Why so many crybabies- squad conquest

Comments

• AhoyDrogon
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Personally it's because in the 20 games I've had...14 of them have involved my ENTIRE TEAM not going out from the first flag. It's a horror show of people without a spine.
  • Hamsterspeed
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the problem is not on the game mode itself, but team balance. Like 90% of the time you are assigned to the weaker team when you just joined a new server, which is fine if both teams have similar skills. Unfortunately, most games are very imbalance at the moment. I had a 64 players conquest game tonight and 2/3 of the opposite team are rank 50, while my side only have less than 10... not saying rank 50s are all good players, but at least they should be experienced.

Another problem I see is the tides of war assignment, especially the first one only require you to complete 3 games. Some players just AFK to get it done.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    buster518 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Guys please dont stat shame me it goes both ways high stats or low stats. KD 3.7
    Just cause its higher and I mention it does not make someone and elitist.

It was only a matter of time.
    This is the sole reason for creating the thread. Took you 6 pages to post your K/D. Next time, post in the OP and save time.

Stat shame much?

Well I didn't get a warning from any Mods, so I'm not sure it fits the criterion.
    PS: FWIW my K/D is 8.8 because I don't run medic and I never revive a buddy next to me because it takes longer than medic and I might get a Death.. and we know how awful that would be. I would post a link to my stats but I can't be bothered (I sure do like it when people revive me though). And also FWIW in Halo Reach my K/D was 14.2 (in campaign mode against A.I. bots). Where is my free cup of coffee?
  • MAILBOMB
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    OP, it's pretty simple. Most of us purchased a game known for big maps, lots of players, and tons of vehicles. We're currently being forced to play a mode that doesn't fit that description or we're out on unlockable game content. You may call it being a crybaby. I call it a reasonable complaint.
    I couldn't agree more.
  • MAILBOMB
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This wouldnt be a topic of discussion if not because of the assignment.
    Dude I was just about to say the same thing .
  • MAILBOMB
    full951 wrote: »
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it

In another thread regarding the Squad Death Match mode (5 vs 15 or in other words, each squad is against the other two 5 man squads) I said I would love for that mode to come back. That was hecka-fun. I have nothing against small modes.. but Squad Conquest with vehicles when most are playing medic doesn't seem that fun to me. That's all.. more power to you if you like this mode. I took slight offense at OP calling big-CQ "casual mode"... that descriptor is whack. To me, Casual mode is TDM... like CoD, run around corners and whomever fires first wins.

The only reason I say it's more casual and people say it's more casual is because that's what new playes garavitate to and is most populated so naturally it has the most causal and honestly everything in this game is pretty casual besides dom and squad CQ but dom because that's what nearly all the high tier sweaty players are at and was the game mode for esports.

I do not hold those in high-regard who play domination (with no vehicles to contend with) and then brag about their great stats. I see those who are in love with their K/D playing mostly TDM and DOM, this way they never have to worry about a tank nor a plane. I have always loved BF more than CoD because of the teamwork necessary to win. Maybe DICE is trying to cater to the CoD fan-base a little with these smaller modes (??)

It wouldn't be a bad thing if they were trying to appeal to other people especially with the state of the game now with low purchases and pre orders down like 80% less for this game. And honestly for those good players it's not hard for them to succeed in those game modes either dom is the hardest to play imo, tanks and planes dont matter all that much. You arent dying to those the most you're dying to infantry
    Unless of coarse the reason this game sold poorly is due to pandering for other fan bases.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Having finally got to the end of this car crash thread, my only conclusion is that whilst it was not said in so many words, the OP thinks that only 'bad' players don't like Squad Conquest.

That said, circular objective placement encourages zerg.

Only 2 squads makes simultaneously attacking and defending tricky which can encourage zerg.

Squads of 'randoms' will struggle so will tend to stick together and zerg or splinter and get destroyed by the enemy zerg.

It may well be the 'competitive' mode BF needs but 12v12 as a minimum would be better but hey, I'm bad so what do I know......

I'm not the one placing the bad connotation there's a big difference between bad and casual. This game mode is just built for more competitive play I think it's safe to draw a connection between a compediteve syled game mode and majority of players being use to playing the other game modes that are built to be far less competitive. So I'm not saying it's a perfect game mode but that some of the hate is most likely misdirected because of that reason.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys please dont stat shame me it goes both ways high stats or low stats. KD 3.7

This is the sole reason for creating the thread. Took you 6 pages to post your K/D. Next time, post in the OP and save time.

Stat shame much?

Well I didn't get a warning from any Mods, so I'm not sure it fits the criterion.
    PS: FWIW my K/D is 8.8 because I don't run medic and I never revive a buddy next to me because it takes longer than medic and I might get a Death.. and we know how awful that would be. I would post a link to my stats but I can't be bothered (I sure do like it when people revive me though). And also FWIW in Halo Reach my K/D was 14.2 (in campaign mode against A.I. bots). Where is my free cup of coffee?

Only a matter of time before you had to go and post ur kd huh

• pebjesus
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Stat shame much?

Always the same lmao 🤣
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it bc the only way to win is to hold the flags. It's not about killing. You have to work as a team and can't just run out there. Is it different? Yes, but if you play it with a full team that is coordinating to cap and hold against another team doing the same, it can actually get pretty intense at the crucial moments. Otherwise it is one team dominating the whole time which happens and gets boring in any game mode.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This mode has good performance on pc
  • Cerben1
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fastest weekly assignment so far play assult most of the time do some medic rounds and your done i even lvleld up my smle to lvl 4 when i was doing it hipfire fest whit kp/-31 as medic and done. we did carry 2 snipers trow the hole thing as well
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assignment done.
    Back to the real game.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Stat shame much?

I'd put mine on a medic alert bracelet (not sure what they are called outside of Canada) if it was that high. People need to know how good I was before I die in real life!
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pebjesus wrote: »

Stat shame much?

Always the same lmao 🤣

It's almost as if they put up their KD, pulled the claim that anyone who didn't like Squad Conquest was bad, then started to assume everyone they were talking to was bad after they just told them their stats.
    Only way out is to either not get into it in the first place (too late) or to prove them wrong.
  • crusam7
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Best game mode in bfv i injoy a lot, we can see the real level of players . This mode need only same tweak and changes in maps and nomber of players, 6v6 in more smaler maps will be top.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "tactical" lmao
  • marroos-SVK
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Squad Conquest could be great with only 1 squad pet team. 10 players squad vs 10 players squad. Lol, it would be great.
  • Joimez
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I actually enjoy Squad Conquest a lot. I only wish they would have released more maps for the mode and had more destructible buildings hearkening back to BFBC2. Squad Deathmatch was my favorite mode in bad company 2 and this new mode almost scratches that itch if it got a little more attention to it.

HOWEVER, I think it's pretty lame that a squad of 2 can join the game separate from the other squads.
  • Doomsayer08
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s like a half empty game of domination. I’m not impressed.