Weekly BF

Developing a "Main" class

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've never really had a "Main class" in any BF game. Sure, I had weapons that I really like, or gadgets I thought were fun to use, but in BF5 I find myself continually returning to, having the best performance with, and having the most fun with Recon, Kar98 in hand.

It's kind of weird-ing me out to be honest. It's not that there's anything WRONG with the other classes, and I do enjoy playing them too, it's just that Recon in BF5 is soooo satisfying in my eyes. It's like digital heroin. Last night I went in to try out a bunch of the patch changes, played all the classes and once again found myself gravitating back to Recon.

I don't care what map, I don't care what gamemode. I'll take my rifle with x6 scope on Devastation and have a blast.

I'm not sure if it's because of how great it feels to land repeated headshots, or because of the throwing knives (which if you can't tell by now, are hands down my favorite thing in any FPS EVER) or the increased importance of spotting, and being a good Recon with spot scope up most of the time for true surveillance, but I think I'm definitely going to be HEAVILY a Recon player compared to past titles.