The nerf to engineers and anti-aircraft turrets has made planes god mode

Shrediron
205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Its darn near impossible now to shoot down a plane in an anti-aircraft, even as an engineer. 5.5 or 7.5 seconds is simply not long enough, not by a long stretch to do any damage to a plane before he vanishes out of your sights to repair.

The top score in this match was made by the person being in an aircraft for 95% of the game. We could not shoot him down.

The nerf to engineers/anti-aircraft has completely over tuned airplanes.
[img][/img]wvzrqw.jpg

Comments

• XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Theres engineers in this game!?
  • Shrediron
    That pilot can only do it if your whole team just simply allowed him to do so. Where are your pilots and aa tank?
    This patch didnt nerf the range of aa tank, it can still cover the whole infantry fighting area ,where plane can get kills, from your first flag if not your uncap.

The whole team was not allowing him to do it. Our pilots were not so good, so fair game for him. But I am very good at anti-aircraft turrets and I could barely even damage him. Its a joke. I took down 5 planes last night in a matter of 3 minutes, today I can not even make a dent. Its a joke.

Tank spawning is too infrequent to be effective if someone else grabs the tank. I play engineer specifically to use tanks to take out planes, repair vehicles on the field, and jump into turrets when necessary (which is often).

Turrets were already balanced by being placed into pits, cant shoot down or even forward in most cases. Not to mention the amount of terrain in the way. It was an unnecessary change.
  • PrecisionWing
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    That pilot can only do it if your whole team just simply allowed him to do so. Where are your pilots and aa tank?
    This patch didnt nerf the range of aa tank, it can still cover the whole infantry fighting area ,where plane can get kills, from your first flag if not your uncap.

The whole team was not allowing him to do it. Our pilots were not so good, so fair game for him. But I am very good at anti-aircraft turrets and I could barely even damage him. Its a joke. I took down 5 planes last night in a matter of 3 minutes, today I can not even make a dent. Its a joke.

Tank spawning is too infrequent to be effective if someone else grabs the tank. I play engineer specifically to use tanks to take out planes, repair vehicles on the field, and jump into turrets when necessary (which is often).

Turrets were already balanced by being placed into pits, cant shoot down or even forward in most cases. Not to mention the amount of terrain in the way. It was an unnecessary change.

No doubt it will take longer to shoot down a plane, that's part of the balancing for aa long range. For planes, once taking hits, the whole screen starts to shake like getting high, making aiming almost impossible, and continue diving meaningless. So my suggestion is getting used to it and try to start shooting planes in advance.
  • PrecisionWing
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No doubt it will take longer to shoot down a plane, that's part of the balancing for aa long range. For planes, once taking hits, the whole screen starts to shake like getting high, making aiming almost impossible, and continue diving meaningless. So my suggestion is getting used to it and try to start shooting planes in advance.

The amount of damage being done to the plane is completely insignificant against the fast planes, to the order of 8-24 damage max before they are either too high to shoot, or over the horizon repairing. This is my complaint. I have shot plenty of planes "in advance" building up the eventual kill, the issue now is that the 5 to 7 seconds you can shoot at a plane before over heating is a joke (from an anti-aircraft turret) before they are out of range repairing or getting more ammo to kill you.

There is little to no chance now of killing a plane who has an anti-aircraft turret in their sights. THAT is the problem.

Like I mentioned before, it's a balance for aa long range.
  • Raptor_i81
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about 2 static AA work together ? how about AA tank ? a pilot in a plane shouldn't be balanced against a player in a free static AA ... It should be vehicle vs vehicle.
  • someguy12121
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried taking a Stuka out that was going agro and I did maybe 10 damage total to it before it bombed me dealing 60. AAs in general have been rendered useless now.
  • Hawxxeye
    5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    you know that you are not limited to the stationaries as AA measures. There are also two MMGs that can do 100% more damage to aircraft.
    1 AA + 1 or 2 incendiary MMGs can spell disaster for enemy planes
  • Vinotauro
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dumb thread. I don't even use planes and somehow my squad and I can take them down with some teamwork.
  • Tonydean1
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its darn near impossible now to shoot down a plane in an anti-aircraft, even as an engineer. 5.5 or 7.5 seconds is simply not long enough, not by a long stretch to do any damage to a plane before he vanishes out of your sights to repair.

The top score in this match was made by the person being in an aircraft for 95% of the game. We could not shoot him down.

The nerf to engineers/anti-aircraft has completely over tuned airplanes.
    [img][/img]wvzrqw.jpg

There already too strong, and to hard to shoot down! Turrets are in the dumbest spots as it is!
  • SeismoMarine
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Dice designers are really free of any talent to fix any serious issue, i am really sorry that i waste my money for that.
  • Shrediron
    Vinotauro wrote: »
    Dumb thread. I don't even use planes and somehow my squad and I can take them down with some teamwork.

How many planes did your squad take down yesterday?
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Theres engineers in this game!?

It appears so.

2h64zzo.jpg

Well played!
  • ackers75
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Oh no it’s battlefield 1 all over again
    AA has turned into a potato gun.
    I didn’t think they was overpowered at all!
  • VincentNZ
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    you know that you are not limited to the stationaries as AA measures. There are also two MMGs that can do 100% more damage to aircraft.
    1 AA + 1 or 2 incendiary MMGs can spell disaster for enemy planes

Yep but that means that 2-3 guys have to team up completely random and dedicate their whole time into one task and nothing else. Plus of course, the only thing it does is create a no-fly zone over one specific area, which is absolutely pointless on the bigger maps, and on Fjell the geography can be exploited so you are rarely in LOS of any stationary.
    You could argue that you are using an asset as a pilot, but so is the SAA user, and instead of a counter it is merely a nuisance for the plane. Further, you are also as, a anti-aircraft team, drastically outnumbered and stationary on every map. On Fjell there are 4 or 5 planes all looking at the ground, they will either take you out or avoid you.
    You could also make a point that it is similar with the tanks vs. Assaults, but a tank needs at least two players to function, and are, as an asset, generally outnumbered, not the other way around, they are also sturdy, but slow. As an Assault team, you fill the AT niche, but you are still mobile, can take flags and engage vehicles at relevant ranges, while you are still capable of dealing with infantry.
    Planes however, are extremely fast and agile, rather silent (apart from the Stuka) and can deliver their payload before anyone ever saw them, or even before the SAA entering animation is over, or before you can turn it to face the plane. And the planes are surprisingly sturdy, can insta-repair, can self-repair and do not seem to lose much mobility or maneueverability when being hit.
    -
    Honestly, I think the Battlefield franchise would be better off without planes or only allow them on maps where there is also a spawnable MAA.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a pilot I will admit that AA's are a little weak sauce... but there's a delicate balance. They could very easily be overly buffed and then there would be nothing in the air, ever. Yesterday I took out a wirbelwind using a spitty... took me three passes and about 3 minutes. A stationary AA vs me at full health... forget about it... especially if I have rockets. The only time I truly fear AA is if I'm dogfighting over one... and even then I've gotten several kills. It also depends upon what the green berries and blueberries are doing. 2 stationary AA's and an AA tank should absolutely be able to lock down the skies.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    I didnt read anything about a nerfing of AA shell damage, but hitting airplanes just give +5 or +10 where it used to be +25 or +30.

• fragnstein
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Was playing twisted steel last night, had 2 maa right by each other that couldn't take down 1 plane. 1 aa had burst shot, the other single shot