Support (MMG) is now NERFED back to the stone age in BF5

Comments

• TheyHaveScissors
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These EA dopes fixed footsteps .... why , who cares . It was perfect before . Now the game sounds like horses pull carts on a paved streets . The bi pods are messed up , being prone is messed up . How many times do you adjust your line of sight and your player dry humps the ground and pushes you forward out of your cover . Then you shoot and it hits the ground instead of the target in your sites . They buffed the revolver why ? and they nerfed the assault 1907 why ? Another useless untested patch . Horrible job .

In Red Dead Redemption 2 horses poop. Now if they had horses in this game (like in BF1) and they would poop, I wonder how loud the thump would be.
  • Hawxxeye
    3583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These EA dopes fixed footsteps .... why , who cares . It was perfect before . Now the game sounds like horses pull carts on a paved streets . The bi pods are messed up , being prone is messed up . How many times do you adjust your line of sight and your player dry humps the ground and pushes you forward out of your cover . Then you shoot and it hits the ground instead of the target in your sites . They buffed the revolver why ? and they nerfed the assault 1907 why ? Another useless untested patch . Horrible job .

In Red Dead Redemption 2 horses poop. Now if they had horses in this game (like in BF1) and they would poop, I wonder how loud the thump would be.
    You would think that Galactus just took a dump
  • JohnnyBigodes
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you think SUPPORT was nerfed, just play MEDIC.

They seem to be OP. (NOT)
  • ShiveringLights
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah nerfing the few guns in the game which don't feel like a <1€ plastic toy was surely a good idea

Especially if you consider that the Assault scrubs (I hate those things so much) still reigns the battlefield. Assault makes the tank completely pointless to use and a class, which renders a core mechanic, completely useless is a really really really good addition to your game. Thankfully Dice is so W O K E

Just name your game Assaultfield Dice ffs you brainless chimps
  • Foamcow
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No doubt someone would complain that the poop was the wrong value on the Bristol Scale.
  • Harrythehirsch
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's sad but true. The support class experienced a huge hit in BF5, limiting it to a camper class. I used to love support, but thanks to DICE, this class now is almost impossible to enjoy.
  • Autorotor
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whine, whine, whine...
    That's all this forum is anymore.

Adapt and learn, ladies.

I love the part about the 50% off/middle finger. Gimme a break, we're talking about a whopping $60 (or $80 Deluxe vers.) game. It's not like the game set you back $200, lol. And for what it's worth, I don't mind at all the lowered 50% price...that just means more people picking up this game, and more farming for everyone. Its win win.

Soo... You are paid by EA right? Concidering how you write.
    Whine?

I belive that PPL WHO BOUGHT BFV. HAS A GENIUE REASON TO F..... WHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.
  • plasticman883
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are no mortar gadgets, says it all about what the plan for Support was/is.
  • Cerben1
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    well whit the bugged bipod and nerf to prone im not gone hit my targets that fast i need to semi autos and medics kill me middrange close i can deal whit semi autos rest just kill me faster as the gun is not accurat enuf for headshots even whit 1200 rpm its hard as the mg42 is all over the place burst fire is just not ther whit that recolie and our dmg output from bullets are just as love as medics smg now can we have dmg on the mmg in the range of assult rifles. and mabey an buff to use our guns more effective less recoille cose this is just bad. our bippod shold deply faster i think. the mmgs are more accurate when fierd whit out ads and the zoom on mmgs are just crap as its irl an medium to long range engagement gun. i dont pick MMGs to be close to my enemy to hipfire i whant to use them as an mmg for suport fire to hold an area or make way for my team to get ther. in the eraly stages of the game we cold almost do that now we are not. the stream of tracers from mmgs needs to be gun as we have huge muzzelflash and not werry mobile. snipers bolt action is better for run and gun atm i have tried and its better. give us better controll in ads and better bipod and an small dmg bump to mmgs. lmgs are just as good as they wher .

Edit shotguns some one says are good sure if you get ppl to stand infront of you whit in 8m they are but furter away not use full. the new buff to revolver every one can now out dps mg34 whit a revolver now its fun for all right
  • M_Rat13
    398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    As a MMG user I am just a low life noob camper that should be banned for laying prone bipodded with my useless MMG.
    I am just a target for any sniper/assult/medic/airplane, especially if I empty my 1200 ROF MG-42 in their face. They can all just headshot me by aiming at the source of all the tracer rounds.

Yes, I am pissed, VERY pissed. This is not a "Battlefield" game. And EA, 2 weeks after realease you cut the price by 50% - that is just ANOTHER middlefinger to me!

Puhh, I better stop now....this is not my batteldield any more. You guys take care, and have fun with this game if you can. And DICE/EA I will NEVER ever buy anything more from you - ever!

Doesn't the 1200 rpm MG42 only get access to the 50 round mag? Making it worthless...

I think you need to learn to play MMGs properly before you complain....

• alienstout
    595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Foamcow wrote: »

No doubt someone would complain that the poop was the wrong value on the Bristol Scale.

They would also complain about the authenticity of the poop and its contents not being period-accurate.
  • Nesodos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Funny thing is that there are more camping assaults/medics now than ever before and nobody cares bc they love their crutch guns
    Camping medics? I have to chuckle at that.
    [/quote]
    Play more and you will see them too. Bunch of them laying in the rubble at one obj for an entire game, using their smgs like shotguns. Even more are camping at resupply spots like a lot of supports love to.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10138 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Nesodos wrote: »
    Play more and you will see them too. Bunch of them laying in the rubble at one obj for an entire game, using their smgs like shotguns. Even more are camping at resupply spots like a lot of supports love to.

Mate, I have more time in the game than you do.
  • Dral13
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support is fine, recon and medic are still worse.
  • BlindChance
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    That's sad but true. The support class experienced a huge hit in BF5, limiting it to a camper class. I used to love support, but thanks to DICE, this class now is almost impossible to enjoy.

True? KE7 and FG42 are more than capable mobile assault weapons. MMG are just one of possible playstyles support offers. You can be a breacher with shotguns, mobile support assault with KE7/FG42, mid range support with Lewis Gun and Bren and 3x scopes and a total monster with well played MMGs. If you like this playstyle you can even snipe people with slug shotgun loadouts, at various ranges. Support class is fine, you are just used to how it played in previous BF games and are not adoptable enough.
  • SOULJ4R
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Surprised people think support aint that good anymore. I find it just as easy as it was when I first started playing.
  • Foamcow
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Hey I seem to have written and essay.
    TL:DR - play properly and stop your ****'

People need to realise that different classes require different play styles.

If you are finding support to be "nerfed" then adjust your play style to fit the class or play a different class that fits the style you want to play. It's not for the developers to adjust the class to fit the way you want to play.

This never-ending quest for "balance" is the problem. You simply can't balance everything against everything else in every situation. It's foolish to try and do so. There has to be a trade off somewhere and we, as players, need to accept that or just play something else. Not every game is for me, not every game is for you. It is us that need to fit the game and not vice versa.

The simple, inescapable fact, is that the game is designed to be played within certain parameters. It can't be designed to fit literally any possible play style. But there's this whole entitlement thing going on where people say, "I paid for the game, I'll play how I like". Which is totally fine so long as you also then accept you're not going to get the most out of it and neither are your team. It's a moot argument anyway - I also paid for the game and want to play it the way it was designed so whose wish is more valid? The core of Battlefield is teamwork. Something that most will agree is often lacking. You have to work together and use a spread of different classes to support each other. Protect your team mates, revive your team mates, resupply your team mates. It's a game that's less about the individual and more about covering all the bases and working together.

But more often than not things turn into a run and gun fest with squad members spread out over the map doing their own thing, fighting their own little war and more often than not finding they get mown down by an MMG, pinged by a distant sniper, or steamrollered by an assault rifle because their SMG can't compete against it. Then they whine about "balance". If they'd stuck with the squad, and the squad used diverse classes, they may be more successful.

Tanks are powerful! They can deliver huge amounts of firepower in a mobile form. But they are slow (or at least they should be) and they have weaknesses. A vehicle should be afraid of an anti-vehicle class. That's the point of the anti-vehicle class! But a vehicle with infantry support is more formidable. But of course, it's rare that Infantry support their armour.

Aircraft are an extremely powerful asset on the Battlefield. Air superiority wins battles. Bombers decimate infantry. Fighters protect bombers.

Infantry should be afraid of snipers and try to stay in cover. Friendly snipers should be targeting enemy snipers to make it safe for the infantry to move around. Only when those enemy snipers are gone should they target other infantry. Again, part of the problem is that the average recon player doesn't tend to do this.

Assault classes should beat all the others in a 1 v 1 fight and they should be able to severely damage a tank. That's what they do. They're heavily armed, mobile, light infantry with anti-tank weapons.

Support gunners should mow down targets at mid-range but have the disadvantage of a lot of recoil and that they need to make themselves an easy target.

Medics prime concern is getting other players back up and keeping the squad alive. They should be trying to avoid situations where they go up against other players unless they themselves have backup. They've got weapon that can do the job at close quarters but it's never going to be much use against a few players with assault weapons, a posted MMG, or a distant sniper.

I am not a great player. I play for fun and I really don't care what my stats are. The game is fun when my squad/team work together. I'd go as far to say as it's exhilarating when your comrades advance on an objective with you and work as a unit. The game isn't fun when it just becomes a run and gun exercise where most of the players are just doing their own thing.

Play to the class strengths. Play with the other players in your squad. Play the game like it was meant to be played. The game isn't perfect by a long stretch but it is much better if you do.
  • parkingbrake
    1943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whine, whine, whine...
    That's all this forum is anymore.

Adapt and learn, ladies.

I love the part about the 50% off/middle finger. Gimme a break, we're talking about a whopping $60 (or $80 Deluxe vers.) game. It's not like the game set you back $200, lol. And for what it's worth, I don't mind at all the lowered 50% price...that just means more people picking up this game, and more farming for everyone. Its win win.

Soo... You are paid by EA right? Concidering how you write.
    Whine?

I belive that PPL WHO BOUGHT BFV. HAS A GENIUE REASON TO F..... WHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whining is never appropriate. Criticism is fine provided it is rational, but the original poster's complaint was irrational. He complained that a particular sort of MG isn't as accurate anymore, but he refuses to use other MGs which still work just fine. He sounded like a child who refuses to eat his vegetables. Nobody has to be paid to point out how silly that post was.
  • parkingbrake
    1943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Doesn't the 1200 rpm MG42 only get access to the 50 round mag? Making it worthless...

I think you need to learn to play MMGs properly before you complain....
    I think you need to find out what you're talking about before you post. My MG-42 has a 250-round extended belt on it, and anyone can unlock that upgrade.

"Worthless"--LOL, like the OP said the whole Support class now was, hilarious.