Someone mentioned a Chauchat assignment on Twitter?

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Anyone aware of this? I remember this morning in response to someone announcing the patch was live, someone replied saying there was an assignment for the Chauchat? I was half asleep though and only just remembered. Is this true? That was my top weapon in BF1, I loved it but i'd prefer more new stuff.

Comments

• skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You use the Chauchat in the single player campaign so I wouldn't be suprised if it made it in eventually.
  • kreepypriest
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I peed a little when you mentioned Chauchat..that was a beastly lmg in BF1
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I peed a little when you mentioned Chauchat..that was a beastly lmg in BF1

I know, it was my highest used weapon. As soon as I unlocked it, I loved it. It just sounded like a beast. The bullets sounded like cannons. Proper damage machine. Great for taking out snipers as well.
  • nillaarven
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got the assigment, but no wepon. Is it so for everyone?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is in the files and pretty much ready to ship, I assumed it would come this month, but I guess it will be either a freebie or coming later in the current ToW. It seems to be similar to the M1922 that we will get in three weeks, an MMG with a higher damage model to account for it's low ROF and low magsize. I believe it had the Gewehr 43 damage model.
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yay another BF1 copy and paste weapon ffs.

Why not the FM 24/29 which was used upto 1960 by the French.