Buff the medic guns

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    They have been buffed twice now and are in a good spot.

If anything, assault semi-autos need a nerf.

Like he said. They are in a good spot. The Semis Need a nerf now.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    They have been buffed twice now and are in a good spot.

If anything, assault semi-autos need a nerf.

Like he said. They are in a good spot. The Semis Need a nerf now.

Exactly... I think the semis damage and stats are good, it's just the disable range that needs to be taken down or reduce... They can do this by taking the 3x away and give them the 2x and increase the recoil slightly and have it bounce to the right or left a smudge
  • grrlpurple
    799 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Medic and Assault should have had shared primary gun classes from the start...
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    Medic and Assault should have had shared primary gun classes from the start...

No.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They need to nerf ARs, LMGs and MMGs so they now all take 5 BTK from 0 to 50m (instead of from 10 to 50m like currently) and make SMGs take 4 BTK from 0 to 25m. This will make it so SMGs will finally have a DPS advantage in their intended CQC niche. SMGs are supposed to be CQC kings but only the suomi and thompson really shine atm and that's if you're not facing a shotgun or M1907.
    @smokintom214 any SMG has the same DMG/Bullet value in the game
    so 0-10m 4BTK, 10-30m 5BTK, 30-50m 6BTK, 50-75m 7BTK, and everything beyond will take 8BTK
    now arguably an SMG should do less DMG the further away the target is but now the stupid part concerning any SMG with a ROF below 700RPM
    Any other full auto weapon out DPS's any SMG at every range. LMGs/ARs/MMGs all deal a 4BTK until 10m as well so and never drop below 6BTK at any range.
    so if you talk in in a pure 1v1 within 10m any player on the same skill-level will always kill the SMG no questions asked so to compensate for the lack of firepower a medic must be better at positioning and hitting HS to cut down the TTK. but the way the guns used to bounce around the screen made that a futile effort.
    I heavent yet tested the new patch but heared it didn't tackle the underlining issue. the SMGs are just boring to play with and the "OP-selfheal" argument i see in every discussion only woks out if the medic can survive an engagement with the other classes and that is about all the advantages a medic has...
    Sure its nice to have a medic on the push healing and reviving but a squad of assaults and support will always be the bigger threat to an enemy team then a squad with the medic in it. and sure the SPM is high due to revives being valued so much but an assault can easily accumulate an equal SPM while using the best guns in the game and the most powerful gadgets as well..
    so yeah class balance is still bad if not nonexistent in BFV as far as im concerned

I ain't really finna read all that.. but I've only noticed the smgs to take 5 bullets to kill at most ranges. Most just die in seconds anyway so there's no point in trying to do any math.

The maths are the facts while you 're just assuming stuff. SMGs only ever kill in 5 body shots if their target is between 11 and 30m which is the same amount as for the LMGs, ARs and MMGs from 10 to 50m.
  • smokintom214
    They need to nerf ARs, LMGs and MMGs so they now all take 5 BTK from 0 to 50m (instead of from 10 to 50m like currently) and make SMGs take 4 BTK from 0 to 25m. This will make it so SMGs will finally have a DPS advantage in their intended CQC niche. SMGs are supposed to be CQC kings but only the suomi and thompson really shine atm and that's if you're not facing a shotgun or M1907.
    so 0-10m 4BTK, 10-30m 5BTK, 30-50m 6BTK, 50-75m 7BTK, and everything beyond will take 8BTK
    now arguably an SMG should do less DMG the further away the target is but now the stupid part concerning any SMG with a ROF below 700RPM
    Any other full auto weapon out DPS's any SMG at every range. LMGs/ARs/MMGs all deal a 4BTK until 10m as well so and never drop below 6BTK at any range.
    so if you talk in in a pure 1v1 within 10m any player on the same skill-level will always kill the SMG no questions asked so to compensate for the lack of firepower a medic must be better at positioning and hitting HS to cut down the TTK. but the way the guns used to bounce around the screen made that a futile effort.
    I heavent yet tested the new patch but heared it didn't tackle the underlining issue. the SMGs are just boring to play with and the "OP-selfheal" argument i see in every discussion only woks out if the medic can survive an engagement with the other classes and that is about all the advantages a medic has...
    Sure its nice to have a medic on the push healing and reviving but a squad of assaults and support will always be the bigger threat to an enemy team then a squad with the medic in it. and sure the SPM is high due to revives being valued so much but an assault can easily accumulate an equal SPM while using the best guns in the game and the most powerful gadgets as well..
    so yeah class balance is still bad if not nonexistent in BFV as far as im concerned

I ain't really finna read all that.. but I've only noticed the smgs to take 5 bullets to kill at most ranges. Most just die in seconds anyway so there's no point in trying to do any math.

The maths are the facts while you 're just assuming stuff. SMGs only ever kill in 5 body shots if their target is between 11 and 30m which is the same amount as for the LMGs, ARs and MMGs from 10 to 50m.

Sooooooo I am still essentially right lol I guess some just love to argue about simple facts even tho both opinions be the same.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sooooooo I am still essentially right lol I guess some just love to argue about simple facts even tho both opinions be the same.

You said SMGs take 5 BTK at MOST ranges. Last time I checked, 11 to 30m isn't "most ranges" that engagements happen on bf5 considering the most played game modes are conquest and grand ops which are 30-75m engagement distances most times. Maybe if you're strickly playing squad conquest and domination, then a big MAYYYYBE most engagements are happening between 10 and 30m, otherwise it's not.
  • TFBisquit
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still not many medics in the field. Buffed too much? I don't think so.
  • smokintom214

You said SMGs take 5 BTK at MOST ranges. Last time I checked, 11 to 30m isn't "most ranges" that engagements happen on bf5 considering the most played game modes are conquest and grand ops which are 30-75m engagement distances most times. Maybe if you're strickly playing squad conquest and domination, then a big MAYYYYBE most engagements are happening between 10 and 30m, otherwise it's not.

Actually yeah statistically for an SMG 11-30m is the most frequent range when an SMG is used to kill someone.
  • SirTerrible
    1690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Actually yeah statistically for an SMG 11-30m is the most frequent range when an SMG is used to kill someone.

where'd you get the stats from
  • LoZz27
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    question. since the patch I've found the MP40 to not be as strong as it was prior to the patch? The TTK seems to have increased like when they tried the TTK patch just before Xmas. Any one else feel like this, or is it just me?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Azz.

• SirTerrible
    1690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Azz.

statistically speaking you're right
  • BUBBS112
    72 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    😭 medics are op now wahhhh
  • danops3
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think they needed the most recent buff.....

They didn’t! For gods sake you have unlimited health!! If you want to use a assault weapon use that class.
  • VindictiV_V
    edited January 18
    danops3 wrote: »

They didn’t! For gods sake you have unlimited health!! If you want to use a assault weapon use that class.

Right... that's the most cognitively impaired comment I'v ever seen. With that logic, no moba, RTS, MMOs, etc. would ever be balancing anything because people can just play that whichever is the strongest class, character, weapon or wtv. This would be ending up with everybody that wants to have a competitive chance to play said broken class, character or weapon. *slow clap*.

221prf.jpg

Sorry (not sorry) we medics only want weapons that actually shine at something. As of right now, SMGs don't even shine in their intended niche and no medic can compete at medium range (versus equally skilled opponents) which is where most of the fighting happens in bf5.
  • kjgregoire
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    I just started using the new SMG unlock “ZDK 335”? Or something. The new one from lightning strikes.

It’s hands down the best SMG in the game. With the extendo clip you have 40 shots. This gun seems to perfectly rise right into the enemy head if I aim for the upper chest and neck.

I felt let down by the MP40. Using it at close range takes maybe 4 well placed shots to kill. I use the MP40 without ADS (using the hip fire specializations) considering I am usually about 20-40 meters away from enemies while I shoot them I believe I should be doing more damage.

The problem is if assault rifles and SMG do the same damage then what is the point? Sure assault rifles have better accuracy at range but anybody can land shots at 150m with an SMG.

The medic class should dominate at close quarters with their SMG. Or at least be an even match. My point is. Maybe make SMG do more damage at close range?
  • smokintom214

By observing my deaths and kills I've made out of the 350 hours I've put into Battlefield V. You just said that 11-30 meters was the average range for the best kill. But you're just here to troll.
  • smokintom214
    danops3 wrote: »

Huh? Lol
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Smgs still suck. Sigh.