Graphics

creepNpeep
706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Had a quick go after the update.
Can’t say it felt much different.
Nothing remarkable.

One thing that really is standing out now though, is the graphics.

The pop-in graphics look shocking, by any PS4 standard.
Pixelated trees and foliage everywhere.
Worst still, is the large sections of terrain and scenery are missing until you ADS.
If you look in any direction in the distance, then ADS, there is a lot that pops-in that wasn’t there.
You can actually see enemy in the distance, ads, and then find they are behind guard rails, fences, walls, all sorts.
People aren’t seriously happy with this, are they?
Never looked this bad on BF1, which looked stunning in comparison to BFV.

You can even look at the ground before your feet and see the graphics rendering before your eyes.
Takes some 2-3 seconds sometimes for the graphics to “finish” populating.

This seriously needs looking at because it’s pretty embarrassing.

I’m on PS4 Pro, OLED, with fast, wired internet.
Nothing wrong at my end.

“It’s In The Game”.

Comments

• Aldor27
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree with you and I have same issue. I don't have PS4 pro but game looks still ugly. Even Bf3 graphic looks better and last update doesn't fix nothing maybe makes worse. Netcode and servers are totally crap. Unplayable game too much bugs and issues probably they don't fix 70% bugs.
  • dcs500
    1142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can’t really fault the graphics, but have noticed things appearing/disappearing when in ads, particularly fortifications, zoom in they are there, zoom out they’re not.
  • dICEHOUSE
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In regards to graphics, flashing images, just general overall visibility...it's a step backward from BF1 or a step forward if its the ps4 pro's inabilities especially in the eyes of someone that's not 21 years old anymore.

Gonna eat my words from even less than a year ago. Time to switch back to a PC. Got one locked and loaded. Just got to get the OS on there and all the BS with it.
  • Autorotor
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. Ps4 pro.
  • MrWenting040
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They implemented a lot of new features that use a lot of the memory that normally is used for the graphical fidelity. I don't have a problem with that if the extra features bring something good on the table (gameplay before graphics). But I have to agree, the way it is now we have a game with less graphical fidelity and buggie new features. thats not good.
  • creepNpeep
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it’s not good.
    I can sort of live with graphics that are less than perfect (although I am really irritated by the sonic the hedgehog style pixelated trees!) but it becomes an issue when gameplay is effected by it.
    If I can see enemy as clear as day when they are actually behind objects that haven’t rendered, then the same will apply to me too.
    Which means that we are all able to see players that we shouldn’t actually be able to see.

• creepNpeep
    Wow.
    Even tanks and vehicles aren’t visible until you ads.

Looks terrible.
    May have to put this game to bed for a while soon and see how it looks in a few months.
  • creepNpeep
    Ok, switching off now.
    Loads of enemy soldiers in sight.. ads and see them all behind fortifications and parts of the scenery that magically appear.

Really just can’t be bothered with this game now.
    Not stressing, just really can’t be bothered.
  • Lunati01
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol regular ps4 player here...if you want bad graphics try playing this on a regular PS4.
  • Professor_Mayhem
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s not good.
    I can sort of live with graphics that are less than perfect (although I am really irritated by the sonic the hedgehog style pixelated trees!) but it becomes an issue when gameplay is effected by it.
    If I can see enemy as clear as day when they are actually behind objects that haven’t rendered, then the same will apply to me too.
    Which means that we are all able to see players that we shouldn’t actually be able to see.

This. We should not have to wonder if we are really in cover.
  • 3DDDevil
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play on PS4 standard. I think this graphics issue is also a big problem when in planes and trying to strafe vehicles, tanks and troops. It is near impossible to spot anything on the ground. I have put this down to a slow graphics load in and not my old eyes.

So when you are in the plane and look through your front magnified site, things don't come into sight or load into view, until you are way to low to do an effective strafe run. The slow load in effect of the graphics is terrible. Makes this type of play very difficult to impossible. Troops are already very hard to spot and harder or impossible with this problem. Anyone else agree? Is this better on PS4 Pro?
  • Claypole1
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even if they fixed the rendering issues, the graphics still aren’t particularly great.

I remember the first time I saw the BF1 Beta, Sinai Desert, I thought “Wow!” The first map I played on BF5 was Narvic, and I thought “Yuk, what is this?”

I could get used to the toned down graphics, but not the way the scenery keeps twitching and changing shape as I look and move around. Somebody on here commented that on Hamada the little details on the roads were great. Yeah sure they, but only for 10 metres in front of you at any one time.

Has anybody else found the transparant rock on Hamada? I think it’s near Flag B on Conquest, onthe side of a road. It looks normal enough, but when you go behind it, it becomes completely see through, but only from your perspective.

It’s just laziness, just like when swimming underwater in the river on Twisted Steel. They never bothered to detail any of the underwater visuals, it’s just looks unrendered, like a rough Alpha version of the game.
  • Autorotor
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    3DDDevil wrote: »
    I play on PS4 standard. I think this graphics issue is also a big problem when in planes and trying to strafe vehicles, tanks and troops. It is near impossible to spot anything on the ground. I have put this down to a slow graphics load in and not my old eyes.

So when you are in the plane and look through your front magnified site, things don't come into sight or load into view, until you are way to low to do an effective strafe run. The slow load in effect of the graphics is terrible. Makes this type of play very difficult to impossible. Troops are already very hard to spot and harder or impossible with this problem. Anyone else agree? Is this better on PS4 Pro?

Lol this!

Enemies usually starts to pop up the second u have to pull up. That's why i don't fly anymore. Hell even enemy planes disappear out of sight.

How is it possible that this game looks and performs so much worse than BF1? BF1 looked really good on the ps4 pro. I can't play this game for more than a hour or so.
  • Yorksh1rePud
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had flickering and ghosting of tanks on Devastation the other day.