Weekly BF

killcam is fine

Comments

• IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    Yeah I understand how the Kill Cam concept works, thanks for clearing that up. Still don't remember it being in since 1942 though :)

it wasnt i said it was from bf bc 2. so stop implying i was not playing since bf 1942 or what i meant saying "every battlefield had a decent killcam" u remember what was it in bf 1942? when u died what did the killscreen show?
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I understand how the Kill Cam concept works, thanks for clearing that up. Still don't remember it being in since 1942 though :)

Wasn’t there a camera pan to the position from where you got shot? But no zoom or anything fancy.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The kill cam looks like crap. The camera zooms in way too much at times or at odd angles. Plus it will zoom in on low rez textures making the game look like it was made 10 years ago
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The crying about killcam is about camping admit it. everyone wants to build up their kd by cheap kills in cheap places. the good players still play good with or without killcam.

Wrong.

I would be happy if there was an option to turn it off or cancel it so i could get back into the match sooner.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't remember bf1942, bf Vietnam, bf2 or bf2142 having kill cams, I only remember the latest titles having them to open the game to the more cod like players.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, there wasn't one in any of them, some of my fondest moments came from them games :)

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    every battlefield had a decent killcam..some players here are confused with other games prob. anyway killcam is fine. a recon should change spots, an assault and medic should always flank and a support with or without bipod should be ready to defend his patrol area. the only people are whining about killcam are the people who camp every class prone behind rocks or walls and spam/abuse semi autos or bipods. this game is not hardcore. if hardcore mode comes eventually it will be good without killcam. dont mix everything up. normal elements with hardcore this game is already a mess we dont need mixed things. ps t bagging is on

Why fix something that wasn't broken.... The new killcam is horrible. I've logged 100 hours in the game and now it feels like COD.

Except it's not even remotely like CoDs killcam at all...
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd take COD's kill cam over this kill cam any day.
  • RootsToby
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its fine if i can turn that feature off. I dont need to see my death again.
  • Tosasan_HUN
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my problem whit a new killcam is a time its 3 more sec to waiting to respawn because a good medics leave you in the ground and if they revive you the enemy shot you down for another 10 sec so nearly 20 s you looking the dust and wait to respawn
  • Harrythehirsch
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's good thing, yes, but the time is just too long. One has to wait ages to be able to respawn.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    every battlefield had a decent killcam..some players here are confused with other games prob. anyway killcam is fine. a recon should change spots, an assault and medic should always flank and a support with or without bipod should be ready to defend his patrol area. the only people are whining about killcam are the people who camp every class prone behind rocks or walls and spam/abuse semi autos or bipods. this game is not hardcore. if hardcore mode comes eventually it will be good without killcam. dont mix everything up. normal elements with hardcore this game is already a mess we dont need mixed things. ps t bagging is on

yes, if u are a kid
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    from now, RIP tattics
  • UnearthedCO
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Why fix something that wasn't broken.... The new killcam is horrible. I've logged 100 hours in the game and now it feels like COD.

Except it's not even remotely like CoDs killcam at all...

Nobody asked for the killcam to be nerfed to begin with. The game was fine aside from the Medic role being a bit too weak. Too many people cry about things that aren't even broken.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Kill cam is not fine. It nerfs the recon and support playstyle. Incase you are not aware of this, but there is a plethora of guns in game that REQUIRE you to be prone to use effectively. The only way to go prone and set up kills is to predict the path of the enemy, often through camping.

The issue now (I cant believe I have to explain this) is that Assault and Medic classes can easily know where the Support or Recon player is to retaliate after a respawn, which can happen in as little as 5 seconds (if their squad is nearby).

Kill cam is a huge nerf to a playstyle that many support and recon players have used over the years.
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Kill cam is not fine. It nerfs the recon and support playstyle. Incase you are not aware of this, but there is a plethora of guns in game that REQUIRE you to be prone to use effectively. The only way to go prone and set up kills is to predict the path of the enemy, often through camping.

The issue now (I cant believe I have to explain this) is that Assault and Medic classes can easily know where the Support or Recon player is to retaliate after a respawn, which can happen in as little as 5 seconds (if their squad is nearby).

Kill cam is a huge nerf to a playstyle that many support and recon players have used over the years.

I Main Support and have had zero problems with the Kill Cam. It doesn't change anything.

1. We already had a kill cam, yes now it's a more clear but it still showed the git who shot me and while I'm waiting for the revive I could still see where that red blurry fellow was lying down. If they moved I saw that too.

2. If your a Support player that doesn't change position after a few quick prone kills then your going to be taken out regardless of a kill cam. Your firing a bloody big noisy machine gun that fires a lovely big line of tracer bullets that handily points out your exact location for anyone in the area to see.
    With Recon the glint just gave your position away.

Get off your **** relocate, rinse and repeat. Simple.
  • trip1ex
    4777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The ones that don't like it are the ones that find the camping spots on the map after playing the same map over and over and over and over just like a real soldier does.
  • StgGorman
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    just played a few rounds, killcam is good. i reaaly dont see a problem with it. actually, it just feels right, right now

before the patch, there was too less information provided
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    also in pc me personally i need the killcam to know who killed me. a lot of aimbotters are on a lot of servers. in other games you have replay of matches for this reason. in bf we have killcam. if we even had a damage model with a bodybthat shows where the bullets went would be perfect too

^This right here is the real reason Ivan wants the kill cam. It helps him find aimbotters. The rest is distraction.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • SirTerrible
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine either way. If they remove it that's fine. If they keep it and just improve it that's also fine. I probably benefit more from it being in the game than not because I don't stay in the same spot for very long and I actually welcome aggro since it's usually just more free kills for me though.