This Week in Battlefield V

killcam is fine

Comments

• trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    mdmnk0 wrote: »
    My problem is this: Battlefield V was spoken of as though it would be a more skill based game, but here are the things that betray that idea:
    • Killcam - reveals enemy positions, meant to deal with campers but is essentially a defense nerf on game modes such as Breakthrough and gives advantage to players who die and call out exact positions to their living squad mates.
    • 3d spotting - even if toned down from bf1, it still exists in various forms with scopes and class based spotting perks
    • Spawn map - you can clearly see enemies camping or running around the field like little ants -- its like a cheater's commander mode

Although I'm really happy with the fast TTK, a fast TTK isn't what makes something a skill based game. I believe the above issues should be patched.

Yeah the thing is none of that stuff makes a game less skillful. It's just makes it play different.

You could say you need more skill now because a killcam won't let you sit in one spot that you found through trial and error after playing the same map over and over and over and over.

• IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    My problem is this: Battlefield V was spoken of as though it would be a more skill based game, but here are the things that betray that idea:
    • Killcam - reveals enemy positions, meant to deal with campers but is essentially a defense nerf on game modes such as Breakthrough and gives advantage to players who die and call out exact positions to their living squad mates.
    • 3d spotting - even if toned down from bf1, it still exists in various forms with scopes and class based spotting perks
    • Spawn map - you can clearly see enemies camping or running around the field like little ants -- its like a cheater's commander mode

Although I'm really happy with the fast TTK, a fast TTK isn't what makes something a skill based game. I believe the above issues should be patched.

Yeah the thing is none of that stuff makes a game less skillful. It's just makes it play different.

You could say you need more skill now because a killcam won't let you sit in one spot that you found through trial and error after playing the same map over and over and over and over.

killcam just forces you to move all the time. and i hear a lot of guys say being static or camp in a place is a playstyle that a lot had since older battlefields. these guys are the same that dont ptfo in breakthrough or objective modes
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    every battlefield had a decent killcam..some players here are confused with other games prob. anyway killcam is fine. a recon should change spots, an assault and medic should always flank and a support with or without bipod should be ready to defend his patrol area. the only people are whining about killcam are the people who camp every class prone behind rocks or walls and spam/abuse semi autos or bipods. this game is not hardcore. if hardcore mode comes eventually it will be good without killcam. dont mix everything up. normal elements with hardcore this game is already a mess we dont need mixed things. ps t bagging is on

Why fix something that wasn't broken.... The new killcam is horrible. I've logged 100 hours in the game and now it feels like COD.

Lololololooooooooooooool

Everything always harkens back to COD.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just think the kill cam is ugly and zooms too much. I liked the bf1 kill cam way better
  • danops3
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If your any good they will just watch how you killed them again and again.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

killcam just forces you to move all the time. and i hear a lot of guys say being static or camp in a place is a playstyle that a lot had since older battlefields. these guys are the same that dont ptfo in breakthrough or objective modes

I PTFO in all game modes, still don't like the killcam. Defending is part of PTFOing -- this is a defense nerf.

i ptfo even with recon and still not affected by killcam also raised my kd since yesterday so i dont see the nerf. bf 1 and bf 4 had killcam did anyone whine about it? no they played hardcore if they wanted kill cam free
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    every battlefield had a decent killcam..some players here are confused with other games prob. anyway killcam is fine. a recon should change spots, an assault and medic should always flank and a support with or without bipod should be ready to defend his patrol area. the only people are whining about killcam are the people who camp every class prone behind rocks or walls and spam/abuse semi autos or bipods. this game is not hardcore. if hardcore mode comes eventually it will be good without killcam. dont mix everything up. normal elements with hardcore this game is already a mess we dont need mixed things. ps t bagging is on

Why fix something that wasn't broken.... The new killcam is horrible. I've logged 100 hours in the game and now it feels like COD.

Lololololooooooooooooool

Everything always harkens back to COD.

looool according to these guys everything is CODish. even though in cod the killcam shows you all the recap of your death
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is, it's poorly implemented and there's far worse issues that have been unaddressed that they could have spent their time working on instead making something worse that wasn't really a problem in the first place to try and please people who said they struggled to see enemies, which doesn't really help with their problem.

Kill cam or no Kill cam, if I wanna camp, it's happening, regardless of who knows where I'm camping but tbh, I only chill with the sniper when I've been zerging for hours on end and fancy a breather. I couldn't care less if there's a kill cam, the scope glint alerts the entire server to my postion anyways.

if I had the option of not having it in the game, I would. I think it takes away from skilled play and becomes a crutch, but that's just my opinion.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    The problem is, it's poorly implemented and there's far worse issues that have been unaddressed that they could have spent their time working on instead making something worse that wasn't really a problem in the first place to try and please people who said they struggled to see enemies, which doesn't really help with their problem.

Kill cam or no Kill cam, if I wanna camp, it's happening, regardless of who knows where I'm camping but tbh, I only chill with the sniper when I've been zerging for hours on end and fancy a breather. I couldn't care less if there's a kill cam, the scope glint alerts the entire server to my postion anyways.

if I had the option of not having it in the game, I would. I think it takes away from skilled play and becomes a crutch, but that's just my opinion.

at least we agree on the part that dice could adress and fix actual problems in the game and not the killcam at this moment or the increased stuka siren lol.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR

also yeah with the recon this is the problem the huge lighthouse above ur head is the nowdays doritto from bf 1 lol
  • fbang
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the killcam. Just think it zooms too much. But the games seem to be flowing better since the patch
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I do and don't want is beside the point, you're still wrong about what you posted, I stopped reading after "every battlefield had a decent killcam..some players here are confused with other games prob." and if you actually did start with 1942, you would know just how wrong it was and probably wouldn't be a big fan of kill cams in the first place.

killcams lile this werw introduced im bf series since bf bc2. in previous bfs still had a killcam with who killed u and with what. unless u are all battlefield veterans i dont see the bad point on killcams as they never bothered me. you guys should cry for more important things instead of stupid things like killcam. start crying with class balance so we can see a change in superclass aka assault

You seem to be the one doing all the crying though, crying about how good the kill cam is and crying at players that don't want it or like it in their game.

I honestly don't remember there being a kill cam in BC2 but it was a great game never the less and the kill feed on previous titles ain't the same as a kill cam, just saying.

There is a kill cam in BFBC 2. I occasionally still play it on 360 just for laughs. I’m guessing you are a PC player. For console players BF really didn’t become popular until BFBC2. There was 1943, but BF as a series really took off on console with BC2. You should have knowledge enough to know that and not be so dismissive when people say every. The point is kilcams have been in the series so long that it has been accepted as a standard feature in the series.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The killcam is too long..
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Perfect
  • blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, I mean, it's almost useless, or should be if you arent playing with your eyes closed, and it will be a constant nuisance, but sure, it's fine, but that's all it is.
  • blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Kill cam is not fine. It nerfs the recon and support playstyle. Incase you are not aware of this, but there is a plethora of guns in game that REQUIRE you to be prone to use effectively. The only way to go prone and set up kills is to predict the path of the enemy, often through camping.

The issue now (I cant believe I have to explain this) is that Assault and Medic classes can easily know where the Support or Recon player is to retaliate after a respawn, which can happen in as little as 5 seconds (if their squad is nearby).

Kill cam is a huge nerf to a playstyle that many support and recon players have used over the years.

this is not battlefield V hardcore. this is battlefield every battlefield had killcam. dont cry about how you cant camp. today i was playing in hamada recon in breakthrough and i did 50 10 so is it a nerf on recon? i know how to move through the map i dont need a kill cam to see where the enemy killed me last time to kill him. also a lot of guys i killed never retaliated back. why though? the kill cam didnt show where i was? also with assault on rotterdam flanked every point and it was succesful without killcam being a problem for my killstreak or flank.

So you're making an argument against the kill cam then? Cuz you're right, it mostly wont matter except to the most immobile of players, snipers mostly, if they are still alive by the time you get back to a position from where you can kill them. But you will still have to sit through the cam every time, mostly for nothing. Meh.
  • Cpl_McCrumpet
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Killcam Toggle on/off, fixes all the problems and everyones happy, simple
  • Assyriansniper1
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just so you are aware that there is a great outrage about the killcam. Also, my squad is already done playing this game since this change. They said they want to wait for rent servers to play hardcore because the kill cam is ruining their strategy and skill of outwitting the enemy. It was always an annoyance feature from the days of COD one. I was excited to see it almost disapear with the release of the beta. Now im seeing that their rolling back everything.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Yeah I understand how the Kill Cam concept works, thanks for clearing that up. Still don't remember it being in since 1942 though :)

Wasn’t there a camera pan to the position from where you got shot? But no zoom or anything fancy.

Yeah pretty sure there was, that was my first BF game and I vaguely remember that.