RTX 2070 Great FPS but really bad stuttering.

Solid_SkG
1133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Yesterday i upgraded to RTX 2070 and loaded BFV up to check my performance,my FPS was around 130-144 but i had huge stuttering and in my screen it was like playing with 30 fps.

I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers and the latest windows update last night and when i loaded BFV again everything was running more than great(130-144 fps with 0 stutters and very smooth image).

After restaring my computer this morning the stuttering came back and i cant find any solution to fix this horrible stutters.I am pairing my 2070 with an i7 8700k and 16gb DDR4 ram.

I would appreciate any helpfull tips,the performance with this card is magnificent but those stutters is killing me

I am running the game on DX12, FFR OFF and everything on ultra,imo i dont think its the in game settings because like i said above last night i had 0 issues regarding stutters.

Comments

• Shakecip
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Interesting, i have a 6700k and 2070 rtx 16 gb ram but for me the stutters begin only when i have dxr on and without is pretty smooth with some hitching here and there. I can't understand why with dxr on i have those ugly stutters like i have 30 fps too.
  • Pelliy
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    its defeintely the game. I'm having issues with my 970 setup. doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to notice the difference.
  • StarIancer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had the samenissue with my 2080, switching to Dx11 fixed it
  • RubberduckyAuA
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @shakecip I have the same combo and I am getting 60-100 fps and gameplay is not smooth at all :( Is your 6700k overclocked?
  • Shakecip
    Yes it is overcloked at 4.5 ghz.
  • RubberduckyAuA
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @chakecip mine too.. I'm playing 1080p 144hz you?
  • SCADAguy
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DX12 is the problem. Using Vega 64 here. After a suggestion about turning off Onedrive, I got the game to the point where the game was playable. However, it still is not as smooth as DX11. It was good but noticeable enough it effected my playing so I went back to DX11.

Does the new raytrace stuff only work with DX12? If so, I feel for the RTX owners then as it appears DX12 and BF5 just aren't there yet.
  • Shakecip
    1080p and just 60 hz.
  • Solid_SkG
    1133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SCADAguy wrote: »
    DX12 is the problem. Using Vega 64 here. After a suggestion about turning off Onedrive, I got the game to the point where the game was playable. However, it still is not as smooth as DX11. It was good but noticeable enough it effected my playing so I went back to DX11.

Does the new raytrace stuff only work with DX12? If so, I feel for the RTX owners then as it appears DX12 and BF5 just aren't there yet.

Last night after i updated my windows DX12 was working perfectly fine,better than DX11
  • YourLocalPlumber
    1849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have you tried other game to see if they run smooth?
  • jaifro
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Exactly the same issue with the spec in my signature.

Was running 100% perfectly since BETA on these settings until the update. Then BAM stuttering everywhere.
  • mendez84
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I play on my RTX2080 and I have no issues so far , I always see people complaining about that and they all say they having 144fps +++ , wondering if monitors have to do it that ...
  • TehPik
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    don't use the latest nvidia drivers

i reverted today to 417.35, all stutter gone and more stable fps
  • Solid_SkG
    Thanks for the tips guys.

It turned out that Adaptive sync was causing the choppy/jittery image and everything works perfectly when i turn G Sync off.

Now i dont understand why Adaptive sync does that,it was working perfectly with my 1060 before upgrading and i have turned V sync on through Nvidia control panel and capped my framerate as well.