Why so many crybabies- squad conquest

Comments

• LeesSummit09
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad conquest is fun, as all modes, IF you have a good squad, giving orders, flanking, etc. But, if you are on bad team, you find out fast in this mode. The worse is when you have 2 players that are on your team, but never spawn in. For some reason they don't get kicked, so, until you quit out of frustration, your team is 8 vs whatever number is spawning(have had as many as 3 never spawn). But anyway, I always have more fun, when on good team.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    I dont get it the game mode works fine and is probably the most tactical skill oriented mode currently. a bit slow would be better with 12 v 12 that's my only critique.

Takes alot more personal skill and teamwork.

Tanks in this game mode are cool because they are a tool for your team rather than someone soloing the outskirts. I make short work of the ones on their own.

If you comment please list the game mode or modes you play most.

The mode has potential to be one of the sweatiest modes ever. It is the team based competitive build. I love it. Just don't solo que, unless your lucky to team up with a stack, your in for a rough time solo.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s good actually. If it was 16v16 it would be alot better tho.

Too crowded in 16v16.
    And too close to domination.
    I like it small and intimate.
  • TFBisquit
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Arras and Hamada are not the best maps for 8vs8.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played it for the 3 rounds I was forced to play it for for Tides of War. Its trash in my opinion and just highlights everything that is wrong with the game. You can see how terrible the team balance is, as well as the matchmaking. The way the flags are laid out highlight the bad decisions for the level designs. Due to the 8v8 its really noticeable to see how much of a negative impact the weak tanks have to your team especially when everyone runs assault. Not to mention the visibility issues and terrible spawns.

I have no interest in this game mode and the fact Im forced to play it makes me enjoy it even less. Ill stick with Breakthrough as my main game mode in this game.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not bad, you need to get the right teams to bring the best out of it. When people start quitting it really throws the game out of balance quickly. I've only had one game all night with a full squad for the entirety of the match.

I always liked Supply Drop from BF1, with teams that small I think it would work with people fighting over 1 area rather than trying to cover two flags with fewer players than your opponents.

I play all the game modes pretty equally, I like them all but my favourite before BFV was Rush.
    To be honest you still get supply drops but the squad leader need to call it in with squad point and there's times I'll drop supplies in heavy comabt areas for my team in general and one for my squad when back capping.
  • obisearch
    I played it for the 3 rounds I was forced to play it for for Tides of War. Its trash in my opinion and just highlights everything that is wrong with the game. You can see how terrible the team balance is, as well as the matchmaking. The way the flags are laid out highlight the bad decisions for the level designs. Due to the 8v8 its really noticeable to see how much of a negative impact the weak tanks have to your team especially when everyone runs assault. Not to mention the visibility issues and terrible spawns.

I have no interest in this game mode and the fact Im forced to play it makes me enjoy it even less. Ill stick with Breakthrough as my main game mode in this game.

Don't solo que.... everything here you mentioned can be fixed with a mic talking team.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    obisearch wrote: »

Don't solo que.... everything here you mentioned can be fixed with a mic talking team.

I was on a good team talking. Still wasnt an interesting or fun game mode and those issues were still highlighted. My very first game, which Inforgot to mention, we won 146-0 as we captured all 3 flags within minutes and spent the rest of the game spawn trapping the enemy. That right there showed me how bad this game mode is. And yes that game I was talking with my squad.
  • obisearch

I was on a good team talking. Still wasnt an interesting or fun game mode and those issues were still highlighted. My very first game, which Inforgot to mention, we won 146-0 as we captured all 3 flags within minutes and spent the rest of the game spawn trapping the enemy. That right there showed me how bad this game mode is. And yes that game I was talking with my squad.

No that's not what it shows at all, there's blowouts of every single mode in this game.... it shows that both teams need to be decent for a good experience, hence the term competitive. If your bad in battlefield you get aired out very quickly on squad conquest.

It's not for everyone... but let's not mislead by saying its bad... it's far from bad it's a comp take on bf and it's good.
  • Redstripe101
    2620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get it the game mode works fine and is probably the most tactical skill oriented mode currently. a bit slow would be better with 12 v 12 that's my only critique.

Tanks in this game mode are cool because they are a tool for your team rather than someone soloing the outskirts. I make short work of the ones on their own.

so 12 players in a 4 man squad game mode would be better?

and the game mode is ok if you have competetive teams every time. but sadly the majority are just one sided matches. so for pub matches its pretty bad to me, only useful for farming spm and upgrades
  • BaconRebellion

No that's not what it shows at all, there's blowouts of every single mode in this game.... it shows that both teams need to be decent for a good experience, hence the term competitive. If your bad in battlefield you get aired out very quickly on squad conquest.

It's not for everyone... but let's not mislead by saying its bad... it's far from bad it's a comp take on bf and it's good.

Spawn trapping the enemy within 5 minutes is good? Poor team balance and matchmaking is good?

Yes there are blowouts in every game mode but they are much harder and you cant exactly spawn trap in other game modes. In SC these issues are much more apparent due to how the maps are designed and laid out, and where the poor spawns are.

Ill say again, its poorly balanced and highlights many issues wrong with BF V such as poor spawns, how weak tanks are and how much they affect your team, and poir map design. I find the mode to be a waste of time and just a much worse Domination.

If its made for the comp and esports players fine but dont force me to play it in order to unlock a weapon. Im only going to have an even more negative opinion on it than I already do.
  • Redstripe101
    2620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

no, i'll que solo and then will proceed to sit in spawn idle while i get the 3 required games for said assignment. i'll do dishes or house chores and just walk by to jiggle the sticks so im not timed out.

win/win
  • pebjesus
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

no, i'll que solo and then will proceed to sit in spawn idle while i get the 3 required games for said assignment. i'll do dishes or house chores and just walk by to jiggle the sticks so im not timed out.

win/win

nice, cuz people like u, this game is ****.

ggwp
  • Trokey66
    8604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @BaconRebellion meet part of your problem.....

win/win

• BaconRebellion
    Trokey66 wrote: »

win/win

Which I think helps with my point. If 1 player is AFK in Breakthrough, TDM, CQ etc its not that big of a deal. It sucks but the rest of the team can manage. Hell even if a squad is AFK in the 64 player modes anyway, the rest of the team may struggle but will still be able to manage.

1 player AFK in SC and that team is now at such a disadvantage and that causes a giant imbalance now. If you have 2 players camping in a tank at their base in CQ its not a big deal but in SC it is. Thats now 1/4 of your team not doing anything helpful.
  • G-Gnu
    1462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

win/win

Which I think helps with my point. If 1 player is AFK in Breakthrough, TDM, CQ etc its not that big of a deal. It sucks but the rest of the team can manage. Hell even if a squad is AFK in the 64 player modes anyway, the rest of the team may struggle but will still be able to manage.

1 player AFK in SC and that team is now at such a disadvantage and that causes a giant imbalance now. If you have 2 players camping in a tank at their base in CQ its not a big deal but in SC it is. Thats now 1/4 of your team not doing anything helpful.
    Blame it on DICE then , forcing players into a mode that are not their cup of tea might do this.
    On the other hand it will only be 3 rounds.
  • BaconRebellion
    G-Gnu wrote: »

win/win

Blame it on DICE then , forcing players into a mode that are not their cup of tea might do this.
    On the other hand it will only be 3 rounds.

At least 3. And yes I do blame DICE for forcing players to play a game mode they dont enjoy for a weapon. I personally find the mode to be terrible but thats also because Im forced to play for at least 3 rounds. I also dont find it fun either and prefer the bigger game modes overall
  • Redstripe101

win/win

i'll be whatever you want me to be lol
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Did not read all 9 pages. My opinion.. it's because many find it a capitalistic game mode (myself included) we are currently being forced to play to get a weapon.

Why would anyone play a gamemode they think sucks unless we were induced to do so?

Once this current TOW passes you will likely not see people in game complaining about it. We won't volunteer to play this any more as we'll have moved onto hating the next game mode DICE is forcing us to play for a weapon unlock.
  • Redstripe101

Did not read all 9 pages. My opinion.. it's because many find it a capitalistic game mode (myself included) we are currently being forced to play to get a weapon.

Why would anyone play a gamemode they think sucks unless we were induced to do so?

Once this current TOW passes you will likely not see people in game complaining about it. We won't volunteer to play this any more as we'll have moved onto hating the next game mode DICE is forcing us to play for a weapon unlock.

well next ToW is Breathrough required, and Frontlines after that. They seem to force these to populate servers so they can justify a bad development plan on a powerpoint during quarterly meetings.