Squad Conquest must stay in the game!!

Comments

• VincentNZ
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I am sure it stays. Maybe they will even do some events around it or introduce a ladder system to please the competitive crowd. As far as that is concerned it definitely is the most competitive mode of the game. It is tactical, fast, needs coordination, communication and teamplay, while also rewarding personal skillsets besides aiming. However there are issues with it.
    Yesterday we played in a group of four and won probably 20 rounds while losing one, and I can not recall what happened there. For general pubs this can turn into a frustrating experience, although apart from us I rarely saw more than two people with the same tag. I would increase the player count to 12vs12. I think the maps are big enough to support it and it would allow to attack two flags at once. This would also resolve the issue of tanks having no gunner and increase their survivability.
    For further maps I would also look at increasing the vehicle's role slightly or to allow only certain types. I've seen too many MAAs in that mode. V1 obviously has to go and be replaced with other squad rewards. Pakwagen for example, a halftrack and the smoke barrage that is meant to come soon.

It's a timed event. Till the end of the month after next week's ToW.. if it's still highly played after everyone got TOW finished dinner may consider keeping it, I hope they do, and aswell as rush

Oh, really? I thought Rush was the only timed mode. What a bugger. I do think rotating gamemodes that are not core is a good idea, especially further down the road with less players on the game, but I would have phased out TDM and/or Domination for the time being and bring it back at a later stage to phase out other modes.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am sure it stays. Maybe they will even do some events around it or introduce a ladder system to please the competitive crowd. As far as that is concerned it definitely is the most competitive mode of the game. It is tactical, fast, needs coordination, communication and teamplay, while also rewarding personal skillsets besides aiming. However there are issues with it.
    Yesterday we played in a group of four and won probably 20 rounds while losing one, and I can not recall what happened there. For general pubs this can turn into a frustrating experience, although apart from us I rarely saw more than two people with the same tag. I would increase the player count to 12vs12. I think the maps are big enough to support it and it would allow to attack two flags at once. This would also resolve the issue of tanks having no gunner and increase their survivability.
    For further maps I would also look at increasing the vehicle's role slightly or to allow only certain types. I've seen too many MAAs in that mode. V1 obviously has to go and be replaced with other squad rewards. Pakwagen for example, a halftrack and the smoke barrage that is meant to come soon.

It's a timed event. Till the end of the month after next week's ToW.. if it's still highly played after everyone got TOW finished dinner may consider keeping it, I hope they do, and aswell as rush

Oh, really? I thought Rush was the only timed mode. What a bugger. I do think rotating gamemodes that are not core is a good idea, especially further down the road with less players on the game, but I would have phased out TDM and/or Domination for the time being and bring it back at a later stage to phase out other modes.

Yeah they are only timed events. It's just not talked about... Or listed unfortunately.... But that's what was said by dice and to expect I suppose
  • j232211V7
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The best game mode in the game (with domination). I think that the best teamplayers are in that gamemode. The biggest different with domination is the adding of 1 vehicle per team. This make the gamemode fresh, after 8 games domination i'm a little bored but yesterday a played squad conquest for 6 hours. Last time a played so long was with battlefield 3 squad rush.

Only downside is when you stuck up with clueless squadmembers, only solution is quitting and start a new game.

I'm hoping this gamemode stays longer then only this month. What do you guys think, must the gamemode stay in the game?

100% agree. We love this mode. My noob friends are coming back to BF5 because if this. They love team work in small numbers.
  • IIIJPZ9III
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like this game mode, tactical, it just needs some tweaks, more maps and proper matchmaking.
  • Dr_X2345
    749 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it, hopefully they add more maps if they decide to keep it in the game. I will say that I noticed a lot of the enemy team (especially on Rotterdam) just sitting in corners?
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they keep it and add more tickets, some games are over faster than it takes to load the map in.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wouldn't mind if it stayed, I just earned my ZK-383 and had quite a bit of fun doing it. It's a pretty intense game mode. Although I will say that if you end up in a bad squad, on a bad team... Prepare for an azz whooping of epic proportions. I had a few of those games yesturday. :wink:
  • MrMojayy
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    Myself and my buddies played this for a few hours last night and we loved it, tighter squad play, playing the objective matters, defense is also a key component instead of just running around zerging the flags, we had some very close rounds last night, one round we were loosing, the enemy had 39 tickets and we had 4 and held 2 flags, we tightened up as a squad and defended/revived like mad men, as did the other squad, we eventually won that round with a final score of 1-0, those last few moments of the round were thrilling and brought back that same feeling I got from playing BF2142 back in the day.
    Game mode needs more maps, 3 maps is not enough and the mode will die quickly if more are not added real soon.
  • Noodlesocks
    2080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    I would love it if they were to incorporate it into regular Conquest servers for when the player count drops below 16 players and able to increase again if the server goes above 24 players or something. Obviously allowing server admins to turn this off or on without affecting matchmaking viability.
  • CaptHotah
    942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    Personally i love squad conqueast. Please bring it to all the maps.
    Post edited by CaptHotah on
  • thebossman2202
    351 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its starting to grow on me. It reminds alot team based fighting games.

Everyone, from Scoug Support Assualt and Medic can shine on Sqaud conquest IMO.

Games are usually very close and there is always room for a comeback!
  • xTheIceWolfx
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to see that more people want this gamemode to stay. For me (after four days playing this gamemode) this is the only reason to play battlfield V right now.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    Been playing it quite a bit, SPM has rocketed up. It would be good to get more than 3 maps... Rotterdam, Hamada and Arras rotates quickly. Hopefully DICE will keep it in as it seems popular. Also 8 v 8 runs really smoothly on my PC, 64 man Conquest does not
  • UnearthedCO
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1 Vote for Squad Conquest to stay. The best game mode is Frontlines and Squad Conquest is a close second. Very fun and very tactical. Good Job DICE!
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    It should stay but i think it should be 16 vs 16 and you should be able to communicate with the other squad leaders to capture different points at the same time.

Totally agree.
  • GirlMisfit
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can agree to leave it as a play style, but I'm no fan of it. We played it alot this past weekend with a squad of 4 with all mics. We found the game unbalanced as our team had 5 players to the other teams 7 players. This has happened to me before where I'm on a team short a few people and just get steam rolled. In the bigger games those one or two people coming and going doesn't hurt as bad, but for a team of 8.....ouch.
  • Tremu1ant
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People calling for game modes to be cut. lewl.

Squad Conquest is awesome. It's reminiscent of competitive 5v5 and 10v10 from previous titles, where a lot of us "veteran" competitive players cut our teeth. Don't axe it just because you can't hack it!

I understand the gripes though. Team balancing is awful. We can't switch teams manually. If me and a squad are rolling another team, we want the ability to switch. Not having proper game balance really sours the experience for those who are not familiar with the game mode or don't like the fast, close quarters pace of it.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the mode is leagues better than domination. It's a great break from the standard conquest. Also great for potential platoon scrims in the future.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gone back to Squad Conquest, after Breakthrough I have realised it's good fun

Judging by how many and how well populated SC is DICE will give us more maps and keep the game-mode alive. I'm sure DICE have analytics software to tell them how popular it is. Devastation SC please
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want it to be permanent too. It is my favorite game mode and the game gameplay is more thought out and tactical.
    I don't know why they would take it away anyway, it is the most played mode with the most servers daily on Xbox in North America at least.
    That should be a Huge hint to Dice since my use to be favorite mode Conquest is an unbalanced mess in this game.
    Wish they would bring back CQ Small as a permanent mode.