Why so many crybabies- squad conquest

Comments

  • full951
    2424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've always been a conquest player but honestly I've really been enjoying breakthrough.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a lot of fun with it tonight. Carried all my teams lol. Wish there were more maps though. Only 3 makes it seem like they rushed it out
  • Woodlbrad
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its alright long as your team is somewhat decent.
  • smackdye1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is still trash.

    Battlefield died with bf4.

    I'm getting insta killed with a p40 from across the map almost, these guys seem to have apidy senses, I'm sneaking up on a guy, he instantly turns around one shots me (not a head shot BTW) and kills me instantly. Never before seen anything like it.

    I've been playing battlefield for over 10 years and it just keeps getting worse and worse.

    My shots seem to be passing right through them with no damage. Weird.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game mode was created to please Call of Duty fans
  • Hawxxeye
    5214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Of course people will be displeased to have a game mode they do not actually want to play forced on them via the Tides of War.
    The smaller the teams the larger the changes for imbalance due to squads of friends/platoon.
    .
    I played 3 rounds so far:
    On the first two the other side had 7/8 medics who seemed to somehow know each other and were moving in the most commando-like way I have seen people move in this game. The side I was put in could barely hold a single objective.
    .
    On the 3rd round where the crazy medics left together on the other hand the my team steamrolled the newcomers so hard that we had all 3 bases for half the time.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Of course people will be displeased to have a game mode they do not actually want to play forced on them via the Tides of War.
    The smaller the teams the larger the changes for imbalance due to squads of friends/platoon.
    .
    I played 3 rounds so far:
    On the first two the other side had 7/8 medics who seemed to somehow know each other and were moving in the most commando-like way I have seen people move in this game. The side I was put in could barely hold a single objective.
    .
    On the 3rd round where the crazy medics left together on the other hand the my team steamrolled the newcomers so hard that we had all 3 bases for half the time.

    Medic-trains are bound to happen because several of the goals to make it to the next carrot involve things like "Revive 10 squad mates"
    I was in a couple rounds where we ran the medic-train and it was quite effective. It took me about 3 hours to get the new weapon. (I turned the game off after I got it, so I won't even have a chance to fire it until tomorrow)
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played it for the first time tonight and really liked it. I began Battlefield as a Domination player so this felt like a natural fit. I probably ended up in a good group of people because I found the action to be as hectic as Conquest. The teams were also even which goes a long way.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    It seems like alot of people who dislike the game mode are coming from conquest which is a pretty casual game mode and just arent used to a more focused competitive game mode where individual skill matters more as well as working as a team. Coupled with challenges that players are forced to do in the mode they arent used or just too casual for leads to more hate for the mode.

    I play all the game modes but mostly domination so I havent had any problems all my games have been good lone wolfing.

    What's interesting is someone brought up firestorm. Mark my words everyone if you dont like this game mode you probably wont like firestorm. In many battle royals the fights are squad based or small scale not that a bigger fight cant occur.

    Alot of people on battlefield are just so used to playing CQ that they immediately hate on a new game mode because it's small scale.

    We get it, you like to lone-wolf it instead of cooperating, passing out ammo, bandages, reviving, etc.. the things you call "casual mode".
    You mentioned you like domination.. this is almost exactly like domination (except maybe dom didn't have vehicles, but it was still 3 flags and running in circles being a one-man-army)

    Lol when did I say I don't like team play small game modes are more fun because they require more team play. CQ Is lone wolf central cant get anyone to revive in conquest and forget playing with randoms the squads always spread out. Why yall attacking me I play it with squads too I just saw most complaints saying sucks as lone wolf. So that's what I responded to lol.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    It's boring AF. I spend so much of my time just running between points not shooting anyone because the map size/player count doesn't result in what I would consider a good enemy "density."

    It really is a lot of "ring-around-the-rosey" (running in circles, recapturing the same points over and over)

    I mean unless your solely defending in CQ which alot of players dont it's the same thing you just feel like your doing it less because your caught on the OBJs longer because A they are bigger and B there are more players and C the games last longer...but you still rotate alot or at least I do and the people I play with do ( have to mention I play with other people now or I'm a bad guy I guess)
  • full951
    2424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    buster518 wrote: »
    It's not that I'm in love with this game mode I definitely prefer domination or even regular conquest I just find the community really toxic hating on it because they arent used to it
    buster518 wrote: »
    It seems like alot of people who dislike the game mode are coming from conquest which is a pretty casual game mode and just arent used to a more focused competitive game mode where individual skill matters more as well as working as a team. Coupled with challenges that players are forced to do in the mode they arent used or just too casual for leads to more hate for the mode.
    buster518 wrote: »
    No I'm calling the cry babies cry babies because instead of giving constructive critacism they call the game mode trash in the forums after being out for only one day.

    I can't begin to tell you how wrong these statements are.
    .
    1. You all assume that players don't like it because they're not good enough or they're just bad/not used to it. It's almost as if people can have a bad impression of a new thing, even if they're good at that new thing. They can also have a good impression of that new thing, even if they're bad at that new thing. Opinions do not align with skills. For instance, I am pretty good at strategy games, but I don't enjoy playing them. I'm also pretty bad at competitive shooters and I don't really like them. I'm also pretty bad at COD Zombies, but I enjoy playing it.
    2. It's crazy to me how @buster518 is saying the community is "toxic" just for saying they don't like it. It's almost as if everyone's entitled to an opinion on something, especially if they don't like it.
    3. It's weird that you say it's because they aren't used to it then make the assumption that all these players are coming from conquest. No. Some of us came from Frontlines. Others from Domination, Breakthrough, everything. Conquest is the closest we have to Squad... CONQUEST. It plays out the exact same way, just on a 16v16 scale instead of 64v64 (difference in scale of 4x)
    4. What I find the worst about this entire thread is you sit there wanting actual constructive criticism while calling those that *you* don't believe gave constructive criticism "crybabies" and "toxic". When in reality the only toxic thing here is you acting like it's an attack.
    .
    We are literally just saying we don't like/don't prefer the game mode. We don't have to justify that. Sure, it would help if we did, but we don't have to. In fact, nobody has to. But when it comes down to it, criticism doesn't help something that's fundamentally broken. At this point, most players are complaining about a few things; lack of players, the fact you have to play with friends in order to be successful (many players play solo and get matched with randoms), and the mode feels like Domination with vehicles. So what else are they supposed to do? "Constructively critique?" I don't think it's possible for something to change when it's core idea is what people don't like.

    THIS IS A LONG ONE BUT IF ANYTHING READ POINTS 4,5, AND 6.

    @Sprinkles298
    1. None of this is an assumption. It's based on my thousands of hours experiance and 170+ in BFV as well as reading through many forums straight up condeming the game mode who then also will say something like "I'm sticking to CQ" or what have you. People say all the time that CQ is casual and people who play it and love it say its causal. Its shouldn't be news to anyone that conquest is extremely casual so when a challenge forces a mass of people into a game mode that is clearly more competitive in the way it is built it is no wonder that we are seeing a bunch of threads saying it sucks complaining about team balancing all of a sudden. If you guys cant acknowledge a skill gap then you'll never get better. Dice themselves have said they have issues keeping/aquiring new players because of the learning curve. And as many people say conquest is the niche that draws new people in so yes its casual.

    2. Just because you have a bad impression on something does not make it inherently bad and that is the point I'm getting at. If you cant understand that then I cant help you, my problem isnt with the people that dislike it or point out fault it's with those who say its inherently garbage and made poorly. The game mode is good but needs improvement like every game mode in this game and to no surprise people coming from domination like it. I have yet to see a domination player call it out as garbage like these casual CQ players do and I would still argue that dom is the most skill based squad uped or not or equal to squad CQ so it doesnt matter if they come from the other modes they just arent use to anything like this. BTW I mainly play Dom and CQ you are fooling yourself if you think CQ is sweaty.

    3. Your logic sucks in this point to be honest. An 8v8 game mode vs a 32v32 playes entirely different and you seem to say 4x difference like that isnt a huge difference...
    4. I think it's clear why you dont like the game mode. You say they play the same.. you are playing the game mode very very wrong then. Honestly you just proved my point and it's fantastic yall dont understand how its played because you think it's just like conquest.

    5. Not everyone is like you though, there's people who simply dont like it even if they are good at it those same people I dont see bashing the game mode instead say they just wont be coming back because they know not every game mode is made for them this is why many people sometimes play one game mode ever.

    6. You definitely don't need a squad to be successful but clearly you understand that the game mode plays better that way. Gee I wonder why, maybe because it requires more tactical thought out gameplay,competitiveness, and communication more than all the other game modes equal if not more than domination... weird. That's why people complain about imbalances has it occurred to you that you just arent used to this. Seems like an underlying factor in alot of the arguments especially by the things you say MAIN POITS TO TAKE AWAY A. You dont understand its played differently than CQ and B. You havent even thought about why you think squad play is required. ITS BEC the game mode is more competitive,complex. And benefits from communication which all adds up to more required skill that simple.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it

    Yep
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it

    Yep. One or two people can definitely swing a game a squad conquest.
    .
    I wouldnt say its a particularly tactical mode, but definitely rewards a disciplined team who are happy to sit and defend the 2 objectives they hold rather than overstretch and try for the 3rd. That happened on my first round. We comfortably held B and C on Rotterdam and built up a good lead, but then we got bored and pushed to C, took it, but got back capped and ended up losing the round.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played the mode last night, and honestly it felt like easy-mode playing as a medic with random squadmates, and I'm pretty average when it comes to skill.

    I haven't played domination since BF1 (couple of rounds) and while I played some incursions - the smaller game modes nor operations have never interested me that much.

    I wouldn't say it's a bad game mode and I found it quite fast paced with very little downtime from one firefight to another, which might be because I played as a medic and needed to push constantly to be in my effective range. Nevertheless, I can only imagine how unbalanced the mode would be playing with my clanmates against unorganized randoms.
  • StormSaxon
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn’t find it more tactical or hard. My team won 3 rounds in a row.

    I found it a little boring. Not as fast paced as a small game should be. Rarely saw the enemy, ran around with my squad a lot, and felt like I could be playing breakthrough or conquest and get to shoot at people.

    Either there is not enough people in it or the map is too big for 8 v 8.

  • X_Sunslayer_X
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the main problem with squad conquest atm is simply the fact that one squad makes or breaks the game. we were a squad of 4 in a TS server and played i think 10-15 rounds so everyone can complete the assignments and we lost 1 because 3 had a hard-crash and even then only by 20-40 points difference.
    The mode is a nice change of pace form the bigger modes but by god can a few platoon abuse the matchmaking there.
    imagine playing against 8 clan members that are in TS or whatever they use no matter how good you are you will 9/10 never beat them. and that ruins the fun for almost everyone....
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've loved this game mode. I've had a lot more tactical play here than any of the bigger matches. I like pretty much all the other modes too so I'm not saying this is better than them. But i am saying its fun and enjoyable. One thing that's really nice about the small map is it's not such a long haul from one base to the other so i don't have to spend a long time running between objectives. I will say though i think it needs a higher ticket count and i could see 12 on 12 being good too. But still overall I enjoy it.
  • xTheIceWolfx
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad Conquest is the best gamemode in battlefield V at the moment.

    Best teamplay and tactics. Nothing better then be a part of a good squad, everbody reviving, ambush the tanks etc.

    Hope that it will stay in the game forever.
Sign In or Register to comment.