What is the best way to practice and improve moving headshots aim for recon class?

KingChar98
22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know it might sound silly but between BF4 BF1 and BFV on sniping and recon class BF4 takes the lead for me. By playing BF1 I liked the way of a sniper worked but not as much as BF4 but now in BFV I don't like it some reasons might be the removal of sweet spot and to get a kill you need the head shots but since is my favorite class even from old games I really love to learn it !

Getting a stationary headshot on some players are easy but the hardest part is the moving ones. Most of the times while am aiming everyone is running around like maniacs and on pc its pretty hard and I don't really want to switch to DMR's because it's not as enjoyable as the bolt actions. So from a recon fan to recon pros or gurus or what ever what are some of the most useful thing that I can do to really improve my aiming while some one is moving or what is the best practice? I also saw some videos on youtube but most of them where in consoles and consoles Vs pc I think on pc its even harder and faster and while I was watching these videos some people they were at the top of the scoreboard only just by sniping.

Comments

• dX_Don_Xb
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bf4 is by far the worst when it comes to sniping, bf1 is the easiest, then comes bfv.
    how is your sensetivity, dont expect to nail those headshots with very high sens.
    i play on 800 dpi, and 12 in game.
  • jaifro
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The best practice is playing the game. Not trying to be funny, it's the truth.
  • Necroholic
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Learn how far the lead distance is and play with low DPI on your mouse. Its something I've struggled with too and I've always played with super high DPI settings. Been working on lowering it bit by bit and it has really helped.
  • brickmortar
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i doubt you will ever be able to reliably nail ranged head shots on moving targets, i know i cant, got hundreds of head shots on stationary ones, on moving targets about two or three at 150m+, dices usual pendulum nerfs on recon, way too slow muzzle velocity, massive bullet drop and movement speed boost on infantry.

If you want to snipe in this game dont bother with bolt actions (garbage) just use assault with SLR on paper they do less Damage than scout SLR but you can spam fire them accurately quicker than you can land a second or third shot with recon ones, assault slr hip fire aint to bad either got many kills in cqc against full autos
  • Nijikox3
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingChar98 wrote: »
    I know it might sound silly but between BF4 BF1 and BFV on sniping and recon class BF4 takes the lead for me. By playing BF1 I liked the way of a sniper worked but not as much as BF4 but now in BFV I don't like it some reasons might be the removal of sweet spot and to get a kill you need the head shots but since is my favorite class even from old games I really love to learn it !

Getting a stationary headshot on some players are easy but the hardest part is the moving ones. Most of the times while am aiming everyone is running around like maniacs and on pc its pretty hard and I don't really want to switch to DMR's because it's not as enjoyable as the bolt actions. So from a recon fan to recon pros or gurus or what ever what are some of the most useful thing that I can do to really improve my aiming while some one is moving or what is the best practice? I also saw some videos on youtube but most of them where in consoles and consoles Vs pc I think on pc its even harder and faster and while I was watching these videos some people they were at the top of the scoreboard only just by sniping.

well its kind of a trade with low and high dpi i played a lot of cs/bf3/bf4 and started with high dpi around 6000 later i used just 800 dpi and improved alot and the same goes for bf5
    but its kind of a trade off anyway,but like always play what you like and not what ppl tell you i´m playing atm with i think 30% and 800 dpi but still need some fine tuning tho
  • BreezyBadger420
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The best way to improve aiming is to go into mouse settings and do the following:
    1. Raw input
    2. Reduce sensitivity to less than 15% to start - it really helps with player tracking.
    3. Use player body for large adjustments, and mouse for fine adjustments.
    Between BF 4, 1 and 5, sniping in 5 is leagues ahead of the other two. BF 5 has got snipers right.
  • Malzius
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its easier to aim with lower sensivity but tonreqlly get use to it you should take your sensivity and reduced it by 10% play 1-2 hours until you feel more comfortable and until you feel your aim is getting better, then reduce it again until you feel no improvement at all, i use 800dpi with less than 2% in game i set my sensivity in the config file, it took me many hours of pubg to get comfortable with a low sensivity like this, really does help for aiming tho
  • absoluteone87
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Low dpi is a must for aiming at tiny pixels.

Use the same weapon all the time until you master the bullet speed and drop. Once mastered keep using it because well you have it down. Plus no cc to unlock anything else anyway. (Maybe it’s fixed cc??)

Headshots on moving players is obviously difficult. No easy trick is available to make us hit those shots consistently. Practice is all you can do.

TLDR: low dpi.
    Practice with the same weapon. Bullet drop and bullet speed need to be understood.
  • 9IronKiller
    47 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you have friends online, squad up and do the training range together. You can then practice as long as you want shooting at different ranges and various movements
  • 9IronKiller
    47 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As in.....shoot each other