New patch is the death of the Support and Recon class.

Shrediron
205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 16
First post.

The newest patch where the game returns to the old days of showing who killed you and where they were will kill off the camper playstyle.

I know many people do not like campers, but people who camp do not like twitch players...so its mutual.

1. My camping playstyle is due to a few reasons.
- I like to play the support class, pretty much exclusively. Its the only class that appeals to me in regards to playstyle and weapons.
- Many of the support class guns require you to be prone to be effective. This in and of itself is a huge negative to the playstyle due to being prone to a greater number of head shots. The best way to be effective at being prone is to find locations where you are not easily spotted so you can do your thing. This newest patch now shows the enemy exactly where you were so they can easily retaliate. This is not an issue for twitch players on the move given the speed at which the player runs in game. If you were to get killed by someone running, there is a 99.9999999999% chance they will NOT be in that same location. This is not the case for campers or the prone playstyle. You essentially just nerfed a good portion of your player base, based on their preferred playstyle in game that again, is reinforced by how some weapons must be used.
I would think that Dice being a 26 year old company, and EA being as old as the universe would have come across this argument at least once. So, I can not claim you are ignorant of your decision, but simply willing to nerf a portion of your player base who did not need it to start with. This is a huge turn off for me and I question if I will be playing in the future.

2. Machine Gunnner: Where is the suppression for Machine Gunnner? If we choose machine gunner we get the ability to spot players and that is....pretty much it. Where is our actual working second ability like other classes get?
3. Engineer: The nerf to the anti-aircraft turret is about one of the dumbest things I have seen in game so far. It was already challenge enough to take on a plane, now its borderline impossible. The 7.5 seconds (2 second increase over not having the trait) is not enough time to even get off 30 points of damage before the plane vanishes over the horizon and repairs/refuels. Planes were already dominating playfields, in many cases completely turning the tide of the battle...now, they just got buffed into god mode because there is little now that can challenge a plane.

Assault and Medic are easily argued to be the best classes in game. Why the huge nerf to support players?

I played 1942 DC mod back in the day. Left for awhile when my clan dissolved and played bad company 2, until I got sniped by a shotgun from one end of the map to the other (by an actual cheater). I left the game due to a lack of proactivity on banning cheaters. Battlefield 5 is easily 20x worse than Bad Company 2 in that regard, but I am holding off from critique until EA Dice gets some time to do their first wave of bans. Sadly, balance decisions alone may drive me and others away long before the cheaters do.

Post edited by Shrediron on

Comments

• Shrediron
    Take note of the top kills (and score) in this picture. He was in a plane for 95% of the match, UNCONTESTED. We could not shoot him down.

The nerf to engineering and anti-aircraft guns was completely COMPLETEY unnecessary.

wvzrqw.jpg
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Get him boys!!
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you really putting medics (SMGs) on the same lvl as assaults (ARs and SLRs)? That is hilarious! Is this an april fool's joke in advance?
  • Shrediron
    Are you really putting medics (SMGs) on the same lvl as assaults (ARs and SLRs)? That is hilarious! Is this an april fool's joke in advance?

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I never said medics were the same as assault, I said they were better than support and recon (which is pretty well known).
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I never said medics were the same as assault, I said they were better than support and recon (which is pretty well known).

Actually, sounds more like you are either ignorant or biased. Or maybe both. Ask everybody that is objective and they will all tell you that it's currently Assault followed closely by support right behind that are actually the strongest classes in the game.

Medic weapons are only decent up to 30m for face offs (1v1s). Afterward they are beaten by every single assault or support weapon (well, excluding shotguns obviously). If you lose a 1v1 against a SMG user past 30m and you're playing support, you are bad at the game.

Also, you are clearly complaining about killcam which was part of every bf title tho, ironically, you forgot to consider that this title rewards camping a lot more than any previous title thanks to soldiers blending in so well with the background plus the lack of 3d spotting, unless suppressed or tagged by a scout which is rare, and short TTK (plus all the bugs like TTD or direction-of-incoming-damage UI bug). Without the killcam, you had it easy camping skillessly (cuz face it, picking a camping spot to set up shop doesn't take much brain, reflexes or aim) and now that you cannot kill squads of people and remain on the same spot farming effortlessly, you complain.
  • Ploodovic
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Take note of the top kills (and score) in this picture. He was in a plane for 95% of the match, UNCONTESTED. We could not shoot him down.

The nerf to engineering and anti-aircraft guns was completely COMPLETEY unnecessary.
    Your side didn’t have any planes, to keep the skies clear?
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    I've been a Support / MMG 'main' since Battlefield 3.

I've about given up now in the franchise. DICE doesn't care, like or want this playstyle in their games anymore.
    • Suppression Removed. No notice, no discussion - just axed it. You can lay down withering fire on enemies and they just laugh and 'ping' - one shot dead. It's stupid.
    • Cannot Hipfire MMGs. Another Nerf from previous games. No notice, no discussion - just axed it
    • Bipods Broken. Yes, they're supposed to be patched but right now it's a tedious mess
    • Prone Animations broken. You slide forwards, sideways so often without even touching the controller it's infuriating.
    • MMG range support nerfed. Removed all the long range scopes for MMGs. They have them for LMGs, but the MMGs didn't get any. WHY??!?!?
    • Fortifications are a joke. Nice ideal addition, can take 30 seconds to set up defences... one frag grenade blows it sky high. Utter waste of time!

It's clear to me that DICE wants to support either the sniper role for people who want to be 10 miles from the action or the zerg players who just want the fastest TTK weapons they can fire on the move.

I've pretty much given up any hope here. DICE hates Support and hates the MMG players through and through.

They bleat this rubbish about this game being 'tactical' but the reality is, this game is just about 95% of the playerbase playing Assault with either Zerg rush or Flanking 'strategy'.

No one fears rushing a Machine Gun nest for a reason - they're a joke and about as far removed from any realistic representation possible.

Oh, but the balance decisions are all about fun!

Yeah, I'm not having fun here. Your game sucks. Being sniper bait and having constantly humstrung utility has put Support (MMG) in a place where it has no real purpose anymore in the game. It's fun for a few kills, but only us old hardcores and masochists play Support MMGs as their main now. It sucks.

I've given up all hope now. Once DICE nerfed suppression back to the stone age, killed heavy machine gun fire on the move and just made us prone gimme kills for Snipers I knew it was all over for this class and spec.
  • parkingbrake
    3009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The killcam is horrible. BFV was fine they way it was. The only change that needed to be made was for the medic class to have a few weapons that were actually good.

There was nothing wrong with the Medic weapons, the only problem was players who refuse to understand that as a Medic their primary role is healing and reviving team mates, not getting into shooting contests with opponents at longer ranges. We don't need to go back to the old Assault medical class which had so much firepower that many who played that class made little if any effort to heal and revive. I don't mind that DICE has tried to emphasize class roles in BFV, if you want better guns, play Assault or Support.
  • full951
    2299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    suppression is not wanted.

sucks we can't hip fire mmg

bipids will get fixed

prone will get fixed. the push forward is usually because you're next to a solid object

mmg does good bi poded don't it?

fortifications are a let down but the sandbags were buffed right?
  • thebossman2202
    372 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Support has wide range of weapons that takes on any class.

MMGS need a buff true but the Laser Bren. FG-42, LEWIS GUN and KE-7 still get the job done. Also the shotguns IMO are very strong on some maps. I used to suck with the M1987, but after learning its strengths I kill with it.
  • Hawxxeye
    4722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

mmg does good bi poded don't it?
    The recoil change for prone MMGs has hurt the MMG accuracy enough that it is not worth engaging enemies who are far enough from the mg42 that one would need to ADS to shoot people with it while prone.
  • StealthAria
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ploodovic wrote: »
    Your side didn’t have any planes, to keep the skies clear?

Not all the planes are balanced. Right now the Spitfires dominate the skies because they're so nimble, before that it was the Mosquito. And even as the Allies, if the Axis have multiple planes up it's suicide to try flying without a wingman or two ready to fly out with you.

I don't entirely agree with OP, but I do belive that AA needs a bit of a buff. As they currently stand, I see AA fire as little more than beacons highlighting easy kills while I'm flying. On one hand it's nice that taking out AA is so easy, on the other it's boring that one can so easily dominate the sky.

Best fix I can think of is to give vehicle MGs the same incendiary rounds as the VGO and MG42, and let them aim higher. Maybe throw in a tooltip about using MMG "aimed" hip-fire to damage aircraft.
  • parkingbrake
    3009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »
    I've been a Support / MMG 'main' since Battlefield 3.

I've about given up now in the franchise. DICE doesn't care, like or want this playstyle in their games anymore.
    • Suppression Removed. No notice, no discussion - just axed it. You can lay down withering fire on enemies and they just laugh and 'ping' - one shot dead. It's stupid.
    That is annoying, Recons tell me they get suppressed, but even when I'm hitting them and even getting a headshot, it doesn't stop them from threading the needle and killing me with one shot.
    [*] Cannot Hipfire MMGs. Another Nerf from previous games. No notice, no discussion - just axed it
    [*] MMG range support nerfed. Removed all the long range scopes for MMGs. They have them for LMGs, but the MMGs didn't get any. WHY??!?!?
    Surely this is obvious. Those weapons have very high rates of fire and at least some have extended ammo supply, they're already capable of withering fire when prone. Add telescopic sights to that mix and players would be sitting hundreds of yards back with an MG-42 making an objective uninhabitable for the other team. I understand why they did this, it really is a balance decision.
    [*] Fortifications are a joke. Nice ideal addition, can take 30 seconds to set up defences... one frag grenade blows it sky high. Utter waste of time!
    Not any more, it now takes two grenades to blow up a sandbag wall, so one player cannot do it alone. Fortifications are game changers in some situations, overall I like the addition.
    [*] Bipods Broken. Yes, they're supposed to be patched but right now it's a tedious mess
    I've had little trouble with them, but apparently they're problematic for some other players. I'm just not experiencing that.
    [*] Prone Animations broken. You slide forwards, sideways so often without even touching the controller it's infuriating.
    Yeah, that's irritating as hell, it's like we've been greased and are sliding around on a tilting floor.

It's clear to me that DICE wants to support either the sniper role for people who want to be 10 miles from the action or the zerg players who just want the fastest TTK weapons they can fire on the move.

I've pretty much given up any hope here. DICE hates Support and hates the MMG players through and through.

They bleat this rubbish about this game being 'tactical' but the reality is, this game is just about 95% of the playerbase playing Assault with either Zerg rush or Flanking 'strategy'.

No one fears rushing a Machine Gun nest for a reason - they're a joke and about as far removed from any realistic representation possible.

Oh, but the balance decisions are all about fun!

Yeah, I'm not having fun here. Your game sucks. Being sniper bait and having constantly humstrung utility has put Support (MMG) in a place where it has no real purpose anymore in the game. It's fun for a few kills, but only us old hardcores and masochists play Support MMGs as their main now. It sucks.

I've given up all hope now. Once DICE nerfed suppression back to the stone age, killed heavy machine gun fire on the move and just made us prone gimme kills for Snipers I knew it was all over for this class and spec.
    Look, no offense, but all this melodrama is hilarious. Over at Snipers, Inc. they're moaning about how awful sniper rifles are in BFV, the worst in any game in history, they're all about to uninstall. The Turrethead Club are on suicide watch over how horrible tanks are now what with one Assault able to destroy them with one Panzerfaust from a mile away, maybe two miles. And the guys in Medics R' Us are heavily sedated because they can't deal with their trash weapons, they know for a fact no SMG will kill an opponent more then five feet away and that's only if they use it as a club after putting a full magazine into the guy. The funniest part is there was a thread called DICE Hates Medics, and similar threads devoted to the contempt DICE has for Recons, now you've added Supports to that list. Oops, I almost forgot the Wing Wipers, naturally they've known for years that DICE hates them, I mean, Stingers, need I say more?

Seriously, the moaning and wailing here is almost self-satire, it's so overblown and often so factually challenged that at times I suspect some of you "They ruined Battlefield" types are trolling because it's hard to believe even you take you seriously.
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Support has wide range of weapons that takes on any class.

MMGS need a buff true but the Laser Bren. FG-42, LEWIS GUN and KE-7 still get the job done. Also the shotguns IMO are very strong on some maps. I used to suck with the M1987, but after learning its strengths I kill with it.

That's the irony.

The MMGs are useless on the move and LMGs are more effective at range.

MMGs are pushed into a very specific role with a lot of downsides if you don't employ them correctly - yet are not the best in class option for what they do.

Support LMGs are actually great and have a lot of flexibility. MMGs are very specific and have just been nerfed (again).

I don't know why DICE doesn't just do away with the MMGs completely in this game, it's pretty clear they hate this class and spec. They've been nerfing them since before BF5 even launched.
  • Hawxxeye
    4722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    [
    Surely this is obvious. Those weapons have very high rates of fire and at least some have extended ammo supply, they're already capable of withering fire when prone. Add telescopic sights to that mix and players would be sitting hundreds of yards back with an MG-42 making an objective uninhabitable for the other team. I understand why they did this, it really is a balance decision.
    Not with the current recoil. it would maybe do some hit markers at best at long range before the target either takes cover or shoots back with greater precision.

• Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Supports is fine to me.

Medics is fine after the update, i can hipfore almost running and land a lot of headshots while moving extremely accurate

Lol.
    Loving the mp40

Recons need a buff thoug, if it is up to me i remove the 3x scopes for everyone, except the recons.
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    I only use MG42 and the only good fix is the bipod to me. Didnt experience any problem deploying it. Ammo crates still penetratisappering at times, seems it wasnt fully fixed