Buff the medic guns

77TakeshiKovacs
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 17
Please thank you.

[Mod edit: caps lock removed]
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They have been buffed twice now and are in a good spot.

If anything, assault semi-autos need a nerf.
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they went overboard with their SMG buffs. They were in a good spot after the first buff. Now you just have medics running around half **** bullet spraying everywhere. At least that's how my last few games have seemed.
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think "Buffing"" the already powerfull SMG`s is a way to go.
    The way to go would to add in medium range weapons in theyre arsenals.

If you buff the SMG`s they will rule the maps as op AR`s. And thats not what we want.

We want SMG`s to be the "king" of CQB situations as its inteended.
    But sure, they should have rifles, or semi rifles for medium range aswell.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They hardly buffed them now did they. SMGs are meant to be the close quarters kings - though they keep getting outdone by ARs and LMGs, yet what did they buff, their mid range ability slightly.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think they needed the most recent buff.....
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They should have buff a little bit the damage instead of the recoil.
    8+ bullets to kill someone is just ridiculous.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    8 with what gun? Lol
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @smokintom214 any SMG has the same DMG/Bullet value in the game
    so 0-10m 4BTK, 10-30m 5BTK, 30-50m 6BTK, 50-75m 7BTK, and everything beyond will take 8BTK
    now arguably an SMG should do less DMG the further away the target is but now the stupid part concerning any SMG with a ROF below 700RPM
    Any other full auto weapon out DPS's any SMG at every range. LMGs/ARs/MMGs all deal a 4BTK until 10m as well so and never drop below 6BTK at any range.
    so if you talk in in a pure 1v1 within 10m any player on the same skill-level will always kill the SMG no questions asked so to compensate for the lack of firepower a medic must be better at positioning and hitting HS to cut down the TTK. but the way the guns used to bounce around the screen made that a futile effort.
    I heavent yet tested the new patch but heared it didn't tackle the underlining issue. the SMGs are just boring to play with and the "OP-selfheal" argument i see in every discussion only woks out if the medic can survive an engagement with the other classes and that is about all the advantages a medic has...
    Sure its nice to have a medic on the push healing and reviving but a squad of assaults and support will always be the bigger threat to an enemy team then a squad with the medic in it. and sure the SPM is high due to revives being valued so much but an assault can easily accumulate an equal SPM while using the best guns in the game and the most powerful gadgets as well..
    so yeah class balance is still bad if not nonexistent in BFV as far as im concerned
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1852 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SMGs are in an ok spot right now imo. Give Medic a true mid range gun to go along with the SMGs and then we're good!

No they need to buff my Suomi, I'm tired of getting stomped on all the time. If possible, make it 3-5 BTK (I was gonna say 2-4, but perhaps that's asking a bit too much).
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SMGs are in an ok spot right now imo. Give Medic a true mid range gun to go along with the SMGs and then we're good!

No they need to buff my Suomi, I'm tired of getting stomped on all the time. If possible, make it 3-5 BTK (I was gonna say 2-4, but perhaps that's asking a bit too much).

LOL. Suomi have 50 bullets and a 770 rof.
    And they diminished the recoil and reload time...

No way this need another buff.
  • fakemon64
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of turning smg's into mid range weapons, they should just give medics a mid range weapon. Id prefer if they didn't keep buffing the smg's. I think they are pretty fine if used optimally.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1852 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Actually I forgot to mention that the 1000 RPM version needs to be the default, and the specialization must increase fire rate to 1200 RPM. Otherwise it's simply not competitive and worth selecting over the other choices.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Jesus4000 wrote: »

Semi-autos are the most powerful weapons in the game and will be nerfed soon enough, the Gewehr 1-5 with 3x scope is the new Noob Tube - I refuse to use it.
  • fakemon64
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Semi-autos are the most powerful weapons in the game and will be nerfed soon enough, the Gewehr 1-5 with 3x scope is the new Noob Tube - I refuse to use it.

Semi autos should be the goto weapon type in a ww2 game...
  • One_Called_Kane
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Semi autos should be the goto weapon type in a ww2 game...
    To be fair that would only be true for one (maybe two) factions, neither of which are in the game yet. It certainly wouldn't be true of the G1-5, the Turner or others of their ilk.

The semi-autos in this game are no more overpowering to their opposition in this game than the SCAR/AEK in BF4, or the AN-94 in BF3 were in theirs.
  • smokintom214
    @smokintom214 any SMG has the same DMG/Bullet value in the game
    so 0-10m 4BTK, 10-30m 5BTK, 30-50m 6BTK, 50-75m 7BTK, and everything beyond will take 8BTK
    now arguably an SMG should do less DMG the further away the target is but now the stupid part concerning any SMG with a ROF below 700RPM
    Any other full auto weapon out DPS's any SMG at every range. LMGs/ARs/MMGs all deal a 4BTK until 10m as well so and never drop below 6BTK at any range.
    so if you talk in in a pure 1v1 within 10m any player on the same skill-level will always kill the SMG no questions asked so to compensate for the lack of firepower a medic must be better at positioning and hitting HS to cut down the TTK. but the way the guns used to bounce around the screen made that a futile effort.
    I heavent yet tested the new patch but heared it didn't tackle the underlining issue. the SMGs are just boring to play with and the "OP-selfheal" argument i see in every discussion only woks out if the medic can survive an engagement with the other classes and that is about all the advantages a medic has...
    Sure its nice to have a medic on the push healing and reviving but a squad of assaults and support will always be the bigger threat to an enemy team then a squad with the medic in it. and sure the SPM is high due to revives being valued so much but an assault can easily accumulate an equal SPM while using the best guns in the game and the most powerful gadgets as well..
    so yeah class balance is still bad if not nonexistent in BFV as far as im concerned

I ain't really finna read all that.. but I've only noticed the smgs to take 5 bullets to kill at most ranges. Most just die in seconds anyway so there's no point in trying to do any math.
  • IIPrest0nII
    1347 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Don't use caps lock please.
  • 77TakeshiKovacs
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really liked the new smg finally something for the medic. Now just need to buff the slow firing smgs a little bit, like the emp, mp34. MP34 really sucks atm, also the sten is taking to many bullets to kill someone
  • Cropulus
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That is not entirely true, the reload time for the 50 bullet magazine has not changed. I played for the first time yesterday and SMG’s are fine now where they are. They are competitive in their intended range. Shotguns will stomp us, but we can compete against anything else