So it's just wasted time serving no purpose whatsoever. I don't know man

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

What platform are you using? I use XBOX and use advanced search for CQ and only have US and EU servers selected and 1-5 open slots and always get at least 45 servers.

i have never seen 45 servers lol. always just a single page
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    I am not happy with the killcam as it is far too long, why can't you implement something like in BF4 ? That was just right.

Why not have an option to turn this off client side?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    1) I'm getting shot through buildings, after I'm behind cover

Shot by what weapon? Behind what "cover"?? You do realise BFV has an improved penetration mechanic?????? If it is a MMG or HMG it will penetrate most buildings.
    A door will no longer protect you from a Carbine.

This has been live since release, not just since the latest patch on Jan 15 Chapter 2 Lightning Strikes Update

• sloopyfish
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do questions ever get answered on this thing not just surpressed?

Would like to know if il be getting the tens of thousands of company coin i have been stroked on.. paid £80 so would like an answer ea/dice.

I cant upgrade any more Guns never mind tanks etc.. what do you expect us to do wanting to upgrade the new guns

There are a lot of bugs like a lot but this should be priority to all not just a few who know dice people on twitter.

I heard from a youtuber that a good amount of people got compensated with company credit from a dice rep through details giving to him on twitter including the youtuber who put it out.

So why treat us differently, absolutely atrocious behaviour on your part picking the few who are on twitter and not the rest of your community.

Do we not matter?

End of story will myself and the rest of level 50 players get compensation for this emmm joke of company coin lets call it because if we dont you will surly loose the people playing it.

What is the use of playing a game where the ingame currency does not accumulate?

I cant upgrade so dont even use the new guns i get so please please please please fix this damn bug.

• asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a quick question about lighting strikes, I've reached level 19 will this now reset now this part of lightning strike has finished or does it reset when this chapter has ended. Thanks
  • Braddock512
    1111 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @sloopyfish Now that the Max Rank Company Coin Accrual Bug has been resolved, next steps are to provide CC for those that have missed out.
    We've messaged this in our Letter to the Community, multiple tweets, reddit posts, etc.

The team is pulling data to determine those that have been impacted since December and what type of amount of CC is missing. Then, once that data is compiled, they will be running a script to make-good those that have been affected.

I don't have an ETA, but I'm hoping it's soon. Once we do have an ETA, we'll share that with the community.

-Braddock512-
  • Braddock512
    1111 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    I have a quick question about lighting strikes, I've reached level 19 will this now reset now this part of lightning strike has finished or does it reset when this chapter has ended. Thanks

Your Chapter Rank is persistent throughout the Chapter. Lightning Strikes is the name of the entire Chapter, which runs through Feb to early March. You'll keep adding to your Chapter Rank through then.

-Braddock512-
  • SHB2099
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am not happy with the killcam as it is far too long, why can't you implement something like in BF4 ? That was just right.

Why not have an option to turn this off client side?

In fact, no matter whether there is a killcam or not, there always exists a constant Respawn Time, which means if you skip the killcam very early, you still can't respawn instantly, you have to wait until the Respawn Waiting Time finished. And that is good for game balance. The only potential negative effect you may suffer from a period of killcam is, during killcam, you can't change your loadout if sometimes you feel you need to change your playstyle to better fit into the situation of that specific battle. But, now it already let you more quickly skip the killcam, and when skip to the respawn menu, you will find that it still has a few seconds left to wait to respawn, which means you totally can utilize these few seconds to change your loadout. It just wastes almost none of time.
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sloopyfish wrote: »
    Do questions ever get answered on this thing not just surpressed?

Would like to know if il be getting the tens of thousands of company coin i have been stroked on.. paid £80 so would like an answer ea/dice.

I cant upgrade any more Guns never mind tanks etc.. what do you expect us to do wanting to upgrade the new guns

There are a lot of bugs like a lot but this should be priority to all not just a few who know dice people on twitter.

I heard from a youtuber that a good amount of people got compensated with company credit from a dice rep through details giving to him on twitter including the youtuber who put it out.

So why treat us differently, absolutely atrocious behaviour on your part picking the few who are on twitter and not the rest of your community.

Do we not matter?

End of story will myself and the rest of level 50 players get compensation for this emmm joke of company coin lets call it because if we dont you will surly loose the people playing it.

What is the use of playing a game where the ingame currency does not accumulate?

I cant upgrade so dont even use the new guns i get so please please please please fix this damn bug.

How about you read the forums first because if you did then you’d see that they’re working on it just give them some time
  • Wisdomlikesilenc
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about 2 or 3 new maps? You know, CONTENT.
  • pest174
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine with the kill cam, but I wish it worked properly. Jumped on yesterday after a much needed break, did experience a bug where my load-outs were blank, but when I finally were able to play, the kill cam was all over the place. At times it didn't display any information on the player who killed me, sometimes it would zoom right past them into the distance, or even zoom right into the sky.

The one time it did work properly, it helped me realize what was wrong with visibility on console; the rendering. Some prone player killed me from a distance, and as the camera zoomed in, he was full potato mode. There was barely any details on the uniforms and the character model. It looked similar to how the models appear when you first load up the game, and I think that's what's contributing to the lack of visibility (at least on console).

The game gets pretty bad with pop-in textures, but I hadn't realized it also occurred with player models.
  • Braddock512
    The Company Coin issue is now 90% fixed:
    • Max Rank players are now earning Company Coin.
    • We've rolled out a retroactive grant of Company Coin for players who were not previously granted CC back in December and have been level 50 BEFORE the Accrual Fix went out this week.
    • The last bit is to fix the End of Round screen that shows incorrect totals on accrual. (You're actually earning the correct amount for completing matches, etc., the EoR screen is not updating properly to reflect the correct totals. You can check in your Inventory.)

-Braddock512-
  • marcomarti
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a strange feeling that EA/Dice want to drop intelligent, good, skilful players and end up with kids, who doesn't demand nothing, doesn't complain just pay for whatever crap EA/Dice will produce. 2019 Dice will test next BF on close environment called Moon because it's similar to earth - it's round and EA will invent wheel. Who knows.....
  • setugwell
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Team imbalance needs some heavy work. Its complete bull how many times I get dropped into a map just to lose. If I win one matcg, then I get dropped on a completely worthless team. Same thing happens to so many others. Team switch like every other BF or just get rid of whatever balance garbage thats in place.
  • JohnE241
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LeLLoITA wrote: »
    Let's make this easy and quick:

1. Killcam looks like it's something you developed in a hurry and never fully tested before releasing it. It was not requested by the community, you just decided it was needed to try and fix the campers problem. Well, you'll never fix that, it's part of almost any fps. The best you could've done was to bring back the somewhat decent killcam we had in bf1. Quick, easy, intuitive. This zoom-in, broken, unuseful long killcam is just annoying for everybody (let alone the sniper campers that are complaining because they cannot camp anymore), let us die the way we used to, it was just fine.

2. Footsteps. Again, this looks like you didn't even properly test this before releasing to the public. We got it, this time around we are really being treated like paying beta testers, but please this is getting too far now. It's hard to understand anything now with that tuned up volume. I can hear footsteps louder than frickin' guns (yeah, i'm exasperating, but you know the drill). Just tune the volume again, maybe next time we'll be more lucky (yup, you look like you're fixing things by trying your luck lately more than addressing and testing your s**t before release).

3. Still getting the eternal loading screen after matches end.

4. Instadeath and 99 damage still happens to me.

5. Still can't get bipod to deploy consistently other than when you lay on the ground (and even here there are major issues, like crawling after dropping on an uneven surface etc.)

I'll post again tomorrow, after I've had the time to test the changes you've made to SMGs. I've tested support yesterday and I've felt like the MMGs are way less controllable now when bipoded, but I guess that was intended so I'm not complaining, might help with support camping in corners with bipod deployed (and I'm 50/50 medic/support user who uses VGO most of the time, that means MMGs users aren't all campers).

Overall, for now, I'm far from impressed from this patch. You've fixed minor issues, created new issues, and introduced a whole new feature no one ever wanted.

Cheers.

I agree. I have the same issues and complaints. I also have an issue when I ads where I my aim shoots to the left or right of my intended target when my reticle was directly on them. Also hitting other players with 7+ bullets just to get one shotted by them and they have over 50% health still. I get stuck on terrain that I should easily be able to walk over and then I bounce back and forth just to get killed while my guy is having a seizure. The auto peek while kneeling in cover is non existent and requires me to stand to look over them, making me a larger target. I've been killed after getting cover 3-5 feet around corners of brick or concrete structures and I have a ping of 35-40. And these are just a few of the problems. I was really hoping the game would improve after this last update, but it feels like it's only getting worse and is not worth waiting to see if that will change. I loved the Battlefield games, used to consider them the best fps games and now this garbage. I am done with this game. I might consider coming back in a few months, but I doubt it as seems like you guys forgot how to make an enjoyable fps.
  • sloopyfish
    @sloopyfish Now that the Max Rank Company Coin Accrual Bug has been resolved, next steps are to provide CC for those that have missed out.
    We've messaged this in our Letter to the Community, multiple tweets, reddit posts, etc.

The team is pulling data to determine those that have been impacted since December and what type of amount of CC is missing. Then, once that data is compiled, they will be running a script to make-good those that have been affected.

I don't have an ETA, but I'm hoping it's soon. Once we do have an ETA, we'll share that with the community.

-Braddock512-

Ok cool thanks for answering me. Really appreciate that @Braddock512 .
  • AtlasTelamon823
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really liking the update. Smgs feel good and, well, useful.

Enemy player visibility is still kinda tough. Maybe it's a combination of color and the motion blur, but I cannot make out others. I've walked over enemies who were prone that looked like they had octocamo. Doesn't help that you die relatively quickly so standing and staring isn't really smart.

I like the kill cam a lot. Very helpful in rooting out those marksman. Quick death and not being able to see them in the shadows might be realistic but it's also annoying.

I would like to see a reduction in the rate of fire of semi automatic rifles. They have the range and accuracy to take on snipers (but without the glint), and the rate of fire and magazine to trade at medium to close range. I've done these things personally and I feel dirty afterwards. Not even particularly skilled, playing on a regular Xbox controller, bit too easy in my opinion.

I'm pleased to see the rumble function for Grand Operations was sorted. Didn't play it much because of that.

Otherwise I'm pleased to see updates coming. The TTK sort of put me off at first but it's really grown on me.
  • ballFetcher
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bad/Badly optimized
    * Footstep very loud at first, perhaps optimized in patch i missed. The super loud steps seem to be lower in comparison to the first patch. It is not perfect, or even great, at this time. More todo in other words. Too loud when sneaking!!
    * Death Cam. Nuff said about that, but why cam a shooter within 1-10 meters just in front of you for N very long seconds.

Hmm
    Noticed "the laying around players melting into the stone setting" - Don't mind this allot, gray camo should blend with gray stone.. but it is perhaps too much.

Good/Don't know perhaps
    * Vaulting is better in some conditions for sure, not in others. If crouching and moving i get stuck more than before (perhaps a regression).
    * Interesting team game mode with tanks. Love when good teams steam role other teams (me that is). More fun than domination.
    * Decent weapon balance right now. The nerfs (indirectly perhaps) to support and scouts should be fixed for all maps (as stated by many).
    * Hearing tanks better is better, more fun/scary and realistic. Cant say for sure but feel it is improving.

Great!
    * Better performance on high end system. Great with fixes that nerf graphic exploits, and disregard the people getting a reduction in fps due to this. Just force some re-tweaks when demand rises, as high end system has been forced to do for ages unintentional. I cant find any excuse for lowering visual performance for high end systems in comparison with low end. If performance is hit by a bush blocking the same view in high-end then the lower-end should see a uglier bush - period. This is the primary area were high-end YouTuber are off the chart wrong due to tradition (the pro designation is less pro when you consider this).

Good work in general!

• ballFetcher
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Quick observation about this.

"Hmm
    Noticed "the laying around players melting into the stone setting" - Don't mind this allot, gray camo should blend with gray stone.. but it is perhaps too much."

Tried this "trap" and it worked decently but cant remember being still (moving weapon as crazy) - yet it is rare to see that movement when confronting players (next to you) in this position.

Cheers
  • sloopyfish
    @Braddock512 i see that the cc has been sent to the people who were not receiving but sadly still havent got any, i have been level 50 from December and know i definitely didnt get alot of cc that i should have playing for like 75+h. Just would like to know if thats it and not sending any cc?
    Also should the game be showing me like 2,150cc at end of some game as if i level up again because you dont recieve the 2000 just the 150..