Please stop trying to casualize the game

Skitelz7
923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 18
First we got spotted on the map after each kill and they said it was a "bug".
Then they raised the TTK to help the noobs not die as much.
Now we get a cheat cam that zooms in and follows your killer and is as long as a MGS cutscene.
Please stop doing these things in hopes of getting more sales. You won't.
The only thing you're doing is driving alway your core community, and those are the only people keeping this game alive.
Thanks!

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We need a mod so we can hear "Snake? Snake! Snaaaaaakeeeeeeee!" when dead.
  • -gD-Kalt
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i agree. the foot steps pretty much remove sneaking around. i also cant tell what the hell is an enemy or squad member.
    i was thinking the same thing, they making it dumb like overwatch, everyone can get a kill or think they did...
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -gD-Kalt wrote: »
    i agree. the foot steps pretty much remove sneaking around...

Pro tip, you're more quiet when you crouch sprint, and are virtually silent when you crouch walk.
  • Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i agree. the foot steps pretty much remove sneaking around. i also cant tell what the hell is an enemy or squad member.
    i was thinking the same thing, they making it dumb like overwatch, everyone can get a kill or think they did...

That's another thing I forgot to mention.
    The footsteps sounds are ridiculously loud and makes it super difficult to flank even when crouching.
  • Skitelz7
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Pro tip, you're more quiet when you crouch sprint, and are virtually silent when you crouch walk.

Which makes no sense since normal walking speed is way louder than crouch sprinting and crouch sprinting is almost as fast as normal sprint.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

Which makes no sense since normal walking speed is way louder than crouch sprinting and crouch sprinting is almost as fast as normal sprint.

Normal walking, like slow moving, seems to be pretty silent as well, I've snuck up behind people doing so. Full speed and sprint seem to be the footsteps you can hear from like 15m away.

Doesn't matter much because the only full silent form of traversal is objectively the slowest. You can still technically hear people crouch sprinting if you're actually listening for footsteps.
  • Trokey66
    8155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not again......?
  • Loqtrall
    You do realize they made the killcam change based on feedback, right? Not to casualized the game and attract more players.

Feedback from who? People asked for a more detailed kill card. Not zooming in to your killer's nostrils and following him back home after the war.

Feedback from people in this community. If you truly think people in this community, from the forum to reddit to Twitter, didn't ask for these changes, you're delusional or ignorant of the fact. You can't ignore the feedback of others simply because you, yourself, didn't ask for it.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First we got spotted on the map after each kill and they said it was a "bug".
    Then they raised the TTK to help the noobs not die as much.
    Now we get a cheat cam that zooms in and follows your killer and is as long as a MGS cutscene.
    Please stop doing these things in hopes of getting more sales. You won't.
    The only thing you're doing is driving alway your core community, and those are the only people keeping this game alive.
    Thanks!

It was a bug, and they fixed it.
    They changed the TTK back.
    We already had a kill cam that showed your position, the new one is only more clear. The timing of which they’ve said they will adjust.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You do realize they made the killcam change based on feedback, right? Not to casualized the game and attract more players.

I surf the forums quite a bit and the request for a killcam was very minimal in comparison to any of the other requests. It was implemented terribly and there is no defending it. Most likely will be reverted like their terrible ttk changes,
  • Loqtrall

I surf the forums quite a bit and the request for a killcam was very minimal in comparison to any of the other requests. It was implemented terribly and there is no defending it. Most likely will be reverted like their terrible ttk changes,

I surf the forums probably more than anyone else here, and the threads are definitely there. You also have to remember the BF community doesn't not solely consist of members of this forum. Devs take feedback from Reddit, Twitter, and even Facebook. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they even get tidbits from official discord servers.
  • DrkBlueXG
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. The Killcam and footsteps suck and does more harm than good for the game.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So what game are you going to play now? Obviously BF isn’t your thing. Btw - overwatch has always been for kids.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Please, for the love of the almighty blueberry muffin, stop making these threads.

Dude, he's MLG-pro incarnate, what are you even talking about?
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not having a killcam makes it too easy for Bad players to get kill streaks.

I find it laughable that people think the kill cam is for newbs. When the killcam encourages reengagements.

If you’re the type of player who gets upset because you’re camping spot is spoiled, and you’re worried about a player getting revenge. Well than you need to reevaluate your playstyle, and who is the real newb here...

And yeah the killcam isn’t perfect at the moment. It could use some tweaks for sure.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing having an actual working killcam does is allow players to punish campers. Don't be a scrub, PTFO and don't stay on the same spot more than a couple of minutes. Camping is already rewarded more than enough in bf5 with soldier camouflaging with the background so ridiculously well, the shadows making stuff pitch black, proning on your back or side making you harder to see or near impossible if you're laying alongside or on top of corpses and the removal of 3d spotting without being actively shot at first.
  • DrkBlueXG
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you’re the type of player who gets upset because you’re camping spot is spoiled, and you’re worried about a player getting revenge. Well than you need to reevaluate your playstyle, and who is the real newb here...

That's like, your opinion man.
    Some people like a more realistic game experience.
This discussion has been closed.