What is the worst bug(s) you can remember from any BF title (Including BF V)

2»

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There was a bug I discovered in Battlefield 2142 where you could crash any server at will by placing any sticky gadget to a commander asset and then picking it up again.
  • Noodlesocks
    3298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oh! and I think it was patch 1.3 in Battlefield 2 where servers would crash almost 100% each round. Back then, stats would only update at the end of a round and Dice didn't bother patching this for weeks. It went on like that for the entire summer holiday with people barely able to make any progress.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    oh! and I think it was patch 1.3 in Battlefield 2 where servers would crash almost 100% each round. Back then, stats would only update at the end of a round and Dice didn't bother patching this for weeks. It went on like that for the entire summer holiday with people barely able to make any progress.
    Yes, this one could be exploited.. if you had a bad round (k/d-wise) you could simply leave before the next round loaded and your bad stats would not save. It was a PITA though, when it was time to get off the game for the evening and you had a very good round and had to sit there and wait until the next map loaded, then quit to save stats but take a loss.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Getting CTD almost every round now so....
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not earning any company coins for the last 2 months since hitting level 50.

Not being able to change my assignments in game/the fact that it is idiotic that you have to select what assignments to work on in the first place.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetIaM wrote: »

Not being able to change my assignments in game/the fact that it is idiotic that you have to select what assignments to work on in the first place.

Well, in DICE's defense, we all complained in BF1 that our assignments were randomly selected for us and often times we wanted "X" but it never came around and so we were given "Y" to complete, except we had already completed "Y" and got the medal to prove it.
    So I think being able to select what you wish to work on is a great change, if you care about such things. Sometimes I have found myself working toward something I realize later I won't even use.. like a "Mint" standard sight, when I'm currently using a 1.5 x scope (for example)
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The entire launch of bf4.
  • Astr0damus
    BF 1: upon dying you fall endlessly through the map into the underworld of minecraft
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    WetIaM wrote: »

Well, in DICE's defense, we all complained in BF1 that our assignments were randomly selected for us and often times we wanted "X" but it never came around and so we were given "Y" to complete, except we had already completed "Y" and got the medal to prove it.
    So I think being able to select what you wish to work on is a great change, if you care about such things. Sometimes I have found myself working toward something I realize later I won't even use.. like a "Mint" standard sight, when I'm currently using a 1.5 x scope (for example)

How is that in defense of DICE when their system in BF3 and 4 was still much better. Any in-game activity that met the requirements of any assignment was completed. Period. You didn't have to select anything, or wait a week for new assignments. BF1 and BFV assignments are trash.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFH - K10 + Body Armour at launch
    BFH - Everglades glitch where you could be under the map and shoot everyone but could not take any damage yourself.
    BFH - TDM spawns.
    BFH - Hotwire CPM "glitch" where you could just drive around and racking up insane points.
  • PrecisionWing
    656 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dusting issue by dice la with their spring patch in spring 2015. Game is totally broke. Most shells hitting fast moving vehicle wont get registered.
    Took them 3 months to fix.
    Funny part is, after fixing their own mistake, lots of ppl came to thank dice la, even considered it as their credit.
    When you fixed something you broke in the first place, you should not get any credit for it, period.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    most annoying so far in bf v spawn without a weapon after change class
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. worst of all was the endless EoR bug (bf5)
    (thank god i fixed this for me)
    2. the 4 months of rubber banding (bf4)
  • Jarek-CZE
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1) crates through the map
    2) revive tmate = new weapon first
    and more and more . . . .

BF5 is BUGMIX from ALL BF GAMES
  • Carbonic
    1664 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I remember in Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield 2142 that both released with pretty broken server browsers, you couldn't even sort by ping in the beginning.
  • Astr0damus
    BFH - K10 + Body Armour at launch
    BFH - Everglades glitch where you could be under the map and shoot everyone but could not take any damage yourself.
    BFH - TDM spawns.
    BFH - Hotwire CPM "glitch" where you could just drive around and racking up insane points.

I only played Heroes two or three games to get the BFH dogtag or whatever it was.
    So thus far I have played almost all the BF titles since around 2005.
    Most underrated was BF 3(?) Vietnam... those were good times. Napalm.. need I say more?
  • Astr0damus
    most annoying so far in bf v spawn without a weapon after change class

What do you have against Karate? It's a legitimate strategy.