Why so many crybabies- squad conquest

Comments

• stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    I dont get it the game mode works fine and is probably the most tactical skill oriented mode currently. a bit slow would be better with 12 v 12 that's my only critique.

Takes alot more personal skill and teamwork.

Tanks in this game mode are cool because they are a tool for your team rather than someone soloing the outskirts. I make short work of the ones on their own.

If you comment please list the game mode or modes you play most.

Did not read all 9 pages. My opinion.. it's because many find it a capitalistic game mode (myself included) we are currently being forced to play to get a weapon.

Why would anyone play a gamemode they think sucks unless we were induced to do so?

Once this current TOW passes you will likely not see people in game complaining about it. We won't volunteer to play this any more as we'll have moved onto hating the next game mode DICE is forcing us to play for a weapon unlock.

well next ToW is Breathrough required, and Frontlines after that. They seem to force these to populate servers so they can justify a bad development plan on a powerpoint during quarterly meetings.

No doubt. Nothing like filling servers with people who don't wanna be there. DICE's idea of quality gameplay. Sucks for everyone. Sucks for those being forced and those who want to play as they are stuck with people like me who simply don't care. This leads to more lopsided matches as many could really give a hoot... losing is the fastest way to end the match. Not hard math... have the dang flags.. I get out faster.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get it the game mode works fine and is probably the most tactical skill oriented mode currently. a bit slow would be better with 12 v 12 that's my only critique.

Tanks in this game mode are cool because they are a tool for your team rather than someone soloing the outskirts. I make short work of the ones on their own.

Did not read all 9 pages. My opinion.. it's because many find it a capitalistic game mode (myself included) we are currently being forced to play to get a weapon.

Why would anyone play a gamemode they think sucks unless we were induced to do so?

Once this current TOW passes you will likely not see people in game complaining about it. We won't volunteer to play this any more as we'll have moved onto hating the next game mode DICE is forcing us to play for a weapon unlock.

well next ToW is Breathrough required, and Frontlines after that. They seem to force these to populate servers so they can justify a bad development plan on a powerpoint during quarterly meetings.

Wouldnt be surprised. Though while I enjoy BT and Frontlines I have a feeling those assignments are gonna be asinine and anti PTFO (like all the other selfish assignments in the gamenthat promote camping over PTFO)
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    @BaconRebellion meet part of your problem.....
    obisearch wrote: »
    I played it for the 3 rounds I was forced to play it for for Tides of War. Its trash in my opinion and just highlights everything that is wrong with the game. You can see how terrible the team balance is, as well as the matchmaking. The way the flags are laid out highlight the bad decisions for the level designs. Due to the 8v8 its really noticeable to see how much of a negative impact the weak tanks have to your team especially when everyone runs assault. Not to mention the visibility issues and terrible spawns.

I have no interest in this game mode and the fact Im forced to play it makes me enjoy it even less. Ill stick with Breakthrough as my main game mode in this game.

Don't solo que.... everything here you mentioned can be fixed with a mic talking team.

no, i'll que solo and then will proceed to sit in spawn idle while i get the 3 required games for said assignment. i'll do dishes or house chores and just walk by to jiggle the sticks so im not timed out.

win/win

Which I think helps with my point. If 1 player is AFK in Breakthrough, TDM, CQ etc its not that big of a deal. It sucks but the rest of the team can manage. Hell even if a squad is AFK in the 64 player modes anyway, the rest of the team may struggle but will still be able to manage.

1 player AFK in SC and that team is now at such a disadvantage and that causes a giant imbalance now. If you have 2 players camping in a tank at their base in CQ its not a big deal but in SC it is. Thats now 1/4 of your team not doing anything helpful.

Player issue. NOT a game design problem
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26

No doubt. Nothing like filling servers with people who don't wanna be there. DICE's idea of quality gameplay. Sucks for everyone. Sucks for those being forced and those who want to play as they are stuck with people like me who simply don't care. This leads to more lopsided matches as many could really give a hoot... losing is the fastest way to end the match. Not hard math... have the dang flags.. I get out faster.

The forum toxicity strikes again.
    Firstly no one is forced to do anything, they tie objectives to the game mode that's why you do it. Dice has already said they'll be other ways for the weapons do drop, you don't have to do tow if you don't want to.
    Secondly you all spend ten's if not hundreds of hours playing the same thing over and over and whining about it. Yet you all cringe at taking one hour to try something new?
    Thirdly people then approach game mode with a glass half empty attitude rather than an open mind approach, how's the mode going to stand a chance with all this non constructive whining?
    Fourthly people can't differentiate between a player issue or design issue. What does dice do about ppl who want to sit AFK?
  • Redstripe101
    2582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Firstly no one is forced to do anything, they tie objectives to the game mode that's why you do it. Dice has already said they'll be other ways for the weapons do drop, you don't have to do tow if you don't want to.
    Secondly you all spend ten's if not hundreds of hours playing the same thing over and over and whining about it. Yet you all cringe at taking one hour to try something new?
    Thirdly people then approach game mode with a glass half empty attitude rather than an open mind approach, how's the mode going to stand a chance with all this non constructive whining?

you're defending it and blaming "toxicity" as if the servers are just full to the brim. you do know that sales, retention, and player counts support the suggestion that players are just uninterested with the franchise. sorry, but when i sit idle in squad conquest for a forced assignment i want my data to represent an uninterested number in their algorithm for determing if it was a success. atleast the ones complaining are offering suggestions while youre just complaining because they are
  • obisearch

you're defending it and blaming "toxicity" as if the servers are just full to the brim. you do know that sales, retention, and player counts support the suggestion that players are just uninterested with the franchise. sorry, but when i sit idle in squad conquest for a forced assignment i want my data to represent an uninterested number in their algorithm for determing if it was a success. atleast the ones complaining are offering suggestions while youre just complaining because they are

What are you talking about? Who is talking about the franchise or sales? This is about squad conquest game mode.
    If you don't like the game don't play it, life's too short to focus your energy on marketing stats, would it enrich your life if bf5 sales broke records?
  • Redstripe101
    2582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What are you talking about? Who is talking about the franchise or sales? This is about squad conquest game mode.
    If you don't like the game don't play it, life's too short to focus your energy on marketing stats, would it enrich your life if bf5 sales broke records?

i dont play it, i spawn in and hide until the match is over. i did dishes, smoked a bowl, and ate lumch while wiggling the joystick to not be timed out and completed the assignment just fine.

you're just telling people they cant have opinions. i found a fix for it, and youre right, i cant be forced to play it lmao
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played it for the 3 rounds I was forced to play it for for Tides of War. Its trash in my opinion and just highlights everything that is wrong with the game. You can see how terrible the team balance is, as well as the matchmaking. The way the flags are laid out highlight the bad decisions for the level designs. Due to the 8v8 its really noticeable to see how much of a negative impact the weak tanks have to your team especially when everyone runs assault. Not to mention the visibility issues and terrible spawns.

I have no interest in this game mode and the fact Im forced to play it makes me enjoy it even less. Ill stick with Breakthrough as my main game mode in this game.

Don't solo que.... everything here you mentioned can be fixed with a mic talking team.

no, i'll que solo and then will proceed to sit in spawn idle while i get the 3 required games for said assignment. i'll do dishes or house chores and just walk by to jiggle the sticks so im not timed out.

win/win

Which I think helps with my point. If 1 player is AFK in Breakthrough, TDM, CQ etc its not that big of a deal. It sucks but the rest of the team can manage. Hell even if a squad is AFK in the 64 player modes anyway, the rest of the team may struggle but will still be able to manage.

1 player AFK in SC and that team is now at such a disadvantage and that causes a giant imbalance now. If you have 2 players camping in a tank at their base in CQ its not a big deal but in SC it is. Thats now 1/4 of your team not doing anything helpful.

Its both. Its a game design problem because DICE was too lazy or didnt care enough to implement a function that would kick players from a server if they went AFK for too long.
  • Redstripe101

win/win

Its both. Its a game design problem because DICE was too lazy or didnt care enough to implement a function that would kick players from a server if they went AFK for too long.

we arent AFK, im usually moving the joysticks or maybe in the menu for 3 rounds. sorry, like was stated above, nobody forcing me to play it so its a non issue
  • pebjesus
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

win/win

we arent AFK, im usually moving the joysticks or maybe in the menu for 3 rounds. sorry, like was stated above, nobody forcing me to play it so its a non issue

Do u listen to urself?
    Is their no problem, with people in your team beeing afk? What type of person are u lol, one of a kind.

Pat
  • Redstripe101
    pebjesus wrote: »

win/win

Do u listen to urself?
    Is their no problem, with people in your team beeing afk? What type of person are u lol, one of a kind.

Pat

because the 0-7 or 0-8 recon im forced squads with are just ptfo? most of time you have a team trying and one not. i just needed the assignment so idc
  • pebjesus
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

win/win

Do u listen to urself?

Pat

because the 0-7 or 0-8 recon im forced squads with are just ptfo? most of time you have a team trying and one not. i just needed the assignment so idc

mvp mindset👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Fourthly people can't differentiate between a player issue or design issue. What does dice do about ppl who want to sit AFK?

Unpaid DICE apologist strikes again.

Firstly. DICE has said lots of things including having other ways to get at the rewards. Ain't seen it yet. One in hand worth 2 in the bush... I'll believe it when I see it like many other things they claim they are working a fix for that have not yet appeared. Until then we gotta grind out these r3tarded game modes or miss out.

Secondly.. I should be able to play the game the way I want to, not the way DICE dictates. Sorry you feel choice is a bad thing.

Thirdly... This aint glass half full thang, it's a **** sammich with no katsup. I don't like the mode or like to be induced to play it. This is constructive criticism.. if you have to force people to play a particular game mode.. it says more about the game mode than the people who are vocal about being forced to play it.

Fourth.... this is not a design issue.. the game mode is what it is. It's about people being coerced into playing a game mode they have zero interest in. Naturally this will lead to people in game being afk or simply dinkin about till the round ends. What does dice do about afk players? Not much. I do know there would be a lot less of em in this game mode if people were not forced to play it. If sitting in the uncap chasing butterflies ends the round faster... I'm going to become a l33t butterfly chaser.
  • Redstripe101

win/win

Do u listen to urself?

Pat

mvp mindset👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

i have zero interest in playing how you prefer me too.
  • obisearch

Firstly. DICE has said lots of things including having other ways to get at the rewards. Ain't seen it yet. One in hand worth 2 in the bush... I'll believe it when I see it like many other things they claim they are working a fix for that have not yet appeared. Until then we gotta grind out these r3tarded game modes or miss out.

Secondly.. I should be able to play the game the way I want to, not the way DICE dictates. Sorry you feel choice is a bad thing.

Thirdly... This aint glass half full thang, it's a **** sammich with no katsup. I don't like the mode or like to be induced to play it. This is constructive criticism.. if you have to force people to play a particular game mode.. it says more about the game mode than the people who are vocal about being forced to play it.

Fourth.... this is not a design issue.. the game mode is what it is. It's about people being coerced into playing a game mode they have zero interest in. Naturally this will lead to people in game being afk or simply dinkin about till the round ends. What does dice do about afk players? Not much. I do know there would be a lot less of em in this game mode if people were not forced to play it. If sitting in the uncap chasing butterflies ends the round faster... I'm going to become a l33t butterfly chaser.

Coerced? LMAO
    So clearly you admit your a hamster chasing the cheese but then come and whine here about it. Perhaps you didn't understand the previous other 6 weeks of tow but it's designed to 'encourage'.you to play in ways you might not normally do. To complain about it now is a complete ****, hence why your clearly toxic trolling.
    Get ready to be 'coerced ' the remainder of bf5 tow life cycle. What a waste of breath you are.
  • stabbinhobo

Coerced? LMAO
    So clearly you admit your a hamster chasing the cheese but then come and whine here about it. Perhaps you didn't understand the previous other 6 weeks of tow but it's designed to 'encourage'.you to play in ways you might not normally do. To complain about it now is a complete ****, hence why your clearly toxic trolling.
    Get ready to be 'coerced ' the remainder of bf5 tow life cycle. What a waste of breath you are.

Apologists always happy to defend DICE against valid criticism as if it offends them personally... you are no different.

2rz5te8.jpg
  • TFBisquit
    1754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a bad mode though. But with open field maps it does get a bit tedious. Only rotterdam is suited for 8vs8, the others are just a run around.
    Though I did have some gg.
    All in all it's uninspiring at present.
  • pebjesus

win/win

Do u listen to urself?

Pat

mvp mindset👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Dont personalize dude.
    Nobody wants players like this.

U should get connected to other afks so 64 players chilling in their base, waiting for their assigment. Wack.

GeGes👌🏽

Pat

• Redstripe101

win/win

Do u listen to urself?

Pat

mvp mindset👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Dont personalize dude.
    Nobody wants players like this.

U should get connected to other afks so 64 players chilling in their base, waiting for their assigment. Wack.

GeGes👌🏽

Pat

still not interested, thanks though
  • JediMastaWyn
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don't think it is a bad gamemode. Yes it is stale now as there was only 3 maps. But I would rather play Squad conquest than TDM or domination which imo plays out at too fast a pace. Both of which will or have already been used in chapter progression. Where was the uproar there.

But I have no intention of playing anymore until new maps are released for it.