Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update & Update Notes

Comments

• xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look at all this negative feedback and still no Response from DICE- it shows that that don’t give a ****
  • TG_JAZZY
    1082 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad Conquest....whitewashed for 7 games then the next game no enemy players till near the end were 3 enemies get whitewashed, the lack of team balance that has plagued battlefield over recent months is emphasized with Squad Conquest.
    The killcam that pans in and out then does a 360 needs to go, me and many others invested time getting used to the last useless joke of a killcam were you could not see the enemy and now you give us something just as useless but ten timed more annoying.
    ALMOST as annoying ad the multi level /directional footsteps that are all over the place.
    I have never ssid this before as it sounds silly but do you not test these things before an update goes out?
  • OShannon91
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the update.
    MPs are a bit stronger.
    Climbing is definitely more fluent.
    Flare gun is useful.
    New gamemode is fun with friends.
    Cc works for many people now (at least for all my friends)

Only the bug, that there is no timer for reviving is bit annoying.

Thanks Dice, it goes in the wight direction
  • malingering
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Need to Improve:
    - Kill Cam:

Issue 1. Please , please revert to previous death sequence. On average, it takes 5 more seconds for the kill cam to orient on the shooter. This sequence disrupts the overall playing experience negatively. It reduces the ability to respawn on objective or teammate due to the increase in time to process the sequence and greatly disrupts the flow of the action.

Issue 2. I'm not sure what problem the kill cam solves? People getting shot without knowing where the shooter is a fundamental aspect of a battle right? If one does not know where he/she is receiving fire from, then don't respawn in the same spot or don't take the same approach to the target or objective. In other words, the kill cam reduces the need to think tactically about where you go and what avenue of approach you take to get where you need to go.

Solution: Revert to previous sequence (preferred) or give the player the option to remove the kill cam option.

- Medic revive:

Issue 1: Please revert to the previous medic revive sequence count down (from the medic providing revive perspective). It's beneficial for the medic to understand which team mates need reviving first. When everyone has the same full circle with no timer, you can't prioritize who gets revived first. Especially when the person you need to revive is a medic which can help you revive the rest of your down team mates.

Solution: Bring back the old revive sequence.
  • 11KingJake11
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wish they would fix the same problems that game has had. LIKE
    -64 dom
    -TTD but really turn up the damage im going make videos with me putting 30 bullets in people with hit markers
    -32 dom but call it conquest some small brain what
    -wish dice would listen to the people that play the game and honesty that is the most important part.
  • MoparDog94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    HOW ABOUT YOU LISTEN TO SOME OF YOUR VETERAN PLAYERS AND ADD HARDCORE MP LIKE YOU PROMISED.. OH YEAH BUT YOU EA AN DICE DONT LIKE TO LISTEN JUST PRODUCE LIBERAL AGENDA MADE UP HISTORY HALF FINISHED GAMES WITH TONS OF $$$$$$$$$ MAKING BS.
  • 11KingJake11
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is some proof on people not dying when u shoot them. This a link makes my point.
  • APEROfred
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The feeling i have is that by trying to please everyone you’re pleasing no-one, simply let people customize their games, either create different game types on servers or let players create games:
    Choose maps and game types (or random maps and types)
    Friendly fire on/off
    Hardcore mode on/off
    Vehicles yes/no
    then everyone can play the kind of games they enjoy...
  • SonimXXX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New maps please. The current batch are getting abit stale

Remove kill cam please. Nobody cares where the person is who just killed them .. Its to late and its ruining the flow of the game.

When you die. If we know theres no revive coming .Can we have the bleed out speeded up.. cuz damn that bit kills the flow aswell

Give us the hardcore mode please. Why? Because its better

Give us rent-a-servers please.

Im 90hours into BFV and I love it.
    I'll love it even more if the above list is sorted 👍👍

That will be all .
    Thanks
    See you on the battlefield 👍
  • Wulfen109
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why can't i buy my missing chapter 1 weapons anymore?
  • M0rph4eus
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is absolute Garbage now so obvious you are porting this across and coding on one platform when this game was originally a PC game and now this latest patch is absolute crap I have gone back to BF1 .
  • DominikLudwig88
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really have to say that you did a really good job with the SQ Mode. Its Awesome and we want it to stay in the game :) !!!
  • Voidpyre
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Dear Dice,

with the new update you have removed several customization sets from the game. We strongly disaggree with that.

The sets, for example - Royal Motivations, were not shown as any kind of "limited time offer". They were also very pricey in CC, so we as players would need time (with your broken CC generation) to save up enough CC to buy those sets.

But now the sets are gone. No word why, no word on if they'll be back. We're not even sure if the removal of the sets was intentional.

The current result:

Is that your work on those sets is wasted. They were pricey and almost noone has bought them yet. The game is new und we were spending our CC on weapon unlocks und cheap customizations for a start. Now that most of us have the essential unlocks we need, we are ready to earn the CC needed for sets like the Royal Motivations.

If you barely give us access to the sets, you don't need to bother making the sets in the first place.

The solution:

1) Bring back the removed sets. They were not "advertised" as "limited time offers", so they're to stay in the game

2) If a set is "limited time offer" - communicate this info to the players

3) If a set is "limited time offer" - give the players enough time to save up the CC to be able to afford those sets

Thank you for reading
    Post edited by Voidpyre on
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm on PS4 and that specific endless EOR with the two loading icons is gone, but I now crash just as if not more often. Every single time I end up in a queue to join my squad again. Painful. :'(
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Playing Grand Operations with my squad, they are fine but I'm infinite loading after every end of round, then I have to join a damn queue to get back to my squad, every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never had such a bad experience with online lobbys.
    It is definitely worse since the newest patch.
  • ChrisFromAldi
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    right first off; you've created a game mode/situation where people can actively camp the everliving crap out of the map, so on a map like arras where you need to cross fields etc, youll have 4 guys camping one approach, then bam i'm dead and so is 5 other members of my squad, 6-21, 8-18 and 12-18 and I'm honestly done for the day after 3 games. and you've made THIS a tides of war event? reallyyyyy?!!

Secondly: Most of the community have been screaming out for killcam to get taken off or made how it was in BF1, is this ever going to happen or are we talking to devs that wont listen?

finally; footsteps!! I'm always looking around because all I can hear is footsteps in different directions, its quite disorienting, does anyone know a tweak to this to fix it or??
  • ShuckMiBawls
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the love of God, please take back this noob loving abomination of an update. Who the heck asked for tracer rounds? Who asked for this kill cam? Who asked for louder footsteps? You have successfully destroyed this game and created Call Of Freaking Duty with the gun changes. Instead of buffing SMG's, (Do you DICE even know what SMG's are used for in real life?) Into medium range laser cannons, give medics some DMR's or some other gun type. Why are they the only class to have only 1 gun type? Used to love this game, well only playing as assault class since all guns blow, but now I'm dying accross the map from an mp40. Do you actually listen to what people have to say, you know, the paying people by which you tools still have jobs from, or just some **** streamer kid who is only playing your game because he wants it to be more like a big c.o.d.?? Good job destroying the series, it was fun while it lasted.
  • _Arthur_Bridger
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Excuse my bad english please but I am just curious:

More then two months I am not receiving CC (lvl 50, btw main game currency) except 100 CC quests. Tides of war event = more guns = more specializations = more CC needed. As reward I get useless emblems, dogtags etc. Why we cant get CC as tides reward? Every player can use it (guns, camo, uniforms). Looks like good option if u are stucked at final solution? 12 - 20k camo with 300 CC income per day really? I dont have enough for gun specializations.... DELUXE EDITION...

I mean you starded event with many rewards at the time when the most of players have not enough CC but put no CC as reward???
  • Fulyculy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi guys !
    Same for me : no need killcam (please god!) : less skills and more noobs ! let us hunt our target, no need to have their gps postion for it! The game was so good ... hope it doesnt last to long
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone from DICE/EA please look at this discussion that has over 17k views and tell us what’s going on
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/162806/battlefield-v-on-companion-app#latest