Why does my spot icon disappear?

Jedi76
828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 18
With the poor visibility in this game I have, when playing Recon, taken to looking around with my spotting scope quite a bit (especially on Fjell, where people just blend into the mountain-sides).

However, when I make a spot, then change to my rifle and look down the scope, the spot icon disappears?

Is this a bug or is it intentional?

It's not the worst thing in the world, but would help a bit with target acquisition, especially on maps like Fjell. The whole reason I use the scope is to help me hit the target in poor visibility maps.

On PS4 by the way...

Comments

• Twitch__NorkDorf
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When spotting its not going to stay there the whole game. It's a quick thing....
  • PrairieGeek
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    also while I understand why it can be annoying how distance makes the markers fade. Even on blueberries the marker fades over distance. Just a new thing that takes some getting used to. good thing there isn't friendly fire as I often take a test shot to see if I get a hit marker then realize they are friendly.
  • ackers75
    1916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bravo for using the spotting scope.
    Team work in this game is long gone.
  • Nesodos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When spotting its not going to stay there the whole game. It's a quick thing....

The spotting duration was definitely longer before the update.
    It seems that spotting is bugged in general right now. Too many markers just disappear when a fresh spotted dude gets behind cover and out again.