Why so many crybabies- squad conquest

Comments

• Weddellrobben
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People forget that the BF franchise never was and never will be competitive. There were the odd folks who couldn't get the hang of CS:GO and other true competitive shooters and they have been bothered by DICE since BF3 for a competitve gameplay.
    But that's what most people don't want, because they have other games that do it better.
    Battlefield is known for its Battlefield moments. OP **** wiping half the enemy team. Such things arent supposed to happen in CS in well rounded matches.
    It would lose its appeal if you could wipe the enemy team time and again and going 120-5 in a tank.
    That's where Battlefield shines. Wreck the enemies ****, blast 25enemies in 30seconds and be stoked.
    So the smaller the mode, the more it stears away from what makes Battlefield epic.
    Just look at the Battlefield3 rush servers. Most of them run 64men rush on Metro, Damavand Peak and other maps that are brutal. But it's epic to fight your way through 32people to the Mcom and arm it.
    I've always felt most accomplished after winning a 32v32 Metro rush in BF3. I only ever played squad death match to get some assignments done, because its not the bread and butter of Battlefield.
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not bad, but it plays out like domination especially with dumb mates. Tanks feel mainly irrelevant and it feels like it rewards run and gun from flag to flag over tactical play.

Still would like to see Panzerstorm in Squad conquest. C, D, E flags. No idea why it wasn't rolled out on to more maps. Just leaves the impression they are purposely holding back content.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i was playing squad conquest in rotterdam,i flanked B only to see 7 people prone looking at different directions of course i killed them. i ended up 17 7 with zk smg. my point is : to all these guys that said this mode is tactical and skill oriented, prone medics are not tactical 7 people prone together are not skilled. i just see people who abuse or exploit things. for example visibility, tank depots or red zones. and all that for cheap kills.
  • Balzano
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not bad, you need to get the right teams to bring the best out of it. When people start quitting it really throws the game out of balance quickly. I've only had one game all night with a full squad for the entirety of the match.

That's the problem with this mode for me. I often get teamed up with people not going for objectives, not playing as a team, and campers. They are sitting outside of objectives, covering 1 obj from distance. And when there are 8 players that kinda tilts the game. That is why i love the big game modes. there is room for the people that doesn't really contribute to winning. Here it's really one sided.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    474 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Balzano wrote: »
    It's not bad, you need to get the right teams to bring the best out of it. When people start quitting it really throws the game out of balance quickly. I've only had one game all night with a full squad for the entirety of the match.

That's the problem with this mode for me. I often get teamed up with people not going for objectives, not playing as a team, and campers. They are sitting outside of objectives, covering 1 obj from distance. And when there are 8 players that kinda tilts the game. That is why i love the big game modes. there is room for the people that doesn't really contribute to winning. Here it's really one sided.

Yeah it's going to take RSP to show what this game mode could truly become once the platoons get their hands on it.
  • DrkBlueXG
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Although I appreciate the different Variants of gamemodes they are doing every couple weeks, I'm definitely not good enough to be on a 8v8 game, where my actions are far more impactful to the result of the game. imho
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    to all these guys that said this mode is tactical and skill oriented, prone medics are not tactical 7 people prone together are not skilled.

Any mode in any game will be filled with unskilled players who are not tactical and try to cheese kills.

You made a tactical choice and flanked, you got a bunch of kills. Presumably, your actions had a more significant effect on the game than it would have in a mode like Conquest.
  • ragnarok013
    2027 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 18
    buster518 wrote: »
    I dont get it the game mode works fine and is probably the most tactical skill oriented mode currently. a bit slow would be better with 12 v 12 that's my only critique.

Takes alot more personal skill and teamwork.

Tanks in this game mode are cool because they are a tool for your team rather than someone soloing the outskirts. I make short work of the ones on their own.

If you comment please list the game mode or modes you play most.

Personally I don't really like the mode. I play conquest and domination and Squad Conquest lacks the fun of both and seems like an unfulfilling mashup of both. I'd personally rather they bring back 24-32 man 3 flag conquest small so we get more vehicles and teamplay. This (CQ Small) would also provide a server start up mode for the time when RSP launches as well. I find the player count for this mode way too small as well.

Throw in the overabundance of snipers, AFK guys, and the ones who are just phoning it in without effort to get their three rounds of SQD CQ for the TOW assignment and it's a sub optimal experience.
  • ragnarok013
    2027 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You call anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion a cry baby? Really?

Is it nappy bo bappy time? Someone hurt your little feelings?

No I'm calling the cry babies cry babies because instead of giving constructive critacism they call the game mode trash in the forums after being out for only one day.

And here is when I'll remind you to remain civil and refrain from calling your fellow players names @buster518 .

• 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People forget that the BF franchise never was and never will be competitive. There were the odd folks who couldn't get the hang of CS:GO and other true competitive shooters and they have been bothered by DICE since BF3 for a competitve gameplay.
    But that's what most people don't want, because they have other games that do it better.
    Battlefield is known for its Battlefield moments. OP **** wiping half the enemy team. Such things arent supposed to happen in CS in well rounded matches.
    It would lose its appeal if you could wipe the enemy team time and again and going 120-5 in a tank.
    That's where Battlefield shines. Wreck the enemies ****, blast 25enemies in 30seconds and be stoked.
    So the smaller the mode, the more it stears away from what makes Battlefield epic.
    Just look at the Battlefield3 rush servers. Most of them run 64men rush on Metro, Damavand Peak and other maps that are brutal. But it's epic to fight your way through 32people to the Mcom and arm it.
    I've always felt most accomplished after winning a 32v32 Metro rush in BF3. I only ever played squad death match to get some assignments done, because its not the bread and butter of Battlefield.

You couldn't be more wrong, and have likely never experienced any kind of competitive play on Battlefield.

Serious play on Battlefield comes from Conquest Small. No, I am not talking about the 5v5 garbage that an extremely small amount of Europeans played on the smallest infantry based maps from BF3. I'm talking about 8v8 to 12v12 with vehicles, something that is unique to the Battlefield franchise and has been proven to WORK for years on their older titles going all the way back to Battlefield 2 and BF2: Modern Combat.

DICE is so out of touch with its community that they completely threw this game mode out the window, and, combined with a series of bug-filled games, have lowered the player morale of a once very strong community dedicated to this type of play on Conquest Small. Now they have come to everyone with this Squad Conquest, a less than ideal game mode, but a step in the right direction. Why? Because it actually allows for a group of players to have high impact on the outcome of a game, resulting in better replay value. Of course, there needs to be private servers eventually, but a community is allowed to grow with a game mode like this.

The only problem is this game mode is too similar to domination and does not recreate the same Conquest Small experience. There needs to be a lot of changes made to make it into what Battlefield was, which is a point of emphasis for these two new game modes Squad Conquest and Rush, according to the DICE devs. Maybe DRUNKKZ3/Florian will realize that COD style gameplay in Battlefield is garbage and people just want Conquest small? http://i.imgur.com/yh2JnO3.jpg
  • jimm0o
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    phr91 wrote: »
    It seems like alot of people who dislike the game mode are coming from conquest which is a pretty casual game mode and just arent used to a more focused competitive game mode where individual skill matters more as well as working as a team

this!

this mode is absolutely nice. now you actually can have a real impact with your squad. this is a competetive mode and i really hope they'll keep it!
    to all casuals; stop hating the mode and let us, who are enjoying a more tactical, competetive gamemode, have fun with this mode. no one needs another casual gamemode like rush, as there were casual gamemodes only.

+++.best gamemod, finally dice added a real small conquest. played with friends and all love it. the bad is there only 3 map. hope dice add the rest soon.
  • Bamsmacked
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    The game mode sucks.

At least in conquest if you have a couple of dumb ****/bad players you can still win. If you have a a couple of those on your team in squad conquest you lose by a long shot.

Every Squad Conquest match I've played so far has either resulted in me getting destroyed or the opposing team getting destroyed. Literally like 150-0 ticket type matchups.

I hate how I actually gotta play the game mode to get the gun unlock.

Finally, I play BF for the 64 player maps almost exclusively and have for the better part of 12 years and won't stop now. The team death matches and smaller game modes just don't do it for me, although frontlines is OK.
  • KILLUNCLE84
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    NEWS FLASH. If you play this mode as a random against 2 squads of clan mates you'll probably lose. (How dare people play this game as a team with friends and communicate for victory.) Another revelation - If you play against a better bunch of players who are higher skilled than you you'll likely also lose. Anybody else got any other pearls they'd like to share?

I like the mode. Very enjoyable.
  • MAILBOMB
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care for it. Cap flag camp on perimeter repeat repeat repeat.
    PS the smaller cap area makes this possible.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP, it's pretty simple. Most of us purchased a game known for big maps, lots of players, and tons of vehicles. We're currently being forced to play a mode that doesn't fit that description or we're out on unlockable game content. You may call it being a crybaby. I call it a reasonable complaint.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is domination with fewer player.. I dont know what's innovative in that?? i like domination but conquest squad, no
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Squad Conquest is the best gamemode in battlefield V at the moment.

Best teamplay and tactics. Nothing better then be a part of a good squad, everbody reviving, ambush the tanks etc.

Hope that it will stay in the game forever.

Domination is the same with more people, its perfect
  • rockin_master
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get it the game mode works fine and is probably the most tactical skill oriented mode currently. a bit slow would be better with 12 v 12 that's my only critique.

Takes alot more personal skill and teamwork.

Tanks in this game mode are cool because they are a tool for your team rather than someone soloing the outskirts. I make short work of the ones on their own.

If you comment please list the game mode or modes you play most.

Personally I don't really like the mode. I play conquest and domination and Squad Conquest lacks the fun of both and seems like an unfulfilling mashup of both. I'd personally rather they bring back 24-32 man 3 flag conquest small so we get more vehicles and teamplay. This (CQ Small) would also provide a server start up mode for the time when RSP launches as well. I find the player count for this mode way too small as well.

Throw in the overabundance of snipers, AFK guys, and the ones who are just phoning it in without effort to get their three rounds of SQD CQ for the TOW assignment and it's a sub optimal experience.

Rubber Ducky style conquest would probably work really well. Less zerging and more defend/capture style of play.

Who understands the Rubber Duck reference? I'm curious.
  • Prep768
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Linear cap area maps are fine. Gives opportunity for head on fire fights and flanks

It's the triangle zerg fests that bore me

(apologies if I come across a cry baby)
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played my first two games just now. I quite like it. It’s short and sweet which is perfect when I may have to duck out at any moment with a toddler and what not.

First match on Arras was pretty frantic, second on Rotterdam was slower as we penned them in pretty quick. Linear map design doesn’t really work but the triangle layout does.

I prefer the bigger modes just because that’s what I love about battlefield but this is a good change of pace and at the end of the day I don’t mind having it as an option to play.

Just wish there was an easy way for two squads of the same platoon to join together. Right pain at the min.