Anyone else think squad conquest is really boring?

Stinkfinger1345
71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It’s just a snooze fest. Not enough players I think. And every game is a total destruction of one team. Haven’t lost or had a close game in 10 games...

Comments

• Aflag666
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to be just Domination with 8 players? It's okay for a bit in terms of having to do for the new whatever it is story thingy. But only because I don't particularly care for Grand Operations and if I could ride that out for the last whodja ma what's it, I can happily cruz through these small map, quick games that are the requirement for this first week ;) Happiness is a relative afterall.
  • Adumbscreename
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually love it... Close quarters is always awesome.
  • sbvaughn88
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played it for the first time tonight. Some games were fun but it was a bit campy. I suppose it’s everyone wanting to get the 10 defensive kills for the new gun. Seems a bit like domination. Might play it some more?
  • skins4ever21
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was awful in my opinion.
  • XxmOss72xX
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was very, meh :neutral: to me... I, too, was on a team that just dominated the whole time. Played for two... two and a half hours yesterday... got the ToW smg starting from scratch... didn't lose a single game. :neutral: meh
  • UGFREEZEIY
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reminds me of COD, but with a chance for tanks to be roaming around. It is almost exactly like how frontlines small is, you have one good squad it is in the bag and to quick.
  • XGodSaysNoX
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's fun IMHO, had some close games. But yeah, if you're playing with a bunch of morons who just want to run around doing their own thing, it can be painfully one sided.
  • biketankbob
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't find it boring,just frustrating trying to win 1 game to complete TOW is getting really old. I have been on 1 winning team in 2 days of playing 8 +hrs.
  • DevilsBathtub
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant even have a shot somehow.?
    Server browsing and matchmaking fails.
    Tips?
  • UnholyLime
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    so boring, it was like playing on an empty server. maybe if the maps where even smaller and lower the score to win.

edit: some maps work and really fun, but still think the score is to high. the matches take to long.
    Post edited by UnholyLime on
  • TectonicGuns
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO it's a good as a option with the new TOW. Like these temporary alternate-mode games because the servers are always populated for the weeks its running. Hard to find servers other than Conquest and TDM after a year or so with previous titles. Personally,. I was having fun playing this mode. The maps being small and only three flags made tactics simple and strategy even more so, break the take, re-take cycle somehow usually by playing defense. But its still a shooter with plenty of action for 8v8. Nice break from a Conquest die-fest. I play to win, not score, so it takes a lot for winning to get boring. Every game is also practice for the next.
  • Birkhoff9200
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Very bad and boring for me .... won many games but is too fast ... and I don't like game as CoD .
  • georgeanzelon
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    Seems every game is one sided. First game was good right til the end. Enemy team held all zones and we couldn't retake a single one. Seems way to set up for just defending. Of course I literally suck at bf5 for some reason.
  • CosmicStriker
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes it was in bf3 and still is, the only thing in bf3 it was like 4 squads vs eachother (squad deathmatch)
  • moosehunter1969
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Matches take too long??? Don’t think I’ve been in one yet that’s lasted more than 15 minutes.
    I’ve enjoyed it but it won’t replace my Frontlines as my favourite.
  • Doc943
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quick and simple shoot-fest. Rewards are minimal and construction is pointless as it’s over too quick. I prefer something more challenging that bring out the best of classes that rely on more than shoot and kill (or miss in my case).
  • Aflag666
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to update my opinion on this one. Did not think the game mode was great, but felt it wasn't horrible either. Just so so. Now, after playing many matches to get my stuff done and then help out others, I have found a lot of enjoyment in this game mode. Of course it's when you have two decent teams this game mode gets super fun. The game mode can be horrible if one team is not doing the work. And I am surprised to see over 50k in squad points coming during this game mode. Last night had many V1 rockets which seemed crazy given there are only 8 people to target. And to be fair, I missed calling in most of them because we were so busy fighting down to the wire. But this game mode is going to be a big help for the next week of assignments. One is to call in I think 20 supply drops. WIth the squad points you can get in Squad Conquest, this should be a relatively easy task.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played squad conquest all weekend, and I never had a problem with running into empty servers. I think the gamemode is fun because it makes communication a huge factor in gameplay.
  • DarkestHour138
    897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the game mode. Wish it was on more than three maps but overall having a good time with it.

My experience has been the opposite as OP, all matches have been close except for one or two. We had one match where we were down 4-16 and ended up winning the match 4-0, that would never happen in normal conquest.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't played it since the first day it released. If I wanted a small gamemode I'd probably go Frontlines, nothing smaller unless it's competitive mode.