The newest patch where the game returns to the old days of showing who killed you and where they were will kill off the camper playstyle.
I know many people do not like campers, but people who camp do not like twitch players...so its mutual.
1. My camping playstyle is due to a few reasons.
- I like to play the support class, pretty much exclusively. Its the only class that appeals to me in regards to playstyle and weapons.
- Many of the support class guns require you to be prone to be effective. This in and of itself is a huge negative to the playstyle due to being prone to a greater number of head shots. The best way to be effective at being prone is to find locations where you are not easily spotted so you can do your thing. This newest patch now shows the enemy exactly where you were so they can easily retaliate. This is not an issue for twitch players on the move given the speed at which the player runs in game. If you were to get killed by someone running, there is a 99.9999999999% chance they will NOT be in that same location. This is not the case for campers or the prone playstyle. You essentially just nerfed a good portion of your player base, based on their preferred playstyle in game that again, is reinforced by how some weapons must be used.
I would think that Dice being a 26 year old company, and EA being as old as the universe would have come across this argument at least once. So, I can not claim you are ignorant of your decision, but simply willing to nerf a portion of your player base who did not need it to start with. This is a huge turn off for me and I question if I will be playing in the future.
2. Machine Gunnner: Where is the suppression for Machine Gunnner? If we choose machine gunner we get the ability to spot players and that is....pretty much it. Where is our actual working second ability like other classes get?
3. Engineer: The nerf to the anti-aircraft turret is about one of the dumbest things I have seen in game so far. It was already challenge enough to take on a plane, now its borderline impossible. The 7.5 seconds (2 second increase over not having the trait) is not enough time to even get off 30 points of damage before the plane vanishes over the horizon and repairs/refuels. Planes were already dominating playfields, in many cases completely turning the tide of the battle...now, they just got buffed into god mode because there is little now that can challenge a plane.
Assault and Medic are easily argued to be the best classes in game. Why the huge nerf to support players?
I played 1942 DC mod back in the day. Left for awhile when my clan dissolved and played bad company 2, until I got sniped by a shotgun from one end of the map to the other (by an actual cheater). I left the game due to a lack of proactivity on banning cheaters. Battlefield 5 is easily 20x worse than Bad Company 2 in that regard, but I am holding off from critique until EA Dice gets some time to do their first wave of bans. Sadly, balance decisions alone may drive me and others away long before the cheaters do.