Why so many crybabies- squad conquest

buster518
66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 18
I dont get it the game mode works fine and is probably the most tactical skill oriented mode currently. a bit slow would be better with 12 v 12 that's my only critique.

Takes alot more personal skill and teamwork.

Tanks in this game mode are cool because they are a tool for your team rather than someone soloing the outskirts. I make short work of the ones on their own.

If you comment please list the game mode or modes you play most.

Comments

• The_Warminds
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    I play 64 player conquest almost exclusively. I've played maybe 10 rounds of other game modes since bf4. Love 32v32 conquest it's an experience unique to battlefield on console. I tried ww3 on pc and it was ok, haven't tried rising storm. I've just always found battlefield's bread and butter to be that epic experience of parachuting out of a helicopter into a firefight, or flanking on a horse and capping a crucial flag. For me battlefield always seemed like a wonder of modern technology. Squad conquest feels like a more competitive or traditional arena style shooter mode. I like it, I enjoyed the 10 or so rounds of grand operations i played as well. I probably won't play it much beyond the challenges, but i like how bf5 has me playing other modes to earn those guns.

I think other titles do the arena thing better tho; cod, overwatch, destiny (maybe not). I have a feeling squad conquest is going to have alot of similarities to the BR when it releases. "Firestorm" i think it's called. I've heard it will be 16 squads with capture points and vehicles.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    743 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's not bad, you need to get the right teams to bring the best out of it. When people start quitting it really throws the game out of balance quickly. I've only had one game all night with a full squad for the entirety of the match.

I always liked Supply Drop from BF1, with teams that small I think it would work with people fighting over 1 area rather than trying to cover two flags with fewer players than your opponents.

I play all the game modes pretty equally, I like them all but my favourite before BFV was Rush.
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad Conquest is just not a good addition to Battlefield in my opinion. Of course if you always play with a group or platoon then it may not seem that bad. But join a game full of random players and try it out. Game I just played had me as the only lv50 player on my team while the other had 5. Rest of my team was all under lv20. But level doesn't equal skill, I know, but no one in my squad was communicating, no strategy was implemented, they all just rushed the closest objective and got wrecked by the opposing platoon members. It's not right to put randoms against platoons with such a small team. But that's all completely fair, not morally right, but still fair.

My biggest thing is that they basically make you play it to progress in the ToW, and that isn't cool. I will play it until I no longer need to and then never again.
  • RunswithDog
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    8 V 8 is a waste of time. inadvertently switching Frontlines to 8 V 8 from 16 V 16 shows the lack of attention to detail as a whole.
  • The_Warminds
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    8 V 8 is a waste of time. inadvertently switching Frontlines to 8 V 8 from 16 V 16 shows the lack of attention to detail as a whole.

I find it mind boggling that in a project like BFV a game mode's player count was mistakenly changed and nobody noticed. I'm trying to stay positive so i'm just going to laugh. Makes me wonder if squad conquest was actually meant to be 8 v 8.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You call anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion a cry baby? Really?

Is it nappy bo bappy time? Someone hurt your little feelings?

No I'm calling the cry babies cry babies because instead of giving constructive critacism they call the game mode trash in the forums after being out for only one day.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You call people cry babies and expect constructive criticism...

I'm just not a fan of such small game modes in BF, its not why i buy BF games. I can see the attraction for organised squads wanting to destroy randos over n over, but I'm a solo player that just wants to muck around and not get too sweaty while i relax.

In the 3 games i tried, we absolutely destroyed the other team in a few minutes by controlling all points. In the last game, the other team had someone running an ESP who was pre-firing our whole team. Even then we only just lost.

All in all, not fun at all.
  • buster518
    You call people cry babies and expect constructive criticism...

I have to agree thats maybe not the best title for constructive critacism but it does bring in the people who disagree with me. I really made this post to see what those people prefer to play to further my argument and because so many people are calling it trash in the forums when it works perfectly fine and is not even here to stay. The underlying reason is they just arent use to this so they hate on it
  • buster518
    It's not that I'm in love with this game mode I definitely prefer domination or even regular conquest I just find the community really toxic hating on it because they arent used to it

They are a choice like every other game mode.
  • StormSaxon
    539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played it. Very boring.
    8 vs 8.... it was like squad rush... Just a lame version of the bigger mode.
    A bit like Domination but with less action. With such puny numbers of fighters the map should be smaller. Games I played, was mainly running around in laps to grab which objective you lost. A couple of times a game I’d decide to stay and defend an objective.... thinking maybe I’d get some action... yawn fest. 16 a side would be better.

Will only play to complete the tasks. Then I’ll go back to the fun modes.
  • buster518
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    Played it. Very boring.
    8 vs 8.... it was like squad rush... Just a lame version of the bigger mode.
    A bit like Domination but with less action. With such puny numbers of fighters the map should be smaller. Games I played, was mainly running around in laps to grab which objective you lost. A couple of times a game I’d decide to stay and defend an objective.... thinking maybe I’d get some action... yawn fest. 16 a side would be better.

Will only play to complete the tasks. Then I’ll go back to the fun modes.

Definitely is slow should have been 12 v12
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's boring AF. I spend so much of my time just running between points not shooting anyone because the map size/player count doesn't result in what I would consider a good enemy "density."

It really is a lot of "ring-around-the-rosey" (running in circles, recapturing the same points over and over)
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    It seems like alot of people who dislike the game mode are coming from conquest which is a pretty casual game mode and just arent used to a more focused competitive game mode where individual skill matters more as well as working as a team. Coupled with challenges that players are forced to do in the mode they arent used or just too casual for leads to more hate for the mode.

I play all the game modes but mostly domination so I havent had any problems all my games have been good lone wolfing.

What's interesting is someone brought up firestorm. Mark my words everyone if you dont like this game mode you probably wont like firestorm. In many battle royals the fights are squad based or small scale not that a bigger fight cant occur.

Alot of people on battlefield are just so used to playing CQ that they immediately hate on a new game mode because it's small scale.

We get it, you like to lone-wolf it instead of cooperating, passing out ammo, bandages, reviving, etc.. the things you call "casual mode".
    You mentioned you like domination.. this is almost exactly like domination (except maybe dom didn't have vehicles, but it was still 3 flags and running in circles being a one-man-army)
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had some good games on it tonight after my initial reaction was meh. The tanks kinda spoil it but it's not so bad.
  • Astr0damus
    ^Word.